Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TPMS Toggling with Tech 2 on C5?

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2014, 09:33 AM
darguy
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default TPMS Toggling with Tech 2 on C5?

Hey Gang!

Tried to do a quickie TPMS toggle on my 99 FRC last night at the track. Couldn't find anything in the BCM programming section to toggle them off, do you think that's because the car is a '99 and not having them wasn't an option? If I went in as an '01 would I find that menu/option? Would that mess anything up in the BCM with it being a '99?

Also, any way to tell it that it doesn't have active handling / traction control / abs so I can get those warnings to go away?

Wish me luck in the rain this weekend!

Cheers,
D
Old 10-14-2014, 10:20 AM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,930 Likes on 5,334 Posts

Not sure why you would worry about that. All you have to do is push the reset button when the warning comes on and it will stay off the rest of the ignition cycle. Unlike the C6s it doesn't affect the operation of the car. I suspect the 01 and 99 BCMs have some differences due to the changes that occurred in the 01 model year. Those changes could be software based or both hardware/software based.

I don't know of anyway you can get around the lack of an EBCM or a failed EBCM all models of the C5 came standard with ABS and Traction Control so all BCMs are looking for inputs from an EBCM.

Bill
Old 10-15-2014, 03:19 PM
darguy
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Dearborn
Not sure why you would worry about that. All you have to do is push the reset button when the warning comes on and it will stay off the rest of the ignition cycle. Unlike the C6s it doesn't affect the operation of the car. I suspect the 01 and 99 BCMs have some differences due to the changes that occurred in the 01 model year. Those changes could be software based or both hardware/software based.

I don't know of anyway you can get around the lack of an EBCM or a failed EBCM all models of the C5 came standard with ABS and Traction Control so all BCMs are looking for inputs from an EBCM.

Bill
Hey Bill, my motivation is two-pronged: to eliminate the message on the '99, but to activate the system on my '01Z daily driver. When the '99 was my DD I upgraded the sensors to the later style at one point, and now I'd like to swap them over onto the Z.

Get notified of new replies

To TPMS Toggling with Tech 2 on C5?

Quick Reply: TPMS Toggling with Tech 2 on C5?