Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So let's sum up our conclusions about the first yr of Tudor and the Patron Endurance

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2014, 02:54 PM
RC000E
Le Mans Master

Received 346 Likes on 208 Posts
Default So let's sum up our conclusions about the first yr of Tudor and the Patron Endurance

Unfortunately, of all years, this has been the year I missed the most races, missed most of the action. I relocated out of state, which took several months (my shop was 7k sq/ft and have several cars). To add insult to injury, this was going to be my first year ever going to Petit Leman. My friend and I had tickets, were leaving Friday am and low and behold, my truck was overloaded which consumed the entire saturday getting sorted. So...with tickets, corral passes in hand...I MISSED Petit

Now...I've heard and seen a lot of information spread about the news and interwebs. I'm hoping though, some of you more informed can lend some knowledge. I understand there is some internal upset from the merger, I'm also hearing a lot of BOP talk. BOP has always been at play, but why does it seem to be more of a subject this year? In an almost storybook win for the Vipers, in a year I suspected would be their last...I am already questioning BOP as a dial to maintain involvement/secure wins.

Am I all off? How is this series turning out...what's the inside info...someone lend their analysis. I've heard things like GM has one foot out the door, but have found no supporting information of that statement. Where is this series headed and what's the issues at the core right now?
Old 10-11-2014, 08:07 PM
heavychevy
Safety Car

Received 179 Likes on 112 Posts

No, it completely had the feel of the rule makers pre-determining the race winners. Lots of teams upset, some left, the fields aren't really any bigger. It seems like this is going to widdle down to something no bigger than ALMS or Grand-Am were.

They need an image makeover IMO. Not a great start.
Old 10-11-2014, 08:11 PM
Bill32
Melting Slicks

Received 69 Likes on 59 Posts

Read This:

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...the-sport.html
Old 10-12-2014, 09:05 AM
jcsperson
Team Owner

Received 745 Likes on 429 Posts
NC Events Coordinator

Before we start in about what TUSC is, we have to review what ALMS and Grand-Am were. I think some folks look back fondly on ALMS especially and have forgotten what a joke that series had become.

ALMS was a mess. The P1 "field" usually consisted of three cars. In any given race, one or two of them broke or crashed. The P2 "fields" were usually four cars. Making the "podium" had no meaning in ALMS prototypes. The PC cars were there to give the illusion that a prototype race was actually taking place.

The GTLM fields were fun to watch. I suspect most people went to the track primarily for them. The GTC wasn't at all interesting. Spec classes usually aren't.

Grand-Am was, well, Grand-Am. The prototype fields were more competitive but not especially fast. The GT car fields lacked the depth and quality of GTLM.

Back to TUSC. The prototype class was much deeper and more competitive. Whether you like the cars or not, there was always actual racing going on unlike ALMS. The GTLM class was as entertaining as ever. GTD was the surprise of the year. I always thought the GT cars were the weakest link of Grand-Am with a few good teams dominating rag-tag also-rans. This was a competitive and fun-to-watch group that had a wide variety of marques.

I thought it was a decent year considering the merger and all that entails. Yes, there were growing pains. Yes, the BOP adjustments were often heavy-handed. Yes, there were some poor venue choices (KC vs. Mid-Ohio). Even for all that, TUSC was better than what we had before.

I posted these on another thread, but these would greatly improve the series:

1) Fix the TV coverage situation. This is critical.

2) Get Mid-Ohio back on the schedule

3) Get rid of PC. Nobody cares who wins those races and as often as not the big shunts seem to involve PCs. Either that, or give them 50 more hp so they actually perform like prototypes.

4) Fix the BOP situation.

5) Get some more of those Ligiers into the hands of competent teams. It's a superior car to the HPD ARX.

6) They need one more team in GTLM to replace Viper. I'd like to see Aston, Nissan or Toyota/Lexus jump into the fray.
Old 10-13-2014, 09:32 AM
2 GTOs
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '11-'12

I agree with point 1 above. I rarely get to see a race because I don't subscribe to FS2 with my cable provider and it then blocks me on the IMSA website due to viewing restrictions in my area. I guess the website knows where I am and that I could be subscribing to FS2

Get notified of new replies

To So let's sum up our conclusions about the first yr of Tudor and the Patron Endurance

Quick Reply: So let's sum up our conclusions about the first yr of Tudor and the Patron Endurance