Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

T1 Sway on 09 or newer C6

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2014, 10:06 PM
Enterprisehunter
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Default T1 Sway on 09 or newer C6

Does anyone know if the GM T1 sway bars will fit on 2009 base corvette coupe? Trying to get info out of GMpartsdirect.com and Floyd said they are not compatible, only until 2007.

Are there any modifications that need to be done on this install? Again, gmpartsdirect.com says the holes in the front sway and control arm need to be bigger and moded.

Posted in C6 Gen Disc.
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1588162945
Old 10-31-2014, 11:11 PM
ErnieN85
Safety Car

Received 264 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by Enterprisehunter
Does anyone know if the GM T1 sway bars will fit on 2009 base corvette coupe? Trying to get info out of GMpartsdirect.com and Floyd said they are not compatible, only until 2007.

Are there any modifications that need to be done on this install? Again, gmpartsdirect.com says the holes in the front sway and control arm need to be bigger and moded.

Posted in C6 Gen Disc.

Bolted righ on mine although they are too stiff for street tires
stock Z06 will work better with street tires if feels good flat cornering no body roll but the tires don't grip as well as they could.
I like the feel on the street, however I would need to run slicks on track for the car to work right
Old 10-31-2014, 11:11 PM
froggy47
Race Director

Received 194 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by Enterprisehunter

Posted in C6 Gen Disc.
I don't know , but if the shape matches yours I'd buy a drill.

Not kidding.
Old 11-03-2014, 11:15 AM
mikeCsix
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 183 Likes on 163 Posts

I thought the T-1 sway bars were good all the way through the 2013 cars. As far as I know, the mounts hadn't changed for the C-6's.
Old 11-03-2014, 03:28 PM
strano@stranoparts.com
Supporting Vendor

Received 231 Likes on 145 Posts

That's funny since I've used one on my 2012 Grand Sport. In fact if anyone wants it, it's for sale. $250 shipped.

I'd agree it's too much for most uses and for street tires at the limit, it was just a bit too much on the GS (which has a soft front spring) which is why we make a solid 35mm bar for the cars too.
814-849-3450

More options than any other single company out there. More parts than any other single company I know: Brakes to Safety, Wheels to Exhaust. Suspension to Air Filters: Girodisc, Hawk, Raybestos, Essex Racing/AP, Ferodo, Wilwood, Penske, Koni, Borg Motorsport, Ridetech, Viking, After Dark Speed, Hotchkis, Bilstein, KW, Forgestar, BC Forged, Forgeline, MRR Wheels and on, and on, and on it goes.

Old 11-07-2014, 03:12 PM
mikeCsix
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 183 Likes on 163 Posts

Sam,
Is your comments regarding the T-1 sway bar directed to Auto Cross or Road Course?
Thanks,

Mike
Old 11-07-2014, 03:25 PM
strano@stranoparts.com
Supporting Vendor

Received 231 Likes on 145 Posts

Well, both really. Both things you want good balance for. AX you are in the meat of 2nd gear more often and can steer more readily with the throttle on the way out than you can on a typical road course. But that doesn't help you at the entry to middle phase of the corner.

Bottom line, I never run different setups on my less stock autocross cars than I do with those same cars on the track. An autocross car is less fast if it's too tight, but either situation tight is tight and keeps you from hitting apexes cleanly and getting on the gas as early on the way out.

Get notified of new replies

To T1 Sway on 09 or newer C6

Quick Reply: T1 Sway on 09 or newer C6