Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PFADT back?

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2014, 06:38 PM
Werks
Drifting

Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Solofast
Generally when a company goes thru reorganization a lot of suppliers get stiffed too. What happens is that the reorganized company can't pay off some folks and not others. That means that everybody gets made whole (or settles for less than the total owed), or nobody get made whole. They generally cannot go back and selectively make the customers whole without paying off all of their suppliers, which is very unlikely to happen.

Unless someone with very deep pockets comes in and bails them out it isn't going to happen. It could happen, but I would be very surprised if it did, and if I was expecting a refund or parts from the old Pfadt, I wouldn't hold my breath.
Stiffing a supplier is one thing, stiffing your customers is something completely different. As a business owner you know when your running out of cash and can not make your bills, you know that well in advance. The issue that I have with Pfadt is that they continued to collect money from end users and accept sales on their site up until the day they pulled the plug on the whole thing. There is no way that Aaron or anyone else there did not already know days before they closed down that they were out of stock on an item and that they would never be able to ship it. Yet and still they continued billing peoples credit cards milking every last penny out of it that they could right up until the cat was out of the bag and they could not get anymore and then came out with a sob story about how they grew too fast and just ran out of money. That still does not change the fact that he continued to take every last penny from a person that he could right up until the curtain fell. Aaron ran the business, Aaron is responsible for how his business is conducted and for taking care of his customers and ultimately the buck stops with Aaron be he a nice guy or not.

As far as repayments etc. I agree with what you wrote, if people are owed money it's not going to happen. As a supplier I would not be happy about that but it's business and companies that you do work for are going to go under periodically. The consumers are the innocent ones that should not be caught up in this mess imho but unfortunately are because of the way they (Pfadt) conducted them self.
Old 11-06-2014, 08:29 PM
Olitho
Le Mans Master

Received 355 Likes on 222 Posts

Originally Posted by Werks
Stiffing a supplier is one thing, stiffing your customers is something completely different....

.... The consumers are the innocent ones that should not be caught up in this mess imho but unfortunately are because of the way they (Pfadt) conducted them self.
You are mixing together a lot of personal opinion vs. what is stated in bankruptcy law. As the one who helped Aaron put this deal together with a much better financed company, with much larger revenues and a much deeper management bench, I can assure you that many of your assertions are incorrect.

Additionally, I know that some customers had issues with getting product they ordered and paid for. In some cases the customers were able to reverse the charges on their cards. In other cases Pfadt was able to scare up some product to ship.

Financial difficulties at a company are a difficult chasm to navigate and it is seldom as clean as you profess. There is talk about the vast number of customers jilted by Pfadt. So far I have not seen too many actual remaining cases of such, but I recommend those people write to Aaron and Pfadt Racing to see what can be resolved, if anything, at this point in time. That is what I would do.

In the US bankruptcies are disappointing, but it is not a crime. The ability to take a risk and venture out is what separates the US from almost every other country. That is why we have so many great inventions, new products and great companies.

I wish the best to Pfadt Racing and I hope that any client issues can be rectified.
Old 11-06-2014, 09:13 PM
Werks
Drifting

Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Olitho
You are mixing together a lot of personal opinion vs. what is stated in bankruptcy law. As the one who helped Aaron put this deal together with a much better financed company, with much larger revenues and a much deeper management bench, I can assure you that many of your assertions are incorrect.

Additionally, I know that some customers had issues with getting product they ordered and paid for. In some cases the customers were able to reverse the charges on their cards. In other cases Pfadt was able to scare up some product to ship.

Financial difficulties at a company are a difficult chasm to navigate and it is seldom as clean as you profess. There is talk about the vast number of customers jilted by Pfadt. So far I have not seen too many actual remaining cases of such, but I recommend those people write to Aaron and Pfadt Racing to see what can be resolved, if anything, at this point in time. That is what I would do.

In the US bankruptcies are disappointing, but it is not a crime. The ability to take a risk and venture out is what separates the US from almost every other country. That is why we have so many great inventions, new products and great companies.

I wish the best to Pfadt Racing and I hope that any client issues can be rectified.
I'm sure that I am mixing up a lot of personal opinion versus what is stated in bankruptcy law. The concept of continuing to bill people for products that you neither have in stock and/or are knowingly unable to ship up until the day that you close your doors though has little to do with bankruptcy law, it has to do with morals and ethics. You might consider that "disappointing" I and I would hazard to guess many others would consider that "highly unethical" but it's great to hear that "in some cases the customers were able to reverse the charges on their cards" lol.

You can spin it as the ability to take risk is what makes America great or however you want but the bottom line is that a bunch of customers bought into Pfadt and their products and a lot of them ended up getting screwed. Either through questionable quality parts or by being billed for product that they never received, the fact that they may or may not have been able to dispute their credit card charges after the fact does not make it better nor make how they were treated irrelevant.
Old 11-06-2014, 09:45 PM
LG Motorsports
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 571 Likes on 292 Posts
St. Jude Vendor Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11

Folks,

Let me interject here. There has not been a single part that Puff daddy (pfadt) made that actually was up to track standards.
He got every truthful thread blocked or shut down so nothing negative could reach the forum members. Of course that will change back again when they sign up to buy an ad.

They threatened dealers if they carried competitors parts or posted up positive things about other companies.

As for the facts that kept getting squashed, the Front sway bars broke, --- rear sway bars did not work like a sway bar because the rear arms, at ride height were angled up and did not actually rotate.

His spherical bearings came loose and needed lock tight to keep them Working for a few miles before they rattled and needed replacement parts.

His shocks were junk and broke often but this was also kept from the forum. He either bribed his customers into not speaking up or got the thread deleted. When they first came out, I posted up the problems because he was not a sponsor yet and all that did was help him to get them closer to actually function but he still broke shocks left and right.

His header stats and results were mostly hype and even though they came from China, he claimed - made in USA. Now, we get a few things made in china but we do not lie and call them MADE in the USA.

In addition, most of his forum supporters came from in house posting from his own company IP address. And as long as it appeared to not be the vendor posting, they bashed the competition at will.

Integrity means doing the right thing when no one is watching. This return is going to be ugly.

Every company has minor issues but we remedy the cause as well as stand behind our products.

In our 40 years of racing and winning championships and so many race wins, we have seen every problem you can imagine. That way we avoid passing the problems on to you.

Our prices are competitive-- our products are second to none-- and with few exception, we strive to offer the best service in the industry.

That is why we race and you win.

Thanks for everything.

Lou gigliotti.

http://lgmotorsports.com/gallery/alb...no_compare.jpg

LGM http://www.LGMotorsports.com
Winner Daytona 250
22 WC Wins

"Most powerful Corvette headers on the planet"

Last edited by LG Motorsports; 11-06-2014 at 09:50 PM.
Old 11-06-2014, 10:18 PM
Apocolipse
Le Mans Master

Received 1,278 Likes on 923 Posts

^ I like this guy, sees the opportunity and grabs it.
Old 11-06-2014, 10:32 PM
dbs1vette
Drifting

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Wow. That is some interesting info. I personally never purchased any pfhadt parts, but I've dealt with a company that went down and out knowing full well what they were doing and still collecting $. Many years later that taste in my mouth is still very bad and I'm guessing such will be the case with pfhadt if this was their mo as well as their products substandard.

I've also had post blocked on forums just because they were forum sponsors. Bad way to do biz!
Old 11-06-2014, 10:51 PM
LG Motorsports

Originally Posted by Apocolipse
^ I like this guy, sees the opportunity and grabs it.
The truth has never been allowed to reach any forum members.

The opportunity that we grabbed came into 2001 when we developed our own corvette headers. Then all the street versions of our race parts.

It has been Fun for sure.

It is what it is. We can't change reality.

Thanks

Lou gigliotti

Last edited by LG Motorsports; 11-06-2014 at 11:12 PM.
Old 11-06-2014, 11:54 PM
Lawdogg
Safety Car

Received 210 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by LG Motorsports
Folks,

Let me interject here. There has not been a single part that Puff daddy (pfadt) made that actually was up to track standards.
He got every truthful thread blocked or shut down so nothing negative could reach the forum members. Of course that will change back again when they sign up to buy an ad.

They threatened dealers if they carried competitors parts or posted up positive things about other companies.

As for the facts that kept getting squashed, the Front sway bars broke, --- rear sway bars did not work like a sway bar because the rear arms, at ride height were angled up and did not actually rotate.

His spherical bearings came loose and needed lock tight to keep them Working for a few miles before they rattled and needed replacement parts.

His shocks were junk and broke often but this was also kept from the forum. He either bribed his customers into not speaking up or got the thread deleted. When they first came out, I posted up the problems because he was not a sponsor yet and all that did was help him to get them closer to actually function but he still broke shocks left and right.

His header stats and results were mostly hype and even though they came from China, he claimed - made in USA. Now, we get a few things made in china but we do not lie and call them MADE in the USA.

In addition, most of his forum supporters came from in house posting from his own company IP address. And as long as it appeared to not be the vendor posting, they bashed the competition at will.

Integrity means doing the right thing when no one is watching. This return is going to be ugly.

Every company has minor issues but we remedy the cause as well as stand behind our products.

In our 40 years of racing and winning championships and so many race wins, we have seen every problem you can imagine. That way we avoid passing the problems on to you.

Our prices are competitive-- our products are second to none-- and with few exception, we strive to offer the best service in the industry.

Thanks for everything.

Lou gigliotti.

Thanks for this post. I've seen first hand the Pfadt sway bar issues you raised. The spherical bearing info I hadn't heard before and I hope isn't universal since I have those Pfadt sphericals on my car.
Old 11-06-2014, 11:54 PM
Twistedpixels
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LG Motorsports
Folks,

Thanks for everything.

Lou gigliotti.
Please post your facts that prove their headers are made in China.
Old 11-07-2014, 12:08 AM
LG Motorsports

Originally Posted by Twistedpixels
Please post your facts that prove their headers are made in China.
Do a search in the forum. I posted up a screen shot on the forum, of the import container of their ship met of exhaust from China.

LG
Old 11-07-2014, 12:26 AM
z06801
Melting Slicks

Received 296 Likes on 201 Posts

I have to say that their headers were 100% made from stainless stock cut, bent and welded in house I watch the process. Its just not true they came from China. I have no stake either way but live close and saw with my own eyes CNC pipe benders and in house people welding them right there on the spot.
Old 11-07-2014, 01:12 AM
LG Motorsports

Sample shipment record for Pfadt Race Engineering
Pfadt Race Engineering imports from Ningbo Yinzhou Gns Auto Parts Co.,l in China through the port of Los Angeles, California

BILL OF LADING
Manufacturer / Shipper Consignee
NINGBO YINZHOU GNS AUTO PARTS CO.,L
YUNLONG INDUSTRIAL ZONE,YINZHOU NINGBO CN
PFADT RACE ENGINEERING
1055 SOUTH 700 WEST SALT LAKE CITY CN
Notify Party Marks and Numbers
PFADT RACE ENGINEERING
1055 SOUTH 700 WEST SALT LAKE CITY CN
PFADT
Master Bill of Lading Number Container Number
OOLU2530530710 OOLU6322660
Product Description
EXHAUST PIPES

NOTE: This is a full container. This "Record" of the container shipment is an example of the type of record that can be had but it is a FULL container that was shipped to Pfadt.

Last edited by LG Motorsports; 11-07-2014 at 07:27 AM.
Old 11-07-2014, 01:24 AM
LG Motorsports

BILL OF LADING
Manufacturer / Shipper Consignee
HD SYSTEM CO., LTD.
1035, SHINWANG-RI, YANGGAM-MYUN, HWASUNG-SI, KYUNGGI-DO, KOREA . TEL:82-31-352-5452,3 KR031-352-5452
ROBBIN C. SOWINSKI
PFADT RACE ENGINEERING 1525 S.GLADIOLA, SUITE 1 SALT LAKE UT 84104 CITY, UT 84104 USA US8889722464
Notify Party
Old 11-07-2014, 01:44 AM
z06801
Melting Slicks

Received 296 Likes on 201 Posts

I'm a manufacture myself not in automotive of course, but I get samples of stuff sent to me from China factories all the time doesn't mean my customers are wearing them. When I'm not on the inside I guess I shouldn't open my mouth and I'm certainly not trying to talk for anybody, but I did get to tour their building and saw production header manufacturing taking place. I'll leave it at that.

Last edited by z06801; 11-07-2014 at 01:48 AM.
Old 11-07-2014, 02:46 AM
FuriousDonuts
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^ Agree. Headers were absolutely made in the USA. I also live in the area and saw the process start to finish. Can't speak to any of their other parts though...
Old 11-07-2014, 03:32 AM
Ludedude
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FuriousDonuts
^^ Agree. Headers were absolutely made in the USA. I also live in the area and saw the process start to finish. Can't speak to any of their other parts though...
I have no dog in this fight but a bill of lading from China for "exhaust pipes" can simply be raw materials, not finished headers. Sourcing tubing from overseas mills and then having craftsmen build the headers here in the states doesn't equal headers made in China.

Just a thought...
Old 11-07-2014, 07:25 AM
LG Motorsports

Guys,

These were two full Containers, not samples in a box. I posted up the complete manifest on this some time ago, when this issue came up, but I could not find it quickly last night. It may have been one of the ones deleted by the Forum.

Think what you want. it does not matter to me. Just also think of the pattern and lack of honor displayed by that company and make your own judgements.

Making them in China is no worse than GM making 35% of the Corvette in China in one of their 11 new factories over there.

The issue is the claim that they were 100% made here. And regardless, like all their products, their last batch would not fit the car.

I am not going to get into a pissing match about the totality of this failed company.

LG Motorsports has been a Forum Member since 2001. We have seen companies come and go over the years. Nothing will stop them from entering the Corvette market. But it is Honor and Integrity that will keep them here.

Most of the forum members know me. They also know that I would not say anything that I was not able to back up.

Have a great day.

Lou Gigliotti

Get notified of new replies

To PFADT back?

Old 11-07-2014, 07:35 AM
LG Motorsports

Originally Posted by Ludedude
I have no dog in this fight but a bill of lading from China for "exhaust pipes" can simply be raw materials, not finished headers. Sourcing tubing from overseas mills and then having craftsmen build the headers here in the states doesn't equal headers made in China.

Just a thought...
Then it would be called "Tubing" on the Container Bill of Lading, not "exhaust".

The US Government customs is not a place that you can "wing it". There are tariff codes that must be accurate and that would not allow a sloppy description.

When I get back from SEMA, I will look in my office computer to see if I have the full record for you, just because I am a hard head,

thanks
Lou Gigliotti

LG Motorsports C7 with Our Carbon Splitter and rockers. Headers for this car are complete, tested and in production

Last edited by LG Motorsports; 11-07-2014 at 07:56 AM.
Old 11-07-2014, 07:36 AM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

I've seen there stuff break time and time again, not fit, not perform, but like Lou said, you would never find that hear. I know a lot of people who went through 2-3 sets of coilovers, 2-3 sets of headers, and just kept replacing it. When they finally move on to some quality parts, not only were the cars faster, they were more reliable. It was all marketing fluff. There were 1-2 parts that were decent (motor mounts, tranny mounts), other than that, almost all of it was substandard sold and marketed like top tier parts.

If you want coilovers get Ridetech, LG, penske, moton, ohlins, or one of the many companies that makes a quality one. If you want sways there are plenty of good options.
Old 11-07-2014, 08:25 AM
heavychevy
Safety Car

Received 179 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by z06801
I'm a manufacture myself not in automotive of course, but I get samples of stuff sent to me from China factories all the time doesn't mean my customers are wearing them. When I'm not on the inside I guess I shouldn't open my mouth and I'm certainly not trying to talk for anybody, but I did get to tour their building and saw production header manufacturing taking place. I'll leave it at that.
I may say that just because they made some in the states does not mean they made them all in the states. It's easy enough to make a batch, call them 100% made in USA and then order a bunch from China after that. I've spent enough time in a partnership with a tuner to see that for myself. Headers can be had from China for dirt cheap. It's a hard thing to pass up.

CF does too much to protect shady vendors as long as they pay up. This is not the first time this has happened either with them shoveling stuff under the rug. MTI (Texas) was ripping people off too and then went under.

There is too much defense of lack of ethics here. There clearly are still people missing products or money. While the vendors just resurfaces with an expected clean slate. That is a slap in the face to all of those guys.

Quick Reply: PFADT back?