Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PFADT back?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2014, 10:00 PM
Rob Willis
Safety Car

Received 121 Likes on 63 Posts

Default PFADT back?

Post on facebook about SEMA.
Old 11-03-2014, 10:16 PM
Olitho
Le Mans Master

Received 355 Likes on 222 Posts

The Puzzle -

https://www.facebook.com/PfadtRacing

https://www.facebook.com/afepower

http://afepower.com/shop/application...p?&brandID=140
Old 11-03-2014, 10:42 PM
dvandentop
Race Director

Received 583 Likes on 242 Posts

whats the AFE power about? outsourced their header making to them it looks like
Old 11-03-2014, 11:02 PM
Olitho
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by dvandentop
whats the AFE power about? outsourced their header making to them it looks like
It is more involved than that....
Old 11-03-2014, 11:13 PM
Olitho
Le Mans Master

Celebrity Name
Celebrity Known For
Date of Appearance
Time of Appearance
Company Name

Johnny O'Connell
The most successful GM factory race car driver
Wednesday, November 05, 2014
1:00PM - 2:00PM
aFe Power
Booth #21301
Old 11-04-2014, 11:03 AM
Bad Karma
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Yeah, I saw that post yesterday as well. One comment about being almost back or on the road to being back?

Going to be a rough come-back since people immediately starting posting about being owed money by them...
Old 11-04-2014, 08:21 PM
Drifting

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

I wonder if they'll do a black friday sale again......
Old 11-05-2014, 12:16 AM
phxcobra
Burning Brakes

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

why would anyone buy from them again?
Old 11-05-2014, 09:46 AM
el es tu
Safety Car

Received 45 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Bad Karma
Yeah, I saw that post yesterday as well. One comment about being almost back or on the road to being back?

Going to be a rough come-back since people immediately starting posting about being owed money by them...

Originally Posted by Pfadt
On the road back for sure. And yes, you may see some German applications along with the core Pfadt products

headers for M cars:

Originally Posted by AFE
aFe POWER has finished prep on our BMW #M4 and it's ready for detailing and the transporter for The SEMA Show! The DPE Wheels, USA 20" Monoblocks look fantastic and transform the car, and here is a glimpse of the aFe Exhaust System, which to sum up in one word is AGGRESSIVE. #SEMA here we come!
Originally Posted by AFE
aFe POWER customer Gary was pleased with his BMW #M3 headers, and sent in a note saying these are "The Greatest M3 Headers Ever Made". Thanks Gary.. we're pretty proud of our talented crew here too..

EDIT: Pfadt's website is showing products again; including some stuff that wasnt on there before...

Last edited by el es tu; 11-05-2014 at 09:52 AM.
Old 11-05-2014, 01:03 PM
Painrace
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 63 Likes on 48 Posts

I hope they come back. Aaron is a very good guy.

Jim
Old 11-05-2014, 07:12 PM
NVR2L8
Drifting

Received 50 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Painrace

Jim
Many customers that may need service, upgrades, etc.

Old 11-05-2014, 07:39 PM
Apocolipse
Le Mans Master

Received 1,282 Likes on 927 Posts

I bet the people that copied their mounts are now worried about copyright infringement lol
Old 11-05-2014, 10:32 PM
Larry Myers
Burning Brakes

Received 82 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by Painrace

Jim
Old 11-06-2014, 10:07 AM
tgcounts
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Pfadt IS back

I met with Aaron yesterday and they've moved their location to California but expect to be back 100% very soon. He said he was under a "quiet order" during all the negotiations and I know where he's coming from. I've sold two companies and it can be very hard for the seller and the seller's customers. You can't say anything, no matter how simple, as it is a legal requirement during the close. Aaron said he's very confident that all their products will be restored plus several new ones. It was the new ones stacked on existing orders that killed him the last time. Hopefully the new company can manage the cash-flow to maintain health.

But, bottom-line, Pfadt is back and we should have access to some more really good parts once again. Competition is good, it keeps our after-market appetite affordable.

Here's a toast to a clean, fresh start and I certainly hope the communication (and delivery) returns for prior orders.
Old 11-06-2014, 01:10 PM
rbl
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

But the question remains ... did he stiff folks or not?

If not then it needs to be cleared up so it does not taint the come-back. If he did then that is a different matter.
Old 11-06-2014, 01:13 PM
90pololt4
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Their back!

So glad to hear this. Great people and always great to work with. I wish them the best. Will be placing ordering for customers again.
Old 11-06-2014, 01:45 PM
Werks
Drifting

Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by tgcounts
But, bottom-line, Pfadt is back and we should have access to some more really good parts once again. Competition is good, it keeps our after-market appetite affordable.

Here's a toast to a clean, fresh start and I certainly hope the communication (and delivery) returns for prior orders.
It seems that everyone is forgetting about all of the customers that got burned in the last go around being charged for their parts that never shipped, being told that they would receive refunds or the correct parts sent out which often did not happen and basically got stuck holding the bag out their money and their parts that they were charged for. The bottom line is how the whole thing went down last time was a shame and the worst part of it was that they burned their customers and people should not be so quick to sweep that fact under the carpet and welcome the guy back with open arms.

As a business owner my self frankly with what I would consider a normal amount of morals, what he did offends me. When you run a business and extend credit to another company you do so knowing that there is a certain level or amount of risk involved in doing so as the company that you sell products to might go out of business. When an end user buys something they expect to get it and as a business owner you should not be taking their money when you have no product to sell them and do not know when or in his case even if he would ever be able to provide them with the products that they paid for. That frankly imho is completely unethical and some may even go so far as to call it defrauding your customers or basically stealing.

If you are going to wind down a business ethically your first concern should be to take care of your customers and get them what you they paid for or refund their money period. Taking care of your vendors is secondary, they are businesses and knew going into things that there was a risk involved in it. When this whole thing went down seeing page after page of people on here posting about never having received product from Pfadt and not being able to get refunds etc. etc. is frankly un-excusable and at the end of the day falls directly on the head of the person running the business. Welcoming someone like that back with open arms like many seem to be doing to me is ludicrous and is akin to welcoming your neighbor back on his release from jail who stole money from everyone on the block..... except for you. It does not matter how "nice" the guy was, would you be throwing him a welcome home BBQ?

On a side note, what are all of the "really good parts" that they made? The shocks that were continually blowing out and failing? The swaybars on which the aluminum lever arms were breaking, falling off and the bars were sliding over in the mounts binding? The poly bushings that did not fit properly and had to be trimmed to fit properly or the circlips would pop out? The spherical bushings that have undersized circlips in them that also pop out? The carbon driveshaft that I just had to drop my transmission to fix because the aluminum adapter plate installed from the factory came loose? The camber kit that I just had to replace with one from LG because the range of adjustment is too narrow????

I used to run almost every pfadt part made, because of problems with everything now there are a total of 5 left on my car. Their carbon driveshaft which I just had to have pulled and put together properly, their solid transmission and engine mounts which it turns out they don't even make and their front and rear tow hooks which are welded together pieces of metal sheet and anyone can make. Really good products

Get notified of new replies

To PFADT back?

Old 11-06-2014, 03:56 PM
rbl
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Well said ....

PFadt and company does seem to have some people carrying his water for him but stiffing the folks is a huge no-no IMHO.

I wonder how Mr. Aaron came out personally ... still eating well and living large or?

It is a sad day when we welcome or reward bad behavior. It may not need to be punished forever but it certainly should never be dismissed.
Old 11-06-2014, 05:04 PM
Drifting

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by 90pololt4
So glad to hear this. Great people and always great to work with. I wish them the best. Will be placing ordering for customers again.
If in fact there is 1 customer they burnt on the way out only to come back months later and forget them, they/he is not a great person at all.
However if they start rectifying those lost orders and refunds then Ill feel otherwise. until then Pfadt is dead and won't survive the market they burnt or the Bimmer market for that matter. People talk and with social media as strong as it is good luck sweeping that kind of thing under the rug.
I hope they do the right thing
Old 11-06-2014, 05:53 PM
Solofast
Melting Slicks

Received 85 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by 383
If in fact there is 1 customer they burnt on the way out only to come back months later and forget them, they/he is not a great person at all.
However if they start rectifying those lost orders and refunds then Ill feel otherwise. until then Pfadt is dead and won't survive the market they burnt or the Bimmer market for that matter. People talk and with social media as strong as it is good luck sweeping that kind of thing under the rug.
I hope they do the right thing
Generally when a company goes thru reorganization a lot of suppliers get stiffed too. What happens is that the reorganized company can't pay off some folks and not others. That means that everybody gets made whole (or settles for less than the total owed), or nobody get made whole. They generally cannot go back and selectively make the customers whole without paying off all of their suppliers, which is very unlikely to happen.

Unless someone with very deep pockets comes in and bails them out it isn't going to happen. It could happen, but I would be very surprised if it did, and if I was expecting a refund or parts from the old Pfadt, I wouldn't hold my breath.

Quick Reply: PFADT back?