Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2014, 02:20 AM
red L98
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Front

Hey guys ,

Looking at my car last night trying to come up with ideas on how to remove some weight .. Looking on the front bumper , it looks like some weight can be reduced by removing the Impact bar, has anyone eve removed it and was able to secure the bumper ? is this even needed to mount the bumper ? Any ideas tips would be greatly appreciated . Thanks

Old 11-10-2014, 04:55 PM
Rexracer77
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by red L98
Hey guys ,

Looking at my car last night trying to come up with ideas on how to remove some weight .. Looking on the front bumper , it looks like some weight can be reduced by removing the Impact bar, has anyone eve removed it and was able to secure the bumper ? is this even needed to mount the bumper ? Any ideas tips would be greatly appreciated . Thanks

How much does the foam weigh, 1lbs? You could loose more weight of your own body way easier then that part...
Old 11-10-2014, 09:19 PM
red L98
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Rexracer77
How much does the foam weigh, 1lbs? You could loose more weight of your own body way easier then that part...
it's not foam , i was told you could cut close to 25lbs off the bumper, removing the impact bar, honey comb looking impact bar and skid plate hardware.
Old 11-11-2014, 01:29 PM
Apocolipse
Le Mans Master

Received 1,281 Likes on 926 Posts

The steel bumper holds the two frame rails together...
Old 11-11-2014, 04:09 PM
Rexracer77
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Apocolipse
The steel bumper holds the two frame rails together...
Right, you cant loose that part, so your back to just the plastic bits.

Sure everything adds up, but depends on how the car will be used.

Is the carpet out of the car? All sound insulation materials out? Have you replaced the rear glass with poly? Speakers/Stereo gone?

I would do all those things before I took bits out of the bumper.

Caged track only car? Maybe, but that plastic could save some sharp bit from another car from going straight into your radiator putting you out of a race.

Get notified of new replies

To Front

Quick Reply: Front