Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bought a c5z with coilovers...

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2014, 09:51 PM
yow
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Bought a c5z with coilovers...

Lots of questions. I bought a car from a sweet lady here on cf, with intentions on building a t2/t3 car. Got it shipped and turns out it's got a NASA logbook from 2008 where a previous owner did several track days. Do you know the car? Seen it at Thunderhill? Anyone know Thomas Coon, the previous owner, a CA resident? I have some questions about it as I move forward.

In any event, can someone tell me about these coilovers? Callaway Eibaack. I'm curious if they're worth keeping or worth selling in order to buy something else. Are the springs enough for the aero? There's a gtc-300 wing and I plan to add a big chin to the aci splitter.

And this may be a dumb question, but what's the braided line with a green pc in line, up by the exhaust pipe, rear of the engine?
Attached Images     
Old 11-20-2014, 12:30 AM
redtopz
Melting Slicks

Received 44 Likes on 27 Posts

That's the hydraulic line to the clutch. It has a quick disconnect. Those are 650 lb springs, not sure if that's front or rear but they are in the ballpark for a C5. I don't know much about those shocks but it looks like they have remote canisters. Are they adjustable? I assume they are probably pretty good and worth keeping unless you want to go to a top of the line shock like mcs or Penske.
Old 11-20-2014, 07:36 AM
yow
Pro

Thank you! That's a pic of the left rear. I appreciate the input!
Old 11-20-2014, 05:23 PM
strano@stranoparts.com
Supporting Vendor

Received 231 Likes on 145 Posts

Looks like it's leaking oil to me, at least that pic of the one shock. I've not had good luck with the few sets of Eibach dampers I've dealt with in terms of durability. The damping isn't too bad, but the shock itself isn't very well built. They are double adjustable.
814-849-3450

More options than any other single company out there. More parts than any other single company I know: Brakes to Safety, Wheels to Exhaust. Suspension to Air Filters: Girodisc, Hawk, Raybestos, Essex Racing/AP, Ferodo, Wilwood, Penske, Koni, Borg Motorsport, Ridetech, Viking, After Dark Speed, Hotchkis, Bilstein, KW, Forgestar, BC Forged, Forgeline, MRR Wheels and on, and on, and on it goes.

Old 11-25-2014, 08:59 AM
smellya
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I have them on my C6Z. They are the ones without the leaf springs. Callaway made 2 different ones. I like them so far. I have around 8-9 track days on them so far. The old owner had a pile of track days on the car. If they are leaking get them re valved. I am in Northern California. You may want to check with the guys at MSI in sacramento about the car. They liked to put those coilovers in track cars. Just a shot in the dark but it may help. Msi is more into selling guns then corvettes now.
Old 11-25-2014, 09:35 AM
yow
Pro

Thanks for the input!

Get notified of new replies

To Bought a c5z with coilovers...

Quick Reply: Bought a c5z with coilovers...