Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCA Autocross Race Video. 12/7/2014.

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2014, 09:28 PM
mountainbiker2
Melting Slicks

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

Default PCA Autocross Race Video. 12/7/2014.

Last race of the year. This track did not disappoint. Super fun! 1st. overall out of 105 cars.

During practice, I asked the "the Master" (Brian Peters) to drive my car. If you want to see how good a driver you are, just put Brian in the drivers seat and let him show you how a Pro does it. Only let him drive one lap. Anymore and you'll feel like quitting and taking up knitting.

Steve
Old 12-08-2014, 11:09 PM
dhowdy
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

For being on street tires, he was running scary fast time!

Have you seen this? http://tinyurl.com/qcjpwf5 Fun to watch for comparison (I use it with my own videos to see where the fast people got time on me). Might have to pause your side for a split second to sync them with crossing timing lights. You guys are so close cone to cone it's crazy -- slight edge to him through the first half, but you're faster through the pivot and chutes on the backside to even it out, and he just barely edges you out from the last slalom on. You're both faster than me basically everywhere

Here's my video for CF I guess 68.870

Shame this run was dirty as it was the only decent thing I put together, couple critical errors in that back sweeper and turn around cone before the second slalom, plus slow/late through both slaloms. I was in denial of coning at the event, a bit of anger and sadness on the drive home, finally moving into the acceptance phase

You and Peters both had some really great runs, disappointed in myself but will learn and get better for next time, all in all another great day of autocross. I don't think I'll make it back out again until the Pro Solo in March since AZ has a pretty packed schedule through the beginning of the year, but I'll definitely be back!

*edit* Just rewatching... what was that horn about? My hands are all over the place compared to you guys, which you told me last time, I'll have to start focusing more on that.

Last edited by dhowdy; 12-09-2014 at 01:27 AM.
Old 12-09-2014, 12:05 AM
redtopz
Melting Slicks

Received 44 Likes on 27 Posts

Great job Steve!
Old 12-09-2014, 01:47 PM
froggy47
Race Director

Received 194 Likes on 164 Posts

Very interesting comparison. Brian seems to do a lot more small "mid corner to corner exit" steering corrections, you seem to pick the line & stay with it. Obvious difference in the 1/2 shift spot. Brian carrying some extra weight. And still so close in time.

Good post, thanks!
Old 12-10-2014, 09:43 PM
mountainbiker2
Melting Slicks

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by dhowdy

Have you seen this? http://tinyurl.com/qcjpwf5 Fun to watch for comparison (I use it with my own videos to see where the fast people got time on me).

I was in denial of coning at the event, a bit of anger and sadness on the drive home, finally moving into the acceptance phase

*edit* Just rewatching... what was that horn about? My hands are all over the place compared to you guys, which you told me last time, I'll have to start focusing more on that.
That Doubler is pretty fun to play with. This sport is hard mentally like most performance type events. I go from the highest of highs to the lowest of lows all in a couple of minutes. Even if I win, I can find all kinds of mistakes on my run. Then I feel like I didn't deserve it. I believe with your desire and attitude you will become one of the "big dogs" of this sport. Make it happen.

One of the corner workers were in the way. Brian honked at him to move. Check it out again. Brian looks way way ahead. He's been drilling that into me. So far, I'm to lazy to give it full attention. 2015 I will make it happen.

Originally Posted by redtopz
Great job Steve!
Thanks Bill.

Originally Posted by froggy47
Very interesting comparison. Brian seems to do a lot more small "mid corner to corner exit" steering corrections, you seem to pick the line & stay with it. Obvious difference in the 1/2 shift spot. Brian carrying some extra weight. And still so close in time.

Good post, thanks!
You're welcome.

Steve

Last edited by mountainbiker2; 12-12-2014 at 05:43 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To PCA Autocross Race Video. 12/7/2014.

Quick Reply: PCA Autocross Race Video. 12/7/2014.