Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C7 PTM and TCS Help Needed

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2014, 12:25 PM
rikhek
Safety Car

Received 860 Likes on 393 Posts

Default C7 PTM and TCS Help Needed

FWIW, I've read the manual and searched but have not found an answer to my question....

Car is a C7Z with MRC. When the car is in "Track" mode what is the status of the TCS in the 5 PERF TRAC settings?

The manual explains the status of Stabilitrak in the 5 PTM settings (i.e., PERF TRAC 1, PERF TRAC 2, PERF TRAC 3, etc) but does not tell the same for the TCS.

TIA

Rick
Old 12-30-2014, 04:58 PM
jvp
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,787 Likes on 1,139 Posts
"Ask Tadge" Producer

Originally Posted by rikhek
Car is a C7Z with MRC. When the car is in "Track" mode what is the status of the TCS in the 5 PERF TRAC settings?
Think of PTM as the "Comp Mode" from the C5s and C6s. The TCS in and of itself is completely disabled in all 5 modes. The yaw control is active in the first 3 modes, and nothing but the actual PTM itself is active in the last 2.
Old 12-30-2014, 06:29 PM
rikhek
Safety Car

Received 860 Likes on 393 Posts

Originally Posted by jvp
Think of PTM as the "Comp Mode" from the C5s and C6s. The TCS in and of itself is completely disabled in all 5 modes. The yaw control is active in the first 3 modes, and nothing but the actual PTM itself is active in the last 2.
Jason,

Thanks for the response. So as the PTM integrates three systems (i.e., TCS, StabiliTrak and MRC) the only PTM system active in the last 2 modes is the MRC?

Rick

Last edited by rikhek; 12-30-2014 at 06:33 PM.
Old 12-30-2014, 07:43 PM
z28lt1
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,969 Likes on 1,030 Posts

Originally Posted by rikhek
Jason,

Thanks for the response. So as the PTM integrates three systems (i.e., TCS, StabiliTrak and MRC) the only PTM system active in the last 2 modes is the MRC?

Rick
The car also manages the engine power/torque in all 5 modes, allowing progressively more power when getting back on the throttle in each mode.

Interestingly enough, in the Camaro and C6 manuals, GM still terms that "Torque Management" function as part of the TCS system, while in the C7 documentation, it is just referred to by engine power without specific reference to TCS. I don't believe there are actual implementation changes between them, but terminology changes...although don't take that as a confirmed fact, but an educated opinion.

Get notified of new replies

To C7 PTM and TCS Help Needed

Quick Reply: C7 PTM and TCS Help Needed