Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Race seats with stock seat belts for street use

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2015, 08:12 PM
JEPopp
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Default Race seats with stock seat belts for street use

OK forum members, looking for some insight from those who've been down this path.

I'll be starting my 4th season in HPDE this year (C6 Grand Sport) and am looking to upgrade seats - most likely Recaro Profi's, with 6pt harness.

Question: I prefer leaving the Recaro's in and not swapping for track weekends. Since the stock seat belts anchor to the seat frame, is it possible to anchor them with the Recaro in place? (using the stock belts only when on the street of course)

Thanks!
Old 01-02-2015, 09:47 PM
Bowchickawowow
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The stock belt can be bolted to the seat base (I have a Brey-Krause sliding rail). I used the buckle from my OEM seat, which includes the seat belt pretentioner. The pretensioner no longer works since it's not plugged in, but I used it for the buckle. The problem is you can't run it through the race seat lap belt opening, so it sticks up slightly above the ideal location (right up against the console). I plan to buy an old school simple "belt" type buckle so I can run it through the lap belt opening. You can see I ran the shoulder belt through my left shoulder pass-through, which allows it to sit across my chest. (Sorry for crappy cell phone pic in the garage).

Quick Reply: Race seats with stock seat belts for street use