Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Michelin Pilot Super Sport usable life question?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2015, 08:11 PM
KKreme15
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Michelin Pilot Super Sport usable life question?

How many track days/sessions do people usually get out of these tires? I'm talking HPDE beginner level stuff.
Old 01-12-2015, 09:22 PM
Bowchickawowow
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have probably done 8 dry weather days and 6 wet weather days on mine and they still have tons of tread (7/32" or so). The biggest concern is the loss of grip from heat cycling them (they have fallen off some), as well as the wear on the outside edge if you are running a street or street/track alignment. Great versatile tire though, especially if you might be running in the rain that weekend.
Old 01-12-2015, 10:07 PM
theseal
Drifting

Received 52 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Bowchickawowow
I have probably done 8 dry weather days and 6 wet weather days on mine and they still have tons of tread (7/32" or so). The biggest concern is the loss of grip from heat cycling them (they have fallen off some), as well as the wear on the outside edge if you are running a street or street/track alignment. Great versatile tire though, especially if you might be running in the rain that weekend.
Absolutely agree. I run harder than just about anyone, generally with a good 5 degree slip angle on track. I have stoptechs so I don't go easy on brakes either. And I have plenty of power so I am hard on tires.

I still have probably 7 track days.

They are getting very hard now and the outer edges are blistering from the rears not gaining any camber in bump.

But they are about as stable, consistent and long lasting as any tire I have seen.

Get notified of new replies

To Michelin Pilot Super Sport usable life question?

Quick Reply: Michelin Pilot Super Sport usable life question?