Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speedlimitracing & CSCC Autocross videos. 1/17-18/2015.

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2015, 06:11 PM
mountainbiker2
Melting Slicks

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

Default Speedlimitracing & CSCC Autocross videos. 1/17-18/2015.

Saturday I went to a small Autocross race. The track was great fun, despite its size. 3rd. overall out of 40 street tire cars.

Sunday I went for a race at Auto Club Speedway. I left any skills I have at home and was almost to embarrassed to even show the video, but I figured it will make you guys with more skills feel better. The results made me feel much better, but I know what really happened behind the wheel. 2nd. in class. 12th. overall out of 150 cars. 51.1 seconds.

Here's my take on street tires. I've only done a few events on them. All of your mistakes are amplified by two. They make a lot of noise. This is the big one. Even when you get it right you're still going slow. There's just not any excitement to them. I suppose if I was 16yrs. old and I wanted to become a race car driver I could see some value in running them, but I'm not. I'm living for the moment and I want maximum fun now.

Steve

Last edited by mountainbiker2; 01-20-2015 at 06:03 PM.
Old 01-19-2015, 06:37 PM
dhowdy
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

First video is private.

You weren't nearly as slow as you're letting on. I just looked up the results! CST PAX factor kills you on official ranking, but I'm pretty sure you're close in prep to AS which puts you well within top 5-10. (And if you want to see embarrassing that would be my video from this weekend. Flying laps with PCA... if you thought I hit a lot of cones before, try no break between laps on a slalom intensive tight course, although I was 2nd raw time behind an ariel atom and ahead of a GT3 so that was cool )

That's not a fair statement about street tires! I generally do better on them somehow because I don't pick up as much advantage as I should jumping to r-comps. Which street tires were you running?

Hopefully I'll be able to get out to another El Toro PCA event soon, those are fun. Won't be Feb since it intersects with the Evo school here. Might see you at the El Toro pro if you're doing that. And I'll be at the champ event in SD as Official Team Tire Warmer for a BS solstice

Last edited by dhowdy; 01-19-2015 at 06:41 PM.
Old 01-19-2015, 07:57 PM
mountainbiker2
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by dhowdy
First video is private.

You weren't nearly as slow as you're letting on. I just looked up the results! CST PAX factor kills you on official ranking, but I'm pretty sure you're close in prep to AS which puts you well within top 5-10. (And if you want to see embarrassing that would be my video from this weekend. Flying laps with PCA... if you thought I hit a lot of cones before, try no break between laps on a slalom intensive tight course, although I was 2nd raw time behind an ariel atom and ahead of a GT3 so that was cool )

That's not a fair statement about street tires! I generally do better on them somehow because I don't pick up as much advantage as I should jumping to r-comps. Which street tires were you running?

Hopefully I'll be able to get out to another El Toro PCA event soon, those are fun. Won't be Feb since it intersects with the Evo school here. Might see you at the El Toro pro if you're doing that. And I'll be at the champ event in SD as Official Team Tire Warmer for a BS solstice
Video fixed. Thanks. I would have PAX 6th. if I was AS legal. Sunday, the car was stock except for a pair of sway bars. Running Hankook RS3's 255/285 I'm waiting for BFG's new tire. Hopefully, something for the Corvette's.

Let's get off those cones, so you can show off your real talent.

See you soon hopefully.

Steve
Old 01-20-2015, 12:04 PM
crznZ06
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Where was the autocross on Saturday? It looked like a lot of fun.
Old 01-20-2015, 06:43 PM
mountainbiker2
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by crznZ06
Where was the autocross on Saturday? It looked like a lot of fun.
Camarillo Airport.
Old 01-20-2015, 09:11 PM
427ZM
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Great runs as usual!
Old 01-21-2015, 06:17 PM
0JDP Motorsports
Former Vendor

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Nice!

Kind regards,

Jordan Priestley
Old 01-22-2015, 11:28 AM
Dr.Ron
Le Mans Master

Location: 2007 Nat'l Corvette Challenge 11.50 index Champ. New Jersey
Received 210 Likes on 161 Posts

How do you know where to go with all those cones?? lol

Nice job.
Old 01-22-2015, 12:14 PM
Magister Ludi
Burning Brakes

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

I was at the Camarillo Autocross last weekend & saw your runs. Impressive skills. Hope to see you there again. It's a great little venue.

Get notified of new replies

To Speedlimitracing & CSCC Autocross videos. 1/17-18/2015.

Quick Reply: Speedlimitracing & CSCC Autocross videos. 1/17-18/2015.