Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heat Cycle RS3's?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2015, 11:13 PM
legomaster141
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Heat Cycle RS3's?

I just bought a set of RS3's for autox use only (to minimize the need to constantly replace tires), and I was wondering if I should heat cycle them before using them. I've read that you should heat cycle race tires, but I've also seen that people don't find it worth heat cycling street/race tires, like the RS3's. But since I'll be using them for only autox, I don't know if I should heat cycle them or not.

My first event is this weekend, and its supposed to rain, so I'm not sure if they'll even get to the top of their operating temperature.

I'm new to the whole Corvette racing thing, so any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Old 01-27-2015, 11:38 PM
dhowdy
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Nah, seems like a waste of money. Your first few runs will be very slick until the mold release gets scrubbed off though.
Old 01-28-2015, 08:27 AM
JiminVirginia
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dhowdy
Nah, seems like a waste of money. Your first few runs will be very slick until the mold release gets scrubbed off though.
Right. Plus RS3s aren't soft enough to actually heat cycle anyway. They are what they are and will stay that way until they get old or worn.

Get notified of new replies

To Heat Cycle RS3's?

Quick Reply: Heat Cycle RS3's?