Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Torque rt700 brake fluid

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2015, 04:06 PM
speedracernc
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Torque rt700 brake fluid

Anyone have experience with this fluid?

http://www.torquebrakefluid.com

Was thinking of switching to this. Seems similar to castrol srf.
Old 02-01-2015, 06:10 PM
franman69
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Great stuff. Switched on my 07 coupe last season. Had ZERO issues with fade. I have SS pistons, spindle ducts up front and run XP10 XP8 combo for track days with R888s. I had had one of two small fade issues the previous season. This stuff is expensive, but I'm sticking with it.
Old 02-01-2015, 06:56 PM
speedracernc
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by franman69
Great stuff. Switched on my 07 coupe last season. Had ZERO issues with fade. I have SS pistons, spindle ducts up front and run XP10 XP8 combo for track days with R888s. I had had one of two small fade issues the previous season. This stuff is expensive, but I'm sticking with it.
How often did u flush it?
Old 02-01-2015, 08:07 PM
franman69
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Before every track day I do a thorough bleed... Only flush (empty the slave and do a looooong bleed) once a season.
Old 02-01-2015, 08:30 PM
speedracernc
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by franman69
Before every track day I do a thorough bleed... Only flush (empty the slave and do a looooong bleed) once a season.
I was hoping
It wouldn't need to be done before every track day. Oh well.
Old 02-01-2015, 08:32 PM
franman69
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

A bleed before each track day is just good safety practice... you don't "have to" but I'd rather not find some microcbubbles and heat em up enuf to cause a problem during my approach to Turn 1... I think no matter what fluid you run, your procedure should be your procedure. It works so I'm not fixing it!
Old 02-03-2015, 10:33 AM
speedracernc
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Anyone use prospeed RS683?
Old 02-03-2015, 11:54 AM
Socko
Pro

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

I used prospeed rs683 last year. I wasn't overly impressed, i wont be buying it again. I definately had some long pedal moments on "fresh" fluid on the 2nd and 3rd day of a track weekend. It held it together enough that I was still running good times just had more travel than I ever experienced in the past. As it cost me $25 a pint I figure I may as well buy srf and just not have issues for another $20 a liter.

It came out of the calipers after the 3 day more burnt looking than superblue ever did. But I never ran 3 days without at least clearing refreshing the fluid in the calipers. Though 2 days of use on superblue looked and felt less beat then 3 days of use on rs683.

Last edited by Socko; 02-03-2015 at 11:59 AM.
Old 02-03-2015, 12:22 PM
speedracernc
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Socko
I used prospeed rs683 last year. I wasn't overly impressed, i wont be buying it again. I definately had some long pedal moments on "fresh" fluid on the 2nd and 3rd day of a track weekend. It held it together enough that I was still running good times just had more travel than I ever experienced in the past. As it cost me $25 a pint I figure I may as well buy srf and just not have issues for another $20 a liter.

It came out of the calipers after the 3 day more burnt looking than superblue ever did. But I never ran 3 days without at least clearing refreshing the fluid in the calipers. Though 2 days of use on superblue looked and felt less beat then 3 days of use on rs683.
what is your experience with SRF. I was hoping to find something that didn't require such frequent changing. Guess there is no such unicorn.
Old 02-03-2015, 01:23 PM
Socko
Pro

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by speedracernc
what is your experience with SRF. I was hoping to find something that didn't require such frequent changing. Guess there is no such unicorn.
Haha yeah, last season was my first 3 day weekend. I just used superblue (on 2 day weekends with no maintenence between days) till last season. I switched to something "more stable" just cause of my 3 day weekend as i HATE working on my car after spending 2-3 hours commuting and 2 hours on track in a day. Just too much work. I am too cheap for srf, but a friend of mine that i track with and trust has used it the last 2 seasons and has had 0 brake issues at all, and he is a little faster than me so I have a STRONG suspicion it will work fine for me. I may just run whatever superblue is now this year though as i am a cheap ***.

Super blue seemed fine for 2 day events for me in the past, honestly better than the 683 was on the second day. My concern is that now that i will have an oil cooler(waiting till its 60 outside to get put in) i will be able to sustain longer hard runs which is also going to add heat to the brakes over time i imagine. So its possible this year nothing may work. Good problem to have i guess, probably need ducts for the 16 season.
Old 02-04-2015, 06:08 AM
Rob Willis
Safety Car

Received 121 Likes on 63 Posts

Endless 650 is another great option.

Forum vendor LGM sells it.
Old 12-31-2015, 08:27 PM
Mlust
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking forward to trying torque RT700 as I just ordered some based on some of the reviews I have read. if its no good I'll get just get SRF and be done.

Get notified of new replies

To Torque rt700 brake fluid

Quick Reply: Torque rt700 brake fluid