Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PROTOFAB Corvettes

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2015, 05:33 PM
BrianCunningham
Team Owner

Received 239 Likes on 167 Posts

Default PROTOFAB Corvettes

http://rcrc.squarespace.com/protofab

Old 02-13-2015, 03:26 PM
eogel
Burning Brakes

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

These are some of my favorite cars. Thanks for posting.
Old 02-13-2015, 08:15 PM
Tech Contributor

Location: I tend to be leery of any guy who doesn't own a chainsaw or a handgun.
Received 768 Likes on 550 Posts

Those were (are) good looking cars! I saw the turbo V6 car run, and I was hoping it would finish a lot better than it did. IIRC, wasn't the V8 powered versions a bit down on horsepower compared to some of its competitors, and the turbo was an effort to match that power.
Old 02-13-2015, 09:26 PM
gbvette62
Race Director

Received 2,029 Likes on 1,315 Posts

I remember the Protofab Corvettes quite well. I saw them race many times, and even raced against them (as a crew member) a few times..

Before racing the Corvette, Protofab was the factory Chevrolet team in Trans-Am, racing Camaros. We were racing a Dave Watson built Camaro in 85, which we rebodied in 86, using a Kevlar Protofab Camaro body. In 87, we built a new Trans-Am Camaro, based on the Protofab Camaros, and using many components from Protofab. It looked so much like the Protofab cars, that a lot of people thought we had bought a Protofab roller. We use to call it our ProtoFIB Camaro.

The first two pictures below are of the Protofab Corvettes at Summit Point. The third picture is our Camaro at the 88 Meadowlands Trans-Am.

Get notified of new replies

To PROTOFAB Corvettes

Quick Reply: PROTOFAB Corvettes