Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shorai LFX36A3-BS12

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2015, 04:36 PM
redbird555
Drifting

Received 99 Likes on 90 Posts

Default Shorai LFX36A3-BS12

Hey guys just wondering if anyone is still running this battery and how they like it. I'm strongly considering one for the weight reduction, I drive my car daily so I'm not worried about it dying while sitting. I do have a small sub and amp that I remove for track days but they are in the car normally. I dont think that should be much of a problem because the alternator handles it.

I just want to make sure if I have my doors open for 20 min to clean my car is wont crap the bed like the small deka I used to have would. In all fairness though the deka was tiny in ratings compared to the shorai.
Old 02-14-2015, 11:11 AM
RX-Ben
Safety Car

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

I use one in my race car but I don't know what the draw is like with the door open. I did drain it once by leaving the key in the equivalent of the "on" position (02 sensors running) for 30 minutes or so. If you get one, get the $70 charger too, which can act as a tender (though you can recharge these with a regular charger). Mine came back to life after charging it on the special charger (I didn't want to take any chances as the voltage was a bit low). I've also charged it with a regular charger.
Old 02-15-2015, 02:12 PM
Larry Myers
Burning Brakes

Received 82 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by redbird555
Hey guys just wondering if anyone is still running this battery and how they like it. I'm strongly considering one for the weight reduction, I drive my car daily so I'm not worried about it dying while sitting. I do have a small sub and amp that I remove for track days but they are in the car normally. I dont think that should be much of a problem because the alternator handles it.

I just want to make sure if I have my doors open for 20 min to clean my car is wont crap the bed like the small deka I used to have would. In all fairness though the deka was tiny in ratings compared to the shorai.
a

Suggest you talk to Jim Hall at Halltech. He's very knowledgeable regarding these exotic batteries.

Get notified of new replies

To Shorai LFX36A3-BS12

Quick Reply: Shorai LFX36A3-BS12