Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C7 Stingray w/ Race Seats and Code Issues

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2015, 04:31 PM
Rob Willis
Safety Car

Received 121 Likes on 63 Posts

Default C7 Stingray w/ Race Seats and Code Issues

I used Kirkey race seats in my 2007 and 2011 without issue. No codes or errors.

Plan to run some HPDEs this summer with my 2015 C7.

The following quote was from Jason@Katech:

You will get codes. 2013+ uses seat position sensors to change airbag deployment based on seat position. We've been working through this on a 2013 ZR1 in our shop getting Sparcos. You need to get seat position sensor simulators from Vette Works. You need to transfer the glycerin bag (I'm assuming it has one like the C6) from the old passenger seat to the new or you will get passenger presence system codes. You'll need resistors in the side airbag connectors and the seatbelt pre-tensioners or you will get codes. The C6 is tricked with 4.3 ohm resistors so I would start with that. You will also need to jumper the buckle sensor to trick it into thinking the seatbelt is engaged or you will get a seatbelt light. We're down to one code on the 2013 ZR1 we're working on so we're almost there.
Any ideas or input?! Thanks.
Old 02-16-2015, 04:19 PM
quick04Z06
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 600 Likes on 310 Posts

I have no helpful suggestions, but what a whack. Our govt at work....
Old 02-19-2015, 06:49 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,928 Likes on 5,333 Posts

Just because the air bag light is on doesn't mean all of the air bags will not work. Without the seat position sensors the front air bags will deploy at full force since the assumption will be the seat is furthest from the bag. Side air bag codes will not affect deployment of front air bags. Passenger presence module is probably required for the passenger side air bag to work. If not installed the air bag more than likely will not deploy since they don't want to take the risk of taking a child's head off. Lack of pre-tensioners may prevent the bag from firing but I doubt it. Better to fire the front air bag even if the pretensioner has failed.

Bill

Get notified of new replies

To C7 Stingray w/ Race Seats and Code Issues

Quick Reply: C7 Stingray w/ Race Seats and Code Issues