Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First Time Visitor to the Sub Forum

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2015, 07:05 AM
dcamick
Tether Man
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,014 Likes on 1,039 Posts
2023 C2 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2022 C2 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2019 C1 of Year Finalist (appearance mods)

Default First Time Visitor to the Sub Forum

I've been working on my C6 Z06 since December in anticipation of spring track events here in Western Pa.

From my brief visit this am....looks like I will be able to gain and to some small degree, contribute to the discussion.

Greetings!

dcamick
Old 02-24-2015, 08:27 AM
argonaut
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts

Welcome - always nice to see more Vette guys willing to track their cars in the area. Are you new to track events in general or just new to the Z06 at track events? Its a bit of a drive from Pittsburgh but you should try to get to Summit Point a couple times - lots of Corvette locals go there.
Old 02-24-2015, 01:25 PM
z06801
Melting Slicks

Received 296 Likes on 201 Posts

Welcome to the right place! My knowledge is small compared the the great wealth of it most of the people have in this section. Has been a great place to learn.
Old 02-24-2015, 01:43 PM
dcamick
Tether Man
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,014 Likes on 1,039 Posts
2023 C2 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2022 C2 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2019 C1 of Year Finalist (appearance mods)

Originally Posted by argonaut
Welcome - always nice to see more Vette guys willing to track their cars in the area. Are you new to track events in general or just new to the Z06 at track events? Its a bit of a drive from Pittsburgh but you should try to get to Summit Point a couple times - lots of Corvette locals go there.
Actually, I have had Corvettes most of my life...and just 3 years ago I started working for a SCCA Solo Track day Approval at Pittsburgh International Raceway (Beaver Run). Working on Modifications to my 06 Z06. to run in SCCA events in Pittsburgh.

With that in mind I have had heads/cam, Exhaust, Brakes, Shocks and a (6 point) roll Cage that I will install in two weeks.

So yes, Autocross Events back in the late 60's with Bob McClure and a few off and on track days since that time.

Looks like a great forum to visit.

I will look up Summit Point!!!

Thanks,

dcamick
www.amickassociates.com

Get notified of new replies

To First Time Visitor to the Sub Forum

Quick Reply: First Time Visitor to the Sub Forum