Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SVRA @ Sebring

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2015, 04:49 PM
rfn026
Safety Car

Received 272 Likes on 214 Posts

Default SVRA @ Sebring

Just a couple of the Corvettes from yesterday. They had a pretty solid Corvette turnout.

Richard Newton
Old 02-28-2015, 08:49 PM
63Corvette
Le Mans Master

Received 283 Likes on 199 Posts

Originally Posted by rfn026
Just a couple of the Corvettes from yesterday. They had a pretty solid Corvette turnout.

Richard Newton
Hi Richard,
I'm not there this year, BUT...Sebring is definitely a Corvette track
Old 03-01-2015, 07:30 AM
rfn026
Safety Car

Received 272 Likes on 214 Posts

I have a love/hate relationship with the place. The track is fast and safe. The facilities are primitive at best. And we won't even discuss the track surface. It's best called character.

Richard Newton
Old 03-01-2015, 09:04 AM
BWF07
Le Mans Master

Received 819 Likes on 388 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11
Oldtimer

I have a love/hate relationship with the place. The track is fast and safe. The facilities are primitive at best. And we won't even discuss the track surface. It's best called character.

Richard Newton
What you just described is what Sebring is all about. I know when Grand Am and ALMS merged, there was talk about a complete resurfacing of the track. The vast majority of the teams said no as it is what makes Sebring Sebring. It is the history of the track. There are plenty of the nice smooth flowing track around the country, but there is only one Sebring.
Old 03-01-2015, 11:41 AM
bjm
Pro

Received 41 Likes on 29 Posts

Looks Like Bob in his 57 had a tough weekend! Too bad. Also is the Moyer's? car fuel injected?
Old 03-01-2015, 03:22 PM
63Corvette
Le Mans Master

Received 283 Likes on 199 Posts

Richard Newton
I'm not entirely sure that I agree with you on SAFE? I have seen more (vintage) cars wadded up here than at any other vintage venue I have competed at
I must admit tho, that running a night enduro with both slower cars, mid fast cars, and "current" (R8, RS Spyder) LeMans winning cars offering great speed differential will certainly get your attention in a way I have never experienced at another track!!!
Old 07-14-2019, 09:24 PM
gilbybarr
Le Mans Master

Received 1,888 Likes on 795 Posts

They are being hidden away! Seriously, if you figure half of them are gone to Corvette heaven (or hell), then of those left, perhaps one-third are not running or in driving condition and just sit in the dark. That leaves you with about 35% that are on the road and drivable. That means maybe around 40,000 are out and about. Some of them are trailer queens that don't hit the road other than in a trailer. What is more surprising at shows is how few C4s are coming. Our club had our annual show in May and out of about 120 Corvettes registered, there were only a small handful of C4s. And think how many of them they made between '84 and '96.

Old 07-15-2019, 12:09 PM
1stls7
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts

I as well have a love-hate relationship with that track. Not the tracks fault though. First time I ran there my calipers were leaking because I had the wrong o rings on my calipers! Ain't nothing like having no brakes going full-throttle into turn one! Next time I went there I end up blowing my motor going into turn 17 at 145 an hour!

Get notified of new replies

To SVRA @ Sebring

Quick Reply: SVRA @ Sebring