Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C6Z Fluid Recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2015, 01:58 PM
SharkBit
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default C6Z Fluid Recommendations

Hello everyone, track season is starting back up and its time to flush my diff and trans. What fluid is best to run? I used Amsoil in C5Z and it made the transmission shift like butter. Is GM fluid acceptable or should I go to Amsoil in the C6? The car has 16k miles.

Thanks!
Old 03-01-2015, 05:52 PM
C66 Racing
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 35 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by SharkBit
Hello everyone, track season is starting back up and its time to flush my diff and trans. What fluid is best to run? I used Amsoil in C5Z and it made the transmission shift like butter. Is GM fluid acceptable or should I go to Amsoil in the C6? The car has 16k miles.

Thanks!
I personally would go with AMSOIL again for both tranny and diff, but clearly I am biased. I think the stock fluids shear down in viscosity under demanding use like the track.

AMSOIL Torque-Drive Synthetic Automatic Transmission Fluid (Product Code ATD1G)
AMSOIL Severe Gear Extreme Pressure Synthetic 75w90 (Product Code SVGQT)
AMSOIL Slip-Lock Differential Additive (Product Code ADATB)

If you do opt for the above (which are the same fluids I use in my C5 Z06 at the track), more than happy to get AMSOIL products for forum members at dealer wholesale pricing, about 25% below retail, via the AMSOIL Preferred Customer Program. Drop me a PM if interested.

C66 Racing #66 NASA ST2, SCCA T2
AMSOIL Dealer (Forum Vendor)
AMSOIL Ordering Information (Retail sales using reference #1206638 benefit the forum.)
AMSOIL Preferred Customer Program (Members buy at Wholesale - a savings of about 25%)
AMSOIL Catalog

Quick Reply: C6Z Fluid Recommendations