Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Widest A7 Front/Rear C6 Z06, OEM Wheels, Stock Alignment

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2015, 06:51 PM
Bullseye96
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Widest A7 Front/Rear C6 Z06, OEM Wheels, Stock Alignment

I'm inquiring for a friend of mine that will be taking his 2007 Ron Fellows to Auto-X while he's waiting for his C5 Z06 "track only" setup car to get out of the shop.

So to answer a couple questions, he will not make this car a dedicated auto-x car so he doesn't want to do the aggressive alignment and corner balancing etc. The slicks will be mounted to a set of OEM C6Z wheels. The car will also remain at stock ride height.

Trying to figure out what the perfect size A7 setup would be for this application. Thanks in advance.
Old 03-13-2015, 09:21 PM
Bullseye96
Intermediate

Originally Posted by B Stead
Hoosier A7

Front, 275/35-18, 25.5" diameter
Front, 295/30-18, 25.3" diameter

Rear, 325/30-19, 26.8" diameter, 13.6" section width
Rear, 345/30-19, 26.8" diameter, 14.1" section width

The C6 Z06 has the front wheel width for the 295/30-18 so might as well use that.

The 325/30-19 rear tire would probably work better on the 12" wide rear wheel than the 345 but the 345 would only be 1/4" wider on each side.

It's C6 Z06 wheels on a C5 Z06 ? Well, the wheels will stick out but I just matched tire sizes to wheel widths

Man thanks so much for the wealth of info. No the car I'm inquiring about is a C6 Z06 but I had mentioned that he does have a C5 Z06 as well. The C6 will never be a dedicated track car, but his C5 is.
Old 03-16-2015, 03:33 PM
strano@stranoparts.com
Supporting Vendor

Received 231 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by Bullseye96
Man thanks so much for the wealth of info. No the car I'm inquiring about is a C6 Z06 but I had mentioned that he does have a C5 Z06 as well. The C6 will never be a dedicated track car, but his C5 is.
I don't know I'd spend the money on the tires if he won't spend $100 to align it, at least somewhat better. Stock isn't good, and will wear the tires badly particularly in front. If he's not going to align it then I'd say get a hotter street tire. MHO

Or at least consider R7's instead.

Front 295's, rear 325's that's what he'd want.
814-849-3450

More options than any other single company out there. More parts than any other single company I know: Brakes to Safety, Wheels to Exhaust. Suspension to Air Filters: Girodisc, Hawk, Raybestos, Essex Racing/AP, Ferodo, Wilwood, Penske, Koni, Borg Motorsport, Ridetech, Viking, After Dark Speed, Hotchkis, Bilstein, KW, Forgestar, BC Forged, Forgeline, MRR Wheels and on, and on, and on it goes.

Old 03-16-2015, 06:29 PM
Bullseye96
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
I don't know I'd spend the money on the tires if he won't spend $100 to align it, at least somewhat better. Stock isn't good, and will wear the tires badly particularly in front. If he's not going to align it then I'd say get a hotter street tire. MHO

Or at least consider R7's instead.

Front 295's, rear 325's that's what he'd want.

Well he has a C5 with an aggressive alignment for auto-x plus supporting mods that is a track only car that he competes with but it's currently out of commission getting a fresh engine build.

The C6 is a is a stock car that he wants to take to a few events just to get some seat time while the other car is down. He really doesn't want to make the C6 so that it's not street-able. He won't run street tires because they don't grip for as hard as he throws the car around the track. It's not an issue of money really because he doesn't care if he ruins a set of slicks just to get a good time.

However with that being said, if you think that the car would stick better with R7 vs A7 then I'll let him know but it's my understanding (and I'm only minimally educated on auto-x) that the R7s are road course tires so they're not as grippy on a short track.

IMO I wouldn't even take the C6 to an event because it's low mileage Ron Fellows edition but I can't talk him out of it....

Get notified of new replies

To Widest A7 Front/Rear C6 Z06, OEM Wheels, Stock Alignment

Quick Reply: Widest A7 Front/Rear C6 Z06, OEM Wheels, Stock Alignment