Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

magntic shock alterative

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2015, 04:18 PM
Al Panaccio
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default magntic shock alterative

Just bought a 2011 GS. Looking to replace MRC shocks but they are too pricy. Is there anything else out there that can be adjusted for track use and touring? Also I have seen Ecklers has a bypass for wiring to the shocks otherwise the car will be limited to 80 mph. I have also read on the forum that the MRC can be deleted from the computer. Is this permanent or can it be restored at a later date?
Old 03-16-2015, 05:40 PM
froggy47
Race Director

Received 194 Likes on 164 Posts

Are they broken? I thought they were supposed to be really great shocks?

Old 03-17-2015, 10:29 AM
Al Panaccio
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fluid leaked out of one of them.The car has 70k on it so the rest are sure to follow.:
Old 03-17-2015, 12:32 PM
lefrog
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Al Panaccio
Just bought a 2011 GS. Looking to replace MRC shocks but they are too pricy. Is there anything else out there that can be adjusted for track use and touring? Also I have seen Ecklers has a bypass for wiring to the shocks otherwise the car will be limited to 80 mph. I have also read on the forum that the MRC can be deleted from the computer. Is this permanent or can it be restored at a later date?
You can mail your PCM to ECS, they can disable that for you. You can email it back to them to re-enable it if you re-install them one day.
LG GT2 coilovers would be a nice upgrade but they are not cheap either.
Stock C6Z06 shocks might be an option, otherwise DRM Bilstein are pretty popular.
Old 03-22-2015, 06:30 PM
savage
Burning Brakes

Received 262 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by froggy47
Are they broken? I thought they were supposed to be really great shocks?

really great shocks? the jury is still out. even on the c7 z51's many of us go back and forth what is better for track/autocross? yes mag-ride is great that you can soften up the ride to and from the track, most wifes would be mad at the z51 non-mag ride i have for a $70,000 car. I THINK the reason all c7 zo6 cars have it is for that reason( picture the ride of a zo6 with those springs without mag ride) i went back and forth when ordering my 2015 z51 non-mag car, ( yes i know c7 the system is the best ever) but i have been hearing this sence the 1991 zr1. and in the 25 years on and off i have been doing i never seen a mag-ride car being the one to beat( unless they unpluged and went with mechanical shocks) truth be told i wish the c7 mag-ride was the shock to beat, how nice would it be to buy a out of the box (factory) autocross car? we shall see,

Get notified of new replies

To magntic shock alterative

Quick Reply: magntic shock alterative