Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sebring next year- who agrees

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2015, 04:39 PM
08velocity
Drifting

Received 121 Likes on 88 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Default Sebring next year- who agrees

Ok so while watching the race from the corvette corral Sat, my wife and I decided that we think Audi needs to give up the turn one spot and move the Corvette sign from turn 17, to turn 1, and also give us the building that's their also . I mean there was one Audi, and what 7 corvette's !!!! and might I add, Corvette's kicked butt !!! so who agrees ?
Old 03-24-2015, 10:42 AM
GeorgeZNJ
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09

don't forget the rental mustang parking at the vette corral. (not me, two friends/CF members from Jersey)
Old 03-25-2015, 08:57 AM
08velocity
Drifting

St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by GeorgeZNJ
don't forget the rental mustang parking at the vette corral. (not me, two friends/CF members from Jersey)
that's fine, our other Daily driver is a 2005 mustang gt
Old 03-27-2015, 11:11 PM
sdurg24
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 141 Likes on 82 Posts

I have always enjoyed Turn 17 at Sebring. Having said that I also enjoy Turn 1 at Watkins Glen. It might be interesting to see all the action there coming out of Pit Row. Tell me, what's this a bout a building at Turn 1. Who cares about Audi? They don't even have a car there. Still, there is a lot of tradition for Corvette at 17. Nice grassy area for the parking lot too. I do wonder why they didn't put the grandstands together as the right one just didn't have as good a view as the left grandstand. And hey, why not a Jumbo Tron for viewing? The one at VIR opposite the Corvette Corral is awesome.

All that having been said, nothing really mattered once those Porsches crapped out and the Ferrari had to pit late for fuel. What a masterful race by Doug Fehan and the entire team.
Old 04-03-2015, 06:17 PM
w0o
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Would be great change

Great turnout, was so warm and dusty. I was on track with my track car the next weekend and there was a 30 deg temp diff.

I'd also prefer the Corvette parade laps to move to Friday vs. Wed(?)

My AO Z06:
Attached Images  
Old 04-03-2015, 06:26 PM
BEZ06
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 835 Likes on 595 Posts

I like your idea, Scott!! That might get me and Linda down there to watch the race with you and Sherrie!!

Are you off next Thurs or Fri (Apr 9 or 10)? If so, will you be coming over to the Speedway to ride around the Rolex 24 course with me for a few laps?

Hope to c'ya at the track!

Anybody else in the Daytona area and can stop by the track on one of those days should come on out and watch the action. There's an HPDE that I'll be instructing in, and a Ferrari Challenge race going on between the HPDE sessions.

Lots of exotics, and fun to just wander around the NASCAR garages and look at the cars and talk with drivers.

Free to enter through Gate 40 off Williamson 1/4 mile south of Int'l Speedway Blvd. Doesn't cost anything to come on in (tell 'em you're Corvette Bob's pit crew). $20 to get a wristband if you want to get a ride.
Old 04-07-2015, 09:43 AM
08velocity
Drifting

St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by w0o
Would be great change

Great turnout, was so warm and dusty. I was on track with my track car the next weekend and there was a 30 deg temp diff.

I'd also prefer the Corvette parade laps to move to Friday vs. Wed(?)

My AO Z06:
Yes it was ridiculous hot fri/Sat for the race, and of course as you said, the very next weekend was amazing !!! and 100% agree, Corvette's parade laps on Friday !!!

Get notified of new replies

To Sebring next year- who agrees

Quick Reply: Sebring next year- who agrees