Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

For reference: Solid upper mounts and shocks

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2015, 07:22 PM
el es tu
Safety Car

Received 45 Likes on 40 Posts

Default For reference: Solid upper mounts and shocks

Just for future reference for folks considering using the hardbar/ banski motorsport delrin upper shock mounts:

The oem rear shock shafts widen enough to limit movement of the shock with these mounts. The mounts will fit, but they will not rotate more than a few degrees (at least when test mounting on 2007 FE1 C6 shocks that I had laying around).

I recently purchased some Bilstein sports and these shocks have a consistent shaft diameter which allows significantly more movement on the delrin mounts.

If anyone is interested in solid mounts for C5/C6 corvette, Banski is the only company that Ive found still selling them. Pfadt/afe might still sell their old design, and from what Ive researched, they are supposed to work with OEM Sachs shocks, but I cannot confirm this.

I hope this information helps a few folks out!

Last edited by el es tu; 03-23-2015 at 07:24 PM.
Old 03-23-2015, 07:36 PM
froggy47
Race Director

Received 194 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by el es tu
Just for future reference for folks considering using the hardbar/ banski motorsport delrin upper shock mounts:

The oem rear shock shafts widen enough to limit movement of the shock with these mounts. The mounts will fit, but they will not rotate more than a few degrees (at least when test mounting on 2007 FE1 C6 shocks that I had laying around).

I recently purchased some Bilstein sports and these shocks have a consistent shaft diameter which allows significantly more movement on the delrin mounts.

If anyone is interested in solid mounts for C5/C6 corvette, Banski is the only company that Ive found still selling them. Pfadt/afe might still sell their old design, and from what Ive researched, they are supposed to work with OEM Sachs shocks, but I cannot confirm this.

I hope this information helps a few folks out!

Old 03-24-2015, 08:15 PM
mikeCsix
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 178 Likes on 160 Posts

I'm running the same setup on my gs, anyone notice any issues? So far they seem to be okay but haven't logged any track days yet.
One thing to keep in mind, even though the mounts on top are hard delrin, there is a rubber washer that comes with the kit and the lower shock mounts still have rubber bushings so sound insulation hasn't been compromised.
Old 03-25-2015, 07:50 PM
briannutter1
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

For anyone that has felt the bind that occurs over travel (especially if you overtorque the upper mounts) and hoped to alleviate some of the shock-shaft wear, I went with the Anze Spherical uppers. First rate design.

Get notified of new replies

To For reference: Solid upper mounts and shocks

Quick Reply: For reference: Solid upper mounts and shocks