Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Formula One - Malaysia - TV Schedule (U.S.)

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2015, 06:02 PM
Zoxxo
Safety Car

Received 266 Likes on 98 Posts

Default Formula One - Malaysia - TV Schedule (U.S.)

======================================
Formula One - MALAYSIA Schedule on NBC Sports Network
======================================

1. THE TIMES AND DAYS FOR THIS RACE ARE DIFFERENT, SO PAY ATTENTION!

2. THERE ARE 4 SHOWINGS OF THE RACE THIS WEEKEND

3. THERE ARE 2 SHOWINGS OF PRACTICE AND 3 SHOWINGS OF QUALIFYING.

4. ALL OF THE BROADCASTS ARE ON NBC SPORTSNET

5. The PRE-RACE show is scheduled separately.
xxxIf you want to see it you'll need to record it separately!!

The post-race show "F1 Extra" is shown immediately after the race show
whatever time that may be. NBC schedules "F1 Extra" to start 2 hours after
the start of the race but, in reality, it's always shown immediately after the race
irregardless of the clock. The simplest way to make sure you record "F1 Extra" is
simply to add enough extra time to the race broadcast recording to get (a) any
extra time that was needed to record the entire race including any delays, and
(b) "F1 Extra". My standard is to add at least three hours (!) just to make
sure I cover most eventualities.

I pull this info from from my Tivo's schedule. I have no guarantee that
it is correct but it usually is. I also double check it with the NBC Sports
NET schedule.

--------------------------------------------------------------
ALL TIMES PACIFIC DST TIME !!!!! (Eastern times in parens)
--------------------------------------------------------------

Thursday March 26, 2015
-------------------------
  • 11:00 PM - Practice 2 [LIVE] (2:00 AM FRI. MORNING Eastern)

Friday March 27, 2015
----------------------
  • 10:30 PM - Practice 3 [LIVE] (1:30 AM SAT. MORNING Eastern)
or, depending upon who you ask...
  • 11:00 PM - Practice 3 [LIVE] (2:00 AM SAT. MORNING Eastern)
I'd start this recording at 10:30 and just add an extra hour or two just to be sure.

Saturday March 28, 2014
-------------------------
  • 2:00 AM - Qualifying [LIVE] (5:00 AM Eastern)
  • 2:00 PM - Qualifying [RESHOWING] (5:00 PM Eastern)
  • 10:00 PM - Qualifying [RESHOWING] (1:00 AM Sun. Eastern)
  • 11:30 PM - RACE [LIVE] (2:30 AM Sun. Eastern)

Sunday March 29, 2014
-----------------------
  • 12:30 PM - RACE [RESHOWING] (3:30 PM Eastern)
  • 9:30 PM - RACE [RESHOWING] (12:30 AM Mon. Eastern)

Monday March 30, 2014
------------------------
  • 9:00 PM - RACE [RESHOWING] (12:00 AM Tues. Eastern)

//////////

Last edited by Zoxxo; 03-25-2015 at 09:48 PM.
Old 03-25-2015, 12:07 PM
BrianCunningham
Team Owner

Received 239 Likes on 167 Posts

Thanks again
Old 03-25-2015, 12:15 PM
Zoxxo
Safety Car

Z//
Old 03-25-2015, 03:44 PM
VetteDrmr
Le Mans Master

Received 1,394 Likes on 747 Posts

Z, thanks again for doing this for us. BTW, I was just reading about Renault's rebuttal to Newey's rant (essentially said "you want to find the problem,look in the mirror, stupid, we're both there"), and I had an interesting thought (although I'm sure I'm not alone in this):

1. Three years ago Hamilton left McLaren for Mercedes. At the time popular thought was "you are out of your mind!" Last year we thought, "wow, either he's a genius or knew a lot more than anyone else did outside of the organization" (IMO a bit of both)

2. Last year Vettel leaves RB for Ferrari. At the time popular thought was "you are out of your mind!" What are we thinking now??? I'm thinking he saw the handwriting on the wall(s).

So, when the next driver leaves a top-tier team, what should we think?

Have a good one,
Mike
Old 03-25-2015, 07:13 PM
Zoxxo
Safety Car

Originally Posted by VetteDrmr
Z, thanks again for doing this for us. BTW, I was just reading about Renault's rebuttal to Newey's rant (essentially said "you want to find the problem,look in the mirror, stupid, we're both there"), and I had an interesting thought (although I'm sure I'm not alone in this):

1. Three years ago Hamilton left McLaren for Mercedes. At the time popular thought was "you are out of your mind!" Last year we thought, "wow, either he's a genius or knew a lot more than anyone else did outside of the organization" (IMO a bit of both)

2. Last year Vettel leaves RB for Ferrari. At the time popular thought was "you are out of your mind!" What are we thinking now??? I'm thinking he saw the handwriting on the wall(s).

I'm not sure.

No doubt Vettel was in on many 2014 conversations behind the scenes at Red Bull wherein the reality of the current (2014) and future (2015-?) situation was very clear to all involved. This year both Horner and Marko aren't mincing words and are crying out loud that "it will be years before anyone catches Mercedes..." () Surely you can repeat that story with Alonso at Ferrari.

Only when a TOP driver decides to change/leave is it serious news. No other drivers want to leave as they have worked all their (young, short) lives to get TO the series. It's hard to imagine, say, Bottas announcing he's leaving to pursue other interests and to spend more time with family, ya know? So then the question is, as you suggest, "Why?" Since (in theory) said driver is already making good money, why change? My own thinking is that, in most cases, it's done for a a better chance at winning races and championships. That's what these guys are primed for since childhood. It's what they do. Once you take the money out of the equation what other reason can there be?

Based upon your thinking we should all be putting down wagers for McLaren to win the constructors 2-3 years from now, right? Hmmmm.

Z//
Old 03-25-2015, 07:28 PM
VetteDrmr
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Zoxxo
Based upon your thinking we should all be putting down wagers for McLaren to win the constructors 2-3 years from now, right? Hmmmm.
Force India's got my vote

But, honestly, I have zero idea who'll be on top next. I'm figuring Merc's going to be in the top-tier for at least a couple more years, but, if you pushed me, I'd probably lean towards Ferrari. They've shaken things up, probably a positive move, and surely they know F1 politics better than anybody else.

Have a good one,
Mike
Old 03-25-2015, 09:15 PM
Zoxxo
Safety Car

I'd probably lean towards Ferrari. They've shaken things up, probably a positive move, and surely they know F1 politics better than anybody else.
I tend to agree since they are the only other company (besides Merc) that does it "all" in-house. However, there is a cloud on the Ferrari race team's horizon that has the potential of bringing a cold splash of reality to them.

http://www.fcagroup.com/en-US/media_...ari_S_p_A_.pdf

Up until now, the race team was insulated from the profit/loss statements of the road car business. But with the above taking place, *all* of the expenditures of "Ferrari Inc." will be on the table before both the board and the shareholders. I have no doubt that Mercedes is doing the job that they are on fewer Euros and less personnel than Ferrari currently does it. That may change (and maybe a lot.)

Z//
Old 03-25-2015, 09:43 PM
Zoxxo
Safety Car

Default Changes to the schedule

Note that the practice session on Friday night (2 am Sat morning Eastern) is actually live coverage of practice session #3 !!

My TIVO only says "practice" so until NBCSN puts out their schedule I have no way of knowing. Besides, until this season NO ONE has EVER shown FP3 so my brain is still having trouble with the idea.

Also, my Tivo has P3 at 10:30 PM Pacific while NBCSN says it's at 11:00 PM. Racer magazine's schedule says 11PM/2AM. Bernie *never* schedules sessions on the half hour so either NBCSN is wrong or they are going to give is 1/2 hour of Hobbs and crew yammering about stuff

I have updated the schedule in Msg #1.

Adjust accordingly

Z//

Last edited by Zoxxo; 03-25-2015 at 09:49 PM.
Old 03-25-2015, 10:17 PM
raff
Burning Brakes

Received 126 Likes on 98 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17-‘18-'19-'20-'21-'22

Thanks for the info
Old 03-25-2015, 10:37 PM
miracle_whip4130
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Have a good one,
Mike
Haha I thought the same thing! Guess the unexpected payoff for Hamilton and Vettel shows what we know/knew!
Old 03-27-2015, 12:29 PM
BrianCunningham
Team Owner

Nice when you engine manufacturer tell you NOT to expect wins

http://www.autoblog.com/2015/03/26/r...gine-red-bull/
Old 03-27-2015, 01:38 PM
Zoxxo
Safety Car

Originally Posted by BrianCunningham
Nice when you engine manufacturer tell you NOT to expect wins

http://www.autoblog.com/2015/03/26/r...gine-red-bull/
Well, this was hardly news, was it?

By making a public statement (even about the obvious) they took away ammunition from Red Bull's blathering fools. Now Red Bull can't cry about how poorly the engines performed all season with a simple, "we told *everyone* back at race #2 not to expect any victories!"

What's really funny about it is that the only teams using the Renault motor now are JUST Red Bull and Toro Rosso. So basically, Renault has said "YOU GUYS can quit thinking about race wins this season, ya jerks!"

Z//
Old 03-29-2015, 09:54 AM
varkwso
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks! Watched qualifying and race.
Old 03-29-2015, 01:21 PM
BrianCunningham
Team Owner

5 laps to go and the DVR stopped recording;

argh!!!!
Old 03-29-2015, 01:45 PM
Zoxxo
Safety Car

Originally Posted by BrianCunningham
5 laps to go and the DVR stopped recording;

argh!!!!
Bummer. I've had that happen, too. That's why I always say to (and do) add a ton of time to the recordings to make sure that doesn't happen (especially the races themselves.)

a. They are reshowing the race
b. You really didn't miss anything of major consequence in the last 5 laps.

Z//
Old 03-29-2015, 11:23 PM
VetteDrmr
Le Mans Master

I'm figuring Merc's going to be in the top-tier for at least a couple more years, but, if you pushed me, I'd probably lean towards Ferrari. They've shaken things up, probably a positive move, and surely they know F1 politics better than anybody else.

Have a good one,
Mike
Ok, so that was quicker than I figured! I'm not sure what Merc's strategy was for Hamilton, but he didn't think much of it, and Vettel made the most of it. And, I've got to give him props as well. Many times I heard his talent/ability questioned when he was dominating at RB, but that was an excellent drive today.
Old 03-30-2015, 03:05 AM
Zoxxo
Safety Car

Ok, so that was quicker than I figured! I'm not sure what Merc's strategy was for Hamilton, but he didn't think much of it, and Vettel made the most of it.
Here's a terrific analysis of the reason Ferrari did well by the guy who ought to know:
http://en.espnf1.com/malaysia/motors...ry/196193.html

And here's what Hamilton had to say about the strategy issue afterwards:
http://en.espnf1.com/malaysia/motors...ry/196149.html

And, I've got to give him props as well. Many times I heard his talent/ability questioned when he was dominating at RB, but that was an excellent drive today.
It was, indeed, an excellent drive. But remember that in F1 it's still about 80% the car (and 20% the driver) that does the job and a fair percentage of the grid could take the current "good" car to the podium. Could Nasr have won on Sunday in that Ferrari? Could be. What Vettel (and the other guys who've been there a while) have that the new guys don't is an education in F1 racecraft which can make the diff between Nasr's taking that Ferrari to the podium and Vettel (or Alonso or Button or Massa or...) on the top step.

Over the past few years it has been pointed out (rightly) that Vettel wouldn't be a real F1 champion until he's won for more than one team. Well, THAT one is gone from the arguments.

The results also ought to put socks into the whining Red Bull mouths, too (but it most likely won't.)

Z//

Get notified of new replies

To Formula One - Malaysia - TV Schedule (U.S.)

Old 03-30-2015, 08:29 AM
miracle_whip4130
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This race was definitely better than the typical Mercedes parade laps. It reminded me a lot of the 2013 Spanish GP, when Ferrari caught RBR off guard with their pit strategy and won. It's too bad Raikkonen had so many issues this weekend and couldn't get to the podium, but all things considered, 4th is a pretty awesome result as well. I'm hoping that Ferrari can continue to put in some good results.

I agree that this should shut-up RBR's cries that no one can touch Mercedes and that the FIA should do something to close the gap. I love it! I'm sure they'll still find something to wine about, though.
Old 03-30-2015, 10:13 AM
Zoxxo
Safety Car

Originally Posted by miracle_whip4130
This race was definitely better than the typical Mercedes parade laps. It reminded me a lot of the 2013 Spanish GP, when Ferrari caught RBR off guard with their pit strategy and won.
Yeah, that was good stuff!

As has been pointed out numerous times, Formula One history is the history of team domination. There is absolutely nothing unusual in this. It's part of F1. What's NOT the usual is a non-racing-heritage company who's in it for PR value and now wants to alter the very fabric of the sport to suit those commercial interests (and ONLY those interests.)

I am not a Ferrari fan nor am I a Vettel fan. But I enjoyed yesterday's race. As Toto Wolff said, "It was good for Formula One."

(And it really put a hurt to Red Bull's BS arguments )

Z//
Old 03-30-2015, 05:30 PM
VetteDrmr
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Zoxxo
The results also ought to put socks into the whining Red Bull mouths, too (but it most likely won't.)

Z//
There you go making me spit Diet Coke up my nose!

Have a good one,
Mike

Quick Reply: Formula One - Malaysia - TV Schedule (U.S.)