Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What wing setting for NCM? APR GTC300 on C5z

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2015, 10:26 PM
yow
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default What wing setting for NCM? APR GTC300 on C5z

I bought this car with the wing on it, already. What hole should the front be set at? I have it all the way up, per my buddy Jerry Onks. But it looks like it'll create more lift than df. I'll be at NCM several times this summer, if it matters.

Old 04-04-2015, 10:36 PM
Painrace
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 63 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by yow
I bought this car with the wing on it, already. What hole should the front be set at? I have it all the way up, per my buddy Jerry Onks. But it looks like it'll create more lift than df. I'll be at NCM several times this summer, if it matters.

I would start with Jerry's recommendation. We can always adjust at the track to give you more bite or speed.

Jim
Old 04-04-2015, 11:32 PM
Hi Volts Z06
Burning Brakes

Received 53 Likes on 47 Posts

If you place a level parallel with the end plates you will be able to set at zero. Due to the design of this wing, I believe that still delivers a twelve degree angle of attack ( observe the outer portions of the wing or place a protractor on them.

I have also used a piece of square aluminum stock and set it down the middle of the wing, then used an angle finger to determine where the initial plane is.
Old 04-05-2015, 02:46 PM
meldog21
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I also have a GTC-300 on my Z06. Read this and all your questions will be answered;

http://aprperformance.com/racing-pro...ustable-wings/

Generally, somewhere between level and ten degrees is where you should be, although it all depends on your car set up

You should be measuring on a flat placed in the middle of the wing (last sentence of definitions on GTC-300 page).

Dog
Old 04-05-2015, 04:53 PM
yow
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hugely beneficial. Thanks!!!

Get notified of new replies

To What wing setting for NCM? APR GTC300 on C5z

Quick Reply: What wing setting for NCM? APR GTC300 on C5z