Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Formula One - China - TV Schedule (U.S.)

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2015, 11:33 AM
Zoxxo
Safety Car

Received 266 Likes on 98 Posts

Default Formula One - China - TV Schedule (U.S.)

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
Formula One - CHINA - Schedule on NBC Sports Network & CNBC
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

AS OF APRIL 8 ONLY ONE EACH OF PRACTICE, QUALIFYING,
AND THE RACE ARE SCHEDULED!!! SO IF YOU MISS IT
YOU HAVE MISSED IT!!!

1. THE TIMES AND DAYS FOR THIS RACE ARE DIFFERENT, SO PAY ATTENTION!

2. THERE IS ONE SHOWING OF THE RACE!!!!

3. THERE IS ONE SHOWING OF QUALIFYING AND ONE SHOWING OF PRACTICE.

4. ALL OF THE BROADCASTS ARE ON NBC SPORTSNET!!!

5. The PRE-RACE show is integrated into the schedule.

The post-race show "F1 Extra" is shown immediately after the race show
whatever time that may be. NBC schedules "F1 Extra" to start 2 hours after
the start of the race but, in reality, it's always shown immediately after the race
irregardless of the clock. The simplest way to make sure you record "F1 Extra" is
simply to add enough extra time to the race broadcast recording to get (a) any
extra time that was needed to record the entire race including any delays, and
(b) "F1 Extra". My standard is to add at least three hours (!) just to make
sure I cover most eventualities.

I pull this info from from my Tivo's schedule. I have no guarantee that
it is correct but it usually is. I also double check it with the NBC Sports
NET schedule.

--------------------------------------------------------------
ALL TIMES PACIFIC DST TIME !!!!! (Eastern times in parens)
--------------------------------------------------------------

Thursday April 9, 2014
----------------------
  • 11:00 PM - Practice 2 [LIVE] (2:00 AM Friday Eastern)

Saturday April 11, 2014
-----------------------
PAY CLOSE ATTENTION TO THIS BIT
  • MIDNIGHT - Qualifying [LIVE] (3:00 AM Saturday Eastern) [/B][/size]
  • 10:30 PM - RACE [LIVE] (1:30 AM Sunday Eastern)

//////////

Last edited by Zoxxo; 04-08-2015 at 11:06 PM.
Old 04-08-2015, 12:18 PM
froggy47
Race Director

Received 194 Likes on 164 Posts

Old 04-08-2015, 12:44 PM
BrianCunningham
Team Owner

Received 239 Likes on 167 Posts

Thanks

Should be interesting
Old 04-08-2015, 01:45 PM
froggy47
Race Director

Go Kimi!
Old 04-08-2015, 09:06 PM
tytek
Gasoline Addict
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 47 Likes on 36 Posts

Old 04-08-2015, 09:15 PM
raff
Burning Brakes

Received 126 Likes on 98 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17-‘18-'19-'20-'21-'22

The actual channel carrying Qualifying seems to be a mystery.

http://motorsportstalk.nbcsports.com...e-extra-times/

"Live coverage begins exclusively on NBC Sports Live Extra on Thursday at 10 p.m. ET with Practice 1, followed by NBCSN’s live coverage of Practice 2 on Friday at 2 a.m. ET. Live Extra’s coverage continues Saturday at 12 a.m. ET with Practice 3, and shifts to NBCSN for qualifying at 3 a.m. ET. Live Chinese Grand Prix coverage begins Sunday morning at 1:30 a.m. ET, followed by F1 Extra at 4 a.m. ET."

Currently Mediacom cable is also showing qualifying on NBCSN --
Old 04-08-2015, 11:00 PM
Zoxxo
Safety Car

Originally Posted by raff
The actual channel carrying Qualifying seems to be a mystery.

"Live coverage begins exclusively on NBC Sports Live Extra on Thursday at 10 p.m. ET with Practice 1, followed by NBCSN’s live coverage of Practice 2 on Friday at 2 a.m. ET. Live Extra’s coverage continues Saturday at 12 a.m. ET with Practice 3, and shifts to NBCSN for qualifying at 3 a.m. ET. Live Chinese Grand Prix coverage begins Sunday morning at 1:30 a.m. ET, followed by F1 Extra at 4 a.m. ET."

Currently Mediacom cable is also showing qualifying on NBCSN --
Thank you for making me look at this all again. My apologies to everyone for suggesting that qualifying this week would be on CNBC. It's not. I wrote down the schedules for both China and Bahrain on a single pad and then conflated the two when I created the schedule. Now fixed. All the TV coverage of this weekend (what there is of it) will be on NBCSN. All of the CNBC stuff is for NEXT WEEK at Bahrain. Sheesh.

As for the "shifting" thing, that makes sense. They are talking about their streaming service ("NBC Sports Live Extra") for watching P1 and P3. So when they say "shifts to NBCSN" they mean "from the streaming thing."

Remember that all of those MotorsportsTalk "story" postings are "crafted" by amateurs (they may get a meager salary but they are still amateurs if you read their stuff ) and they often fail the tests of accuracy and/or lucidity.

Use that grid in the article for the real schedule - it matches what my TIVO is saying.

BTW, to get everyone alert, next week is Bahrain and it's the first race of the year to feature multiple broadcast channels for the weekend's coverage (live qualifying will be on CNBC.)

Z//

Last edited by Zoxxo; 04-08-2015 at 11:13 PM.
Old 04-09-2015, 03:46 PM
froggy47
Race Director

Originally Posted by Zoxxo
Thank you for making me look at this all again. My apologies to everyone for suggesting that qualifying this week would be on CNBC. It's not. I wrote down the schedules for both China and Bahrain on a single pad and then conflated the two when I created the schedule. Now fixed. All the TV coverage of this weekend (what there is of it) will be on NBCSN. All of the CNBC stuff is for NEXT WEEK at Bahrain. Sheesh.

As for the "shifting" thing, that makes sense. They are talking about their streaming service ("NBC Sports Live Extra") for watching P1 and P3. So when they say "shifts to NBCSN" they mean "from the streaming thing."

Remember that all of those MotorsportsTalk "story" postings are "crafted" by amateurs (they may get a meager salary but they are still amateurs if you read their stuff ) and they often fail the tests of accuracy and/or lucidity.

Use that grid in the article for the real schedule - it matches what my TIVO is saying.

BTW, to get everyone alert, next week is Bahrain and it's the first race of the year to feature multiple broadcast channels for the weekend's coverage (live qualifying will be on CNBC.)

Z//
No problemmo,

My recordings are all set for NBCSN, don't want to miss this one, while I am not especially a Ferrari fan I'd love to see Kimi & Vettell on the podium, wouldn't THAT shake up a lot of folks!
Old 04-09-2015, 11:08 PM
Zoxxo
Safety Car

Default Ya just gotta love it.

In a German sports (soccer) magazine interview...

""After 50 years of work, I will not allow formula one to be destroyed out of pure selfishness."
- Bernie Ecclestone
and

""I will not watch formula one destroy itself because some people made a mistake."
- Bernie Ecclestone

SOME people????? How about ONE PEOPLE??

Wow. Just freakin' wow.

There are none so blind as those who will not see.

http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns30456.html

Yes, Bernie, it's everyone's fault except yours.

Z//
Old 04-10-2015, 02:51 PM
BrianCunningham
Team Owner

Well someone REALLY wanted to drive a car

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/ma...i-pit-straight
Old 04-10-2015, 03:01 PM
froggy47
Race Director

Originally Posted by Zoxxo
In a German sports (soccer) magazine interview...

""After 50 years of work, I will not allow formula one to be destroyed out of pure selfishness."
- Bernie Ecclestone
and

""I will not watch formula one destroy itself because some people made a mistake."
- Bernie Ecclestone

SOME people????? How about ONE PEOPLE??

Wow. Just freakin' wow.

There are none so blind as those who will not see.

http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns30456.html

Yes, Bernie, it's everyone's fault except yours.

Z//
I am no Bernie fan, but I do agree (with him) the engine sound (on tv anyway) leaves a lot to be desired.

Old 04-10-2015, 06:44 PM
Bluefire
Le Mans Master

Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by froggy47
I am no Bernie fan, but I do agree (with him) the engine sound (on tv anyway) leaves a lot to be desired.

I went to COTA last year. They're not that impressive in person either. The Ferrari Challenge cars sounded much better and a lot louder.
Old 04-10-2015, 07:15 PM
Zoxxo
Safety Car

True. But that's not the mistake that has taken them down this road. It's just a symptom of the BIG mistake. And that mistake was Bernie's myopic, "maniac on a mission" quest to break into any/every possible large piggy bank on the planet and loot the things. To at least some degree you can grok that idea - it's a business, blah, blah, blah. But the piggy banks that he went after included the world's auto manufacturers and those folks (unlike so many of the governments who pay for the tracks and the races) answer to shareholders who hold them accountable. It's not a hobby for them. It's only peripherally prestige. For them it's about sales, PR, and image. For them it has to, um, make senseand show a positive ROI. Once he had them involved, they now had him over a barrel (see Red Bull's threats to quit the series) and they now control things where Bernie used to. Bernie used to be the Czar. Now he's just the (very rich) go-between twixt all the ultra-rich a-holes who are willing to kill the golden goose over a short term PR campaign.

Just as the stock market has the occasional "correction" to fix things that are too out of hand, F1 needs a correction to get things back to a sustainable, interesting series.

To Mateschitz I say either STFU or get the F out. Given what they have said, what other option do they have?

Engine makers = Mercedes, Renault, Ferrari, Honda.

Now, if Red Bull dumps Renault or Renault pulls out altogether, just which of the remaining three are going to lease engines to Red Bull? Right. So if they aren't going to be competitive with Renault engines, guess what? Right.

Z//
Old 04-12-2015, 10:32 PM
VetteDrmr
Le Mans Master

Received 1,394 Likes on 747 Posts

So, what did you think of the race? Great comments from Kimi, whining from Rosberg, a win by Hamilton. Par for the course?
Old 04-12-2015, 10:35 PM
froggy47
Race Director

What else did Kimi say besides get the McLaren out of the way, I could not understand the radio chatter & did not watch recap yet.

Old 04-12-2015, 10:38 PM
VetteDrmr
Le Mans Master

What else did Kimi say besides get the McLaren out of the way...

That was my favorite. Lots of other mumbling in Kimi's special way.
Old 04-12-2015, 10:46 PM
froggy47
Race Director

I thought we were going to see a NASCAR finish with all the leaders stacked up for one last lap, but those CLOWNS that kept trying (how many times?) to cut the car thru the access hole in the wall were making me crazy. After 2 tries there were enough guys to just pick it up and carry it off for crying out loud!

Get notified of new replies

To Formula One - China - TV Schedule (U.S.)

Old 04-12-2015, 10:50 PM
VetteDrmr
Le Mans Master

I was laughing so hard I woke my wife up. All they had to do was arc out probably five feet and steer it in. OR, get a rear jack and jack up the rear. OR, get a front jack, ditto. But NO, they spent THREE LAPS back and forth, until they took the front wing off! Hilarious!
Old 04-13-2015, 07:35 AM
Zoxxo
Safety Car

There was never going to be a "NASCAR finish" as there were only two laps remaining by the time the safety car was on track and waiting to pick up Hamilton. Then the rest of the the scattered field had to catch up. And, since multicar crashes (in cars not meant for same) are NOT part of the F1 racing PR/sales pitch, they weren't going to "turn them loose for one last, glorious shunt-fest." And even though the safety car pulled in at the end, the rules state that there is no passing on a restart until you cross the start line. That's why you heard the teams on the radio reminding the drivers that "there will be no passing."

re: Rosberg

I suggested on Adam Cooper's blog that he might be angling for a seat at Red Bull with all of his whining. He'd fit right in as Horner's "yap dog." Really sad. Man, I would love to see Alonso in the second Merc. THAT would be something to watch.

Speaking of Horner, did anyone see/hear *anything* from him this weekend? We didn't here. Odd. He wasn't in the team principles' press conference, either.

Z//

Last edited by Zoxxo; 04-13-2015 at 12:23 PM.
Old 04-13-2015, 09:19 AM
BrianCunningham
Team Owner

Evidently Renault found the correct settings...

... to make their engines go BOOM!

What else did Kimi say besides get the McLaren out of the way, I could not understand the radio chatter & did not watch recap yet.

That was hilarious!

Originally Posted by VetteDrmr
I was laughing so hard I woke my wife up. All they had to do was arc out probably five feet and steer it in. OR, get a rear jack and jack up the rear. OR, get a front jack, ditto. But NO, they spent THREE LAPS back and forth, until they took the front wing off! Hilarious!
the sounds from the crowd whenever the car went CRUNCH

Quick Reply: Formula One - China - TV Schedule (U.S.)