Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ridetech Amanda, C5Z And C7Z Testing at 10/10ths Putnam Park

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2015, 04:57 PM
0amanda@ridetech
Former Vendor

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Ridetech Amanda, C5Z And C7Z Testing at 10/10ths Putnam Park

10/10ths Motorsports returned to the beautiful Putnam Park facility in Putnamville, Indiana last weekend and the Ridetech C7Z and C5Z were present. As we continue to develop our Corvette product line the testing and tuning stages are more prevalent than ever.

After a year of autocrossing in the C5Z, this was my first road course event and I couldn't ask for a better car to be in! During the past year I have picked up all the knowledge that I need to tune the Ridetech Level 1 HQ Shock System to perfection.

The 10/10ths organization provides a multiple skill level designed event that is technical yet fun for all levels of drivers. This type of grassroots organization made it an easy decision for us to team up with them for this season of events. A RideTech Renegade Award (which includes a $250 Gift Certificate) will be given out at each of the 10/10ths events this year. The Award winner is not necessarily the fastest guy at the event but more often than not the guy that's doing the most with the least. Someone running 11th place in a 71 Corvette he drove to the event is more likely to win the award than the 1st place person running a race prepped trailered C7.

Last edited by amanda@ridetech; 04-14-2015 at 04:15 PM.
Old 04-10-2015, 04:58 PM
0amanda@ridetech
Former Vendor

As the beginning of the week craziness winds down and my arms become less and less sore, I am still left thinking about our successful trip to Putnam Park this past weekend. Being that it was my first road course experience, I am sure that it’s a weekend I will not quickly forget either.

A day that started out way too early, 4:30am to be exact, quickly filled with commotion and excitement. After a narrow miss with Bambi 30 minutes from the track, my heart sank when Bret Voelkel pulled in 10 minutes after me in the Ridetech C7Z covered in blood and chunks of fur. A mean looking car already, the new paint job made it look absolutely vicious on the track.

Following an hour long classroom session to get acquainted with track terminology and safety measures, my instructor Jim McKamey and I hit the track for our first session. Being one of only two first timers in the entire Novice class I started the day off slow, but quickly outran my greenhorn jitters. With an amazing instructor, Ridetech HQ shocks tuned to perfection, and a few new development products on the C5Z performing flawlessly, I was a front runner by days end.
Old 04-10-2015, 05:00 PM
0amanda@ridetech
Former Vendor

(Photo Credit to 10/10ths Motorsports.)

Photo Credit to 10/10th Motorsports.
Old 04-10-2015, 06:15 PM
jtmck
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by amanda@ridetech
As the beginning of the week craziness winds down and my arms become less and less sore, I am still left thinking about our successful trip to Putnam Park this past weekend. Being that it was my first road course experience, I am sure that it’s a weekend I will not quickly forget either.

A day that started out way too early, 4:30am to be exact, quickly filled with commotion and excitement. After a narrow miss with Bambi 30 minutes from the track, my heart sank when Bret Voelkel pulled in 10 minutes after me in the Ridetech C7Z covered in blood and chunks of fur. A mean looking car already, the new paint job made it look absolutely vicious on the track.

Following an hour long classroom session to get acquainted with track terminology and safety measures, my instructor Jim McKamey and I hit the track for our first session. Being one of only two first timers in the entire Novice class I started the day off slow, but quickly outran my greenhorn jitters. With an amazing instructor, Ridetech HQ shocks tuned to perfection, and a few new development products on the C5Z performing flawlessly, I was a front runner by days end.
Front runner is an understatement.

With new people like Amanda, it makes the instructing for 10/10ths really worthwhile.

Yes, she started off slow, on purpose, to concentrate on all the basics as a new person should. Most of the group passed her in that session.

But, by the third session she held her own.

The fourth session she was running like a seasoned intermediate. Chasing down fast cars, planning how to pass and using some advanced techniques.

Another lap or two and the Mustang would have been hers.

Looking forward to May.
Old 04-11-2015, 08:42 AM
WNeal
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts
Cruise-In Veteran VII
Cruise-In Veteran VIII
"Slower Azz Dog"
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09

Thanks Ridetech for being part of 10/10ths Motorsports. Your entire crew is a class act and is what 10/10ths is all about.
Looking forward to many more events with you this year
Old 04-13-2015, 09:11 AM
0amanda@ridetech
Former Vendor

After spending a year running events with RideTech I am always happy to meet new faces at the track and this week Bret and I met John Alley. As a current customer of RideTech, John raved over the performance of his new RideTech HQ Smooth Body shocks, the same that we use on the RideTech C5Z. We hope to be seeing a lot more of John in the coming months.

Old 04-13-2015, 09:25 AM
SouthernSon
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,103 Likes on 717 Posts

10/10ths The whole crew will be on the NCM MSP this coming weekend. Bill has built a great organization, plenty of experienced racers/instructors and a superb group of vendor support that come to each event. If you need any driving gear or fantastic 'on track' pictures you will find it there.
Old 04-13-2015, 07:49 PM
JohnAlley
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Amanda really picked up the basics and will not be in the novice group very long. I had a chance to watch her and she has good judgement and seems to pick up things very quickly. Looking forward to having her move up and have her in my intermediate class session. Keep up the good work Amanda!!!
Old 04-14-2015, 01:54 PM
0amanda@ridetech
Former Vendor

As expected, 10/10ths Motorsports conducted a great track day without a hiccup. New to the 10/10th Motorsports events this year is the Ridetech Renegade award, a $250 gift certificate given not to the fastest driver or the nicest car, but rather to the driver who is able to “do the most with the least.” The winner of this weekend’s award was Chris Humphries. Chris is a 2nd year driver that has made huge improvements mainly by listening to his instructors. While he was overdriving his car last year, he quickly learned slow is fast and has continued his improvement.
He has found a quick passion for the sport and is now building a dedicated track Corvette and is a great sportsman as well.

Congrats Chris!!!

Get notified of new replies

To Ridetech Amanda, C5Z And C7Z Testing at 10/10ths Putnam Park

Quick Reply: Ridetech Amanda, C5Z And C7Z Testing at 10/10ths Putnam Park