Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C7R Gets Adjusted.

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2015, 06:00 AM
rfn026
Safety Car

Received 272 Likes on 214 Posts

Default C7R Gets Adjusted.

TUDOR/NASCAR just announced the adjustments for the Long Beach race. The Corvette fuel cell capacity is reduced. Ferrrai seems to be taking the biggest hit with a weight increase and a reduction in the intake restrictor. It's all here.

Richard Newton
Historic Racing Images
Old 04-11-2015, 11:45 AM
ZedO6
Burning Brakes

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Interesting...how do they adjust the fuel cell capacity so precisely? Ping pong *****? LOL
Old 04-11-2015, 03:24 PM
froggy47
Race Director

Received 194 Likes on 164 Posts

Old 04-11-2015, 03:45 PM
Xian
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The adjustments are pretty easily done. All the cells are manufactured with a specific size and then "displacement blocks" are added to reduce capacity. Easy peasy.

http://www.fuelsafe.com/store/fuel-delivery/fill-accessories/displacement-blocks.html
Old 04-12-2015, 09:05 AM
Bad_AX
Burning Brakes

Received 99 Likes on 77 Posts

Thanks for the link Richard.

So, here we go again. IMSA is going to adjust these cars almost race to race giving the appearance of choosing winners and losers. I lost interest last year and will not attend any more of these so called races until something changes. Maybe Corvette Racing needs to look for another race series?
Old 04-12-2015, 09:46 AM
Bill32
Melting Slicks

Received 69 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Bad_AX

So, here we go again. IMSA is going to adjust these cars almost race to race giving the appearance of choosing winners and losers.
Thanks, Nascar.
Old 04-12-2015, 10:40 AM
z28lt1
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,974 Likes on 1,032 Posts

Originally Posted by Bad_AX

So, here we go again. IMSA is going to adjust these cars almost race to race giving the appearance of choosing winners and losers. I lost interest last year and will not attend any more of these so called races until something changes. Maybe Corvette Racing needs to look for another race series?
I hate all the adjustments, but I don't have a problem getting fuel capacities correct. As they balance cars in other ways (restrictor, weight, etc) fuel will get messed up. You don't want a car winning simply because it had to make one less (or quicker) pit stops.

Sports car racing is at a hard spot here in the US. If they don't make it even they will lose competitors. GTLM only has 7 full time cars, they can't afford to lose any. On the other hand, there is no reward for innovation that impacts speed or fuel economy (although endurance innovation is important). Last year was really bad when slower cars that did well (good strategy, better driving in traffic, etc...) still got penalized. If they don't make those mistakes this year, that will be a huge step in the right direction.
Old 04-12-2015, 05:58 PM
Bad_AX
Burning Brakes

Received 99 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by z28lt1
I hate all the adjustments, but I don't have a problem getting fuel capacities correct. As they balance cars in other ways (restrictor, weight, etc) fuel will get messed up. You don't want a car winning simply because it had to make one less (or quicker) pit stops.

Sports car racing is at a hard spot here in the US. If they don't make it even they will lose competitors. GTLM only has 7 full time cars, they can't afford to lose any. On the other hand, there is no reward for innovation that impacts speed or fuel economy (although endurance innovation is important). Last year was really bad when slower cars that did well (good strategy, better driving in traffic, etc...) still got penalized. If they don't make those mistakes this year, that will be a huge step in the right direction.
I think the only fuel requirement necessary is to give each car exactly the same amount of fuel for the race, and make it a damn good challenge to get to the finish line on that fuel. If done correctly, you could throw all the weigh and power adjustments out the window, and there would be some real innovation that is relevant to the motoring public.

Get notified of new replies

To C7R Gets Adjusted.

Quick Reply: C7R Gets Adjusted.