Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Formula One - Bahrain - TV Schedule (U.S.)

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2015, 12:45 AM
Zoxxo
Safety Car

Received 266 Likes on 98 Posts

Default Formula One - Bahrain - TV Schedule (U.S.)

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
Formula One - BAHRAIN Schedule on NBC Sports Network and CNBC
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

THERE WILL BE ONLY ONE SHOWING OF THE RACE.
PERIOD.
MISS IT AND YOU HAVE MISSED IT!

NOTE: LIVE COVERAGE OF QUALIFYING WILL BE ON THE CNBC NETWORK.

1. THE TIMES AND DAYS FOR THIS RACE ARE DIFFERENT, SO PAY ATTENTION!

2. THERE IS ONE SHOWING OF THE RACE THIS SUNDAY

3. THERE ARE TWO SHOWINGS OF QUALIFYING AND ONE SHOWING OF PRACTICE.

4. NOT ALL OF THE BROADCASTS ARE ON NBC SPORTSNET!!!

5. THE *LIVE* QUALIFYING SESSION AT 8:00 AM (PDT) SATURDAY IS ON CNBC !!!!

6. The PRE-RACE show is included in the race schedule

The post-race show "F1 Extra" is shown immediately after the race show
whatever time that may be. NBC schedules "F1 Extra" to start 2 hours after
the start of the race but, in reality, it's always shown immediately after the race
irregardless of the clock. The simplest way to make sure you record "F1 Extra" is
simply to add enough extra time to the race broadcast recording to get (a) any
extra time that was needed to record the entire race including any delays, and
(b) "F1 Extra". My standard is to add at least three hours (!) just to make
sure I cover most eventualities.

I pull this info from from my Tivo's schedule. I have no guarantee that
it is correct but it usually is. I also double check it with the NBC Sports
NET schedule.

--------------------------------------------------------------
ALL TIMES PACIFIC DST TIME !!!!! (Eastern times in parens)
--------------------------------------------------------------

Friday April 17, 2014
--------------------
  • 8:00 AM - Practice 2 [LIVE] (11:00 AM Eastern)

Saturday April 18, 2014
-----------------------
  • 8:00 AM - Qualifying [LIVE] (11:00 AM Eastern) << CNBC >>
  • 4:30 PM - Qualifying [RESHOWING] (7:30 PM Eastern) (This is on NBCSportsNet!!!)

Sunday April 19, 2014
---------------------
  • 07:30 AM - RACE [LIVE] (10:30 AM Eastern)

I am pretty sure this is correct.

//////////
Old 04-15-2015, 12:32 PM
froggy47
Race Director

Received 194 Likes on 164 Posts

Thanks, go KIMI.

Old 04-16-2015, 01:57 PM
BrianCunningham
Team Owner

Received 239 Likes on 167 Posts

Thanks again!
Old 04-16-2015, 02:16 PM
steve J06
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Greatly appreciate that you take the time to research and post for the forum!
Old 04-16-2015, 07:06 PM
Zoxxo
Safety Car

to both of you

Z//
Old 04-17-2015, 09:50 AM
VetteDrmr
Le Mans Master

Received 1,398 Likes on 749 Posts

Z, another hat tip to you! I wonder what supreme sport pushed qualifying off to CNBC? Monster Trucks? Tour De France reruns? Scrabble?

It'll be interesting to see how things go this weekend; will Rosberg continue to struggle? BTW, what's your take on him? Did the driver-coaching ban hit him harder than others?

Have a good one,
Mike
Old 04-17-2015, 11:18 AM
Zoxxo
Safety Car

Originally Posted by VetteDrmr
Z, another hat tip to you! I wonder what supreme sport pushed qualifying off to CNBC? Monster Trucks? Tour De France reruns? Scrabble?
It can't be Scrabble as too few viewers remain who can appreciate it, much less play it.

A quick look shows:

English Premiere League Soccer
Everton FC vs Burnley FC at Liverpool

It'll be interesting to see how things go this weekend; will Rosberg continue to struggle?
I'd bet on yes but you never know. I think he's been dented by last year's loss.

I was watching P1 this morning and the Ferraris ran 1-2 (Kimi #1 by 0.2) w Bottas 3rd. The Mercs were down in 15th and 16th. But then it's P1. Vettel is wishing that it wasn't a night race since the Ferrari's like the heat and the Mercs not so much.

BTW, what's your take on him? Did the driver-coaching ban hit him harder than others?
That's a good question. I hadn't thought about that. Could very well be given how he's asked for that info during the races despite knowing that they can't give it to him. You may be onto something there.

As I said, I think he's psyched himself out as a result of last year's disappointment. He's waaaaaay too transparent to even the most disinterested bystander. David Hobbs is right on target about this one, me thinks. He (Nico) needs to STFU. We were watching (British) Skye's "Paddock Uncut" last night and when they interviewed him they specifically asked if all that post-China stuff wasn't just winging. He struggled in the effort to explain it any other way.

To be honest, I think we're seeing an F1 variation of the "Peter Principle" and that, simply put, given the hardware in hand (THE defining element in F1,) Lewis is simply better at it - both driving and racecraft.

Z//
Old 04-17-2015, 12:54 PM
VetteDrmr
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Zoxxo
It can't be Scrabble as too few viewers remain who can appreciate it, much less play it.

A quick look shows:

English Premiere League Soccer
Everton FC vs Burnley FC at Liverpool
Sorry, I said Scrabble, I meant Soccer. I get the two mixed up a lot.

Have a good one,
Mike
Old 04-17-2015, 01:12 PM
Zoxxo
Safety Car

Sorry, I said Scrabble, I meant Soccer. I get the two mixed up a lot.

For the sake of this discussion they are equal (Actually, I'd prefer to watch Scrabble.)

Z//
Old 04-18-2015, 07:00 PM
NemesisC5
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 331 Likes on 241 Posts

Default Formula One Chinese Grand Prix organizers say series must change

http://autoweek.com/article/formula-...n=awdailydrive

CRITICS SAY THAT THE SHOW IS NOT AS DYNAMIC AS IT WAS 10 YEARS AGO

Organizers of the Formula One Chinese Grand Prix are demanding that F1 change its ways.

The annual Shanghai race is promoted by Juss Event, whose marketing manager Yang Yibin has revealed concerns about the state of the sport. He said while the local fan base is stable, the overall drawing power of the Chinese GP has been in decline.

"There are various reasons," he told Shanghai Daily, "like one team dominating several seasons (and) smaller teams finding it hard to challenge the bigger constructors, etc. The races are not as brilliant as they were a decade ago."

Shanghai's F1 race contract runs until 2017, and Yang said the Grand Prix is just one of many international events in the sprawling city every year.

As for whether the F1 deal will be extended, he insisted: "Changes have to be made to the sport. UBS was the title sponsor of last year's Chinese GP, but they didn't extend the contract this year, and there must be a reason for it.

"Maybe we can expect something new when we go into the post-Bernie (Ecclestone) era."

---Thought I'd post this since I read something quite contrary just a week or so ago. The German GP being taken off the F1 calendar for 2015 was "somewhat attributed" to the willingness and financial ability of Asian and Arab countries to spend the money to showcase their prowess to the world. Now it seems Bernie's position of "screw tradition, pay me" is getting a reprise of "your show is not worth what you're asking" from his government sponsored customer base.
Old 04-18-2015, 07:09 PM
NemesisC5
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Default F1 icon Jackie Stewart wants series to stand by traditional European races

http://autoweek.com/article/formula-...european-races

DOWNFALL OF GERMAN GRAND PRIX FORCES STEWART TO TAKE A STAND

Formula One great Jackie Stewart has bemoaned the downfall of the German Grand Prix and is urging the sport's bosses not to forsake tradition for money as the number of European races on the calendar dwindles.

The German Grand Prix was erased from the 2015 schedule because of financial problems, and F1 commercial head Bernie Ecclestone hasn't guaranteed the future of the iconic Italian Grand Prix, either.

More races are heading to countries in Asia and the Middle East, where government funding can better cover the high hosting fees.

Stewart, a three-time world champion, told The Associated Press there should always be a place for the "essential" races in Germany, Italy, Britain, France and Monaco, as they helped "motorsport to become what it is today."

"That sounds like me being a purist," Stewart said in a telephone interview. "But you have to respect history. They should always be on the calendar -- it's terrific we have a United States Grand Prix, a Brazilian Grand Prix, one in Bahrain, and that we are going to new countries.

"But you still have to respect your heritage."

Germany's Grand Prix may have disappeared, but its status as a big motorsport nation is being preserved by the presence of Mercedes atop the drivers' and constructors' standings last year and the start of this season.

Germany can also count on Sebastian Vettel, the winner of four consecutive world titles from 2010 to 2013, to put up a fight this season.

Mercedes drivers Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg went head to head for the title last year -- Hamilton clinched his second championship on the final weekend -- and are expected to do so again, despite Vettel's unexpected victory for Ferrari at the Malaysian Grand Prix on Sunday.

"It was very welcome," Stewart said of Vettel's win. "We have got such total domination, except for the last race, that it has done damage to F1, in the same way as we lost television audiences and attendance figures in the Michael Schumacher days at Ferrari.

"We do need more competition and more winners, not just, 'Play it again, Sam.' I hope the Ferrari experience was not a one-hit wonder, but there is nobody to touch Mercedes."

If Hamilton retains his title, he will draw alongside Stewart with a British record of three.

"I won't be upset if Lewis equals my three world championships and I'm sure he'll win more than that," said Stewart, who captured championships in 1969, '71 and '73, and won 27 of 99 races.

"There will always be somebody leading the pack, and the sky is the limit (for Hamilton)."

By Associated Press
Old 04-18-2015, 09:40 PM
Zoxxo
Safety Car

Originally Posted by NemesisC5
---Thought I'd post this since I read something quite contrary just a week or so ago. The German GP being taken off the F1 calendar for 2015 was "somewhat attributed" to the willingness and financial ability of Asian and Arab countries to spend the money to showcase their prowess to the world. Now it seems Bernie's position of "screw tradition, pay me" is getting a reprise of "your show is not worth what you're asking" from his government sponsored customer base.
Or, you could say that it's a Johnny-come-lately race organizer who simply wants to flex some semi-ignorant muscles and have a say for having it's sake. An organizer who forgets (actually, has no memory of) the fact that F1 has *always* had, and has mostly consisted of, one make dominating the others for short periods. The *great* (cough, cough) Schumacher is "great" mostly because of Ferrari's dominance during that period - a dominance paid for by some seriously weaselly acts and the expenditure of money so far beyond the ability of any other teams as to be a joke (both their own test track *and* their own tire manufacturer???)

Actually, I would *love* it if your premise proved true. I think (hope) that sooner or later many (most?) of these ultra-rich dilettante Formula One players will tire of their "new Lamborghini" and will move on to some new, shiny object they can use to show off their wealth. Of course, by then the damage will have been done and the great races and tracks of history will be gone. :frown:

The very idea that Bernie would kill off Monza while, at the same time, giving Ferrari something around $100 million dollars per year simply for breathing (how come Ferrari isn't stepping up for Monza?????) is beyond short-sighted. Bernie is now so blinded by his "Mr. Burns" act that he is going to take the series down - sacrificed on the alter of gross avarice.

Then there is Mercedes' ridiculous theory that they can advertise their hybrid technology via F1 success. I guess they haven't noticed (a) the Prius-loving millennials have little-to-no interest in anything automobile beyond their transportation commodity status, and (b) the success of the ALL ELECTRIC Tesla (they have no tailpipes and they haul ***!) I'm a bit baffled by Mercedes' corporate justification for their F1 participation, actually, but they certainly seem to have their own motives that bear no mention of the long-term health of F1.

The REALLY scary thing is to consider where things go when Bernie is gone. Think about the scramble for control amongst all these rats the day Bernie drops over in his Tiffany RV... THEN what?

Sigh.

Z//
Old 04-18-2015, 10:14 PM
VetteDrmr
Le Mans Master

The REALLY scary thing is to consider where things go when Bernie is gone. Think about the scramble for control amongst all these rats the day Bernie drops over in his Tiffany RV... THEN what?
Yep, that's been my thinking as well. NASCAR and F1 are both run by (kinda) benevolent dictators, and both series have done well.
Old 04-19-2015, 01:17 AM
z06801
Melting Slicks

Received 296 Likes on 201 Posts

Go Kimi!!
Old 04-19-2015, 07:00 AM
Zoxxo
Safety Car

Default 2017 F1 Techical Rule Changes

http://adamcooperf1.com/2015/04/19/m...00bhp-formula/

They still don't get that the public is not interested in V6 engine technology that they don't understand and that sounds like a performance version of a UPS truck... Even Formula E doesn't try to pass itself off as something its not.

Adding 300-400 hp to a V6 won't make it any more intriguing since the FIA will then find ways to slow the cars back down again to make sure they are "safe". You watch - the lap times will not drop significantly even with that extra 35%-40% hp gain. They'll limit the redline, make them use a barn door rear wing, make them run off-road tires, etc., etc.

Z//
Old 04-20-2015, 09:32 AM
VetteDrmr
Le Mans Master

So, what did you think of the race? Good tussle for 2nd, first between Rosberg and Vettel, then between Rosberg and Raikonnen. And you've got to feel for Ricciardo, already on his 4th engine! I know FIA is working on getting the teams a 5th engine, but the whole engine (powerplant, token, whatever ) rule is stupid. Cost savings, are you kidding me? How much more money do they put into the engine programs to make them last 3-4 races with little/no refreshing?

Grrr.

But the race wasn't too bad.

Have a good one,
Mike
Old 04-20-2015, 11:04 AM
Zoxxo
Safety Car

So, what did you think of the race? Good tussle for 2nd, first between Rosberg and Vettel, then between Rosberg and Raikonnen.
Agreed. It was pretty good. I thought it was healthy for Nico to actually pass some real contenders for position.

And you've got to feel for Ricciardo, already on his 4th engine!
He's not the only one. I think both Toro Rosso guys are already on #3. Button likewise is already at #3 on two of his "power unit" components.

I know FIA is working on getting the teams a 5th engine, but the whole engine (powerplant, token, whatever ) rule is stupid. Cost savings, are you kidding me? How much more money do they put into the engine programs to make them last 3-4 races with little/no refreshing?

Grrr.
If you've been paying close attention for the past, say, 20 years, you will have noticed that "stupid" is what the FIA and the teams do. They have mastered the art of "stupid" and are now shooting for the world record.

That *anyone* in that group of geniuses could actually *suggest* that ALL of these new (in almost every sense of the word) motors would be capable of both delivering the performance needed for F1 prime time AND be able to do so using just four motors for an entire season is simply beyond belief. And then, when they can't do so, the TEAMS pay the price for something they have no control over.

Imagine how successful F1 could have been if, all along, the rules had been formulated by an independent engineering entity rather than the self-serving, arrogant yahoos who have actually done the rule making.

As for the 5th engine, why would the Merc teams agree to such a thing??? And such change mid-season has to be unanimous. Don't hold your breath. If that was going to happen it would have already happened.

Here's an interesting read I tripped over last night. I think he's right on with this comparison. He takes a while to get to his point (pretty much *every* internet writer needs an editor these days ) but it's a damned good one once he makes it:
http://www.pitpass.com/53686/Look-back-in-Anger

Agreed. We enjoyed it. I was sorry to see Nico have to give it up so easily as watching him defend against Kimi for those last two laps could have been great stuff.

And I have to think that Maldonado must bring a *lot* of money to Lotus... Wow, what a clown.

Oh yeah - one other bitch/question... Is there something in the "how to build an F1 race track" manual that says "don't forget to install the car-damaging, spine-damaging, curb-to-track transition on the outside of the final corner leading onto the front straight"??? First Bottas misses a race from this issue then Vettel loses a nose over it. WTF? And how come neither the drivers nor Charlie Whiting flag this issue as they inspect the tracks?

Z//

Get notified of new replies

To Formula One - Bahrain - TV Schedule (U.S.)

Old 04-20-2015, 12:26 PM
fcarga
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry, but I thought it was like watching paint dry with a few instances of good racecraft driving. It's to the point that I do not look forward to the race and am ok if I miss seeing it.
Old 04-20-2015, 03:24 PM
NemesisC5
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

http://autoweek.com/article/formula-...n=awdailydrive

CRITICS SAY THAT THE SHOW IS NOT AS DYNAMIC AS IT WAS 10 YEARS AGO

Organizers of the Formula One Chinese Grand Prix are demanding that F1 change its ways....."There are various reasons," he told Shanghai Daily, "like one team dominating several seasons (and) smaller teams finding it hard to challenge the bigger constructors, etc. The races are not as brilliant as they were a decade ago.".......

"Maybe we can expect something new when we go into the post-Bernie (Ecclestone) era."

My point is a person's (the audience) perception is their reality. It can be debated only so much but if a person doesn't like blue they will not purchase blue and so on with any other color.. I certainly don't have the answers to such a complex challenge,,,,BUT I hoped to see the brain-trust (cough) of F1 incrementally improve the show with fundamental and sustainable measures to keep the sport from losing audience share.

http://autoweek.com/article/formula-...european-races

DOWNFALL OF GERMAN GRAND PRIX FORCES STEWART TO TAKE A STAND

Formula One great Jackie Stewart has bemoaned the downfall of the German Grand Prix and is urging the sport's bosses not to forsake tradition for money as the number of European races on the calendar dwindles.

The German Grand Prix was erased from the 2015 schedule because of financial problems, and F1 commercial head Bernie Ecclestone hasn't guaranteed the future of the iconic Italian Grand Prix, either.

More races are heading to countries in Asia and the Middle East, where government funding can better cover the high hosting fees.

Stewart, a three-time world champion, told The Associated Press there should always be a place for the "essential" races in Germany, Italy, Britain, France and Monaco, as they helped "motorsport to become what it is today."

"That sounds like me being a purist," Stewart said in a telephone interview. "But you have to respect history. They should always be on the calendar -- it's terrific we have a United States Grand Prix, a Brazilian Grand Prix, one in Bahrain, and that we are going to new countries.

"But you still have to respect your heritage."
The great venues of the world past and present are indeed what grew/grow F1 into a sport of global intrigue and interest. I miss the French GP, German GP and please God forbid the loss of Monza. The fan base in these countries are what built F1, let's please not deny them or the world of the heritage and excitement that was once on their soil. I would be just as pleased to view a great race in the green countryside as I would the painted desert under lights.

Or, you could say that it's a Johnny-come-lately race organizer who simply wants to flex some semi-ignorant muscles and have a say for having it's sake. An organizer who forgets (actually, has no memory of) the fact that F1 has *always* had, and has mostly consisted of, one make dominating the others for short periods. The *great* (cough, cough) Schumacher is "great" mostly because of Ferrari's dominance during that period - a dominance paid for by some seriously weaselly acts and the expenditure of money so far beyond the ability of any other teams as to be a joke (both their own test track *and* their own tire manufacturer???)

Actually, I would *love* it if your premise proved true. I think (hope) that sooner or later many (most?) of these ultra-rich dilettante Formula One players will tire of their "new Lamborghini" and will move on to some new, shiny object they can use to show off their wealth. Of course, by then the damage will have been done and the great races and tracks of history will be gone. :frown:

The very idea that Bernie would kill off Monza while, at the same time, giving Ferrari something around $100 million dollars per year simply for breathing (how come Ferrari isn't stepping up for Monza?????) is beyond short-sighted. Bernie is now so blinded by his "Mr. Burns" act that he is going to take the series down - sacrificed on the alter of gross avarice.....

Sigh.

Z//
Indeed we have always seen in F1 a dominant team until another is ready to dominate so the talk of parity is not realistic at this level. I'd rather see technical innovation/exotic looks/sounds and then another team rise to take the torch. I do however feel the disbursement of funds for manufacturer's points is something that should be changed to benefit maintaining the fabric of the teams and the sport.

http://adamcooperf1.com/2015/04/19/m...00bhp-formula/

They still don't get that the public is not interested in V6 engine technology that they don't understand and that sounds like a performance version of a UPS truck.....

Adding 300-400 hp to a V6 won't make it any more intriguing since the FIA will then find ways to slow the cars back down again to make sure they are "safe"....

Z//
The 1000 HP is a damn joke, I'd rather hear 18,000 rpm than 1000 HP at 12k in a V6.

So, what did you think of the race? Good tussle for 2nd, first between Rosberg and Vettel, then between Rosberg and Raikonnen. .....How much more money do they put into the engine programs to make them last 3-4 races with little/no refreshing?

Have a good one,
Mike
With the performance advances of Ferrari I was happy and entertained, a great race with some drama in the end (Mercedes brake issues). Over a year ago I started a thread titled something like "F1 2014 not as exciting as 2013". This was based 90% on my displeasure with the lack of screaming engines. That lack of sound opened up a can of worms for F1 just as the fan base was shrinking and the exclusive F1 sounds fading away like a car in the distance. Members posted that the racing was good and indeed I became "almost" deaf to the absence of screaming V8's and focused on the racing. Most of us posting in this discussion or in this section are fans of the race first with the overall visual and aural sensations second. However the fan growth needed for this cash heavy sport are not racing purists (they are here already) but rather thrill seekers for visual, visceral and aural pleasures that can excite their senses through UHD 4K Video 75" TV's with high powered sound systems.

Just my $0.02
Old 04-20-2015, 07:01 PM
Zoxxo
Safety Car

My point is a person's (the audience) perception is their reality. It can be debated only so much but if a person doesn't like blue they will not purchase blue and so on with any other color..
That's true of everything in life - not just F1. Just like with NASCAR, sushi, rollercoasters, flying, etc., there is a finite number of people who are *ever* going to think "it" is great enough overcome it's inherent negatives. So the trick is not to try to convert/educate those who will *never* understand or enjoy F1 - the trick is to get those who are potential "real" fans exposed for long enough to have it "catch" in their heads. The F1 boneheads seem not to understand that their solid, educated fan base is their number one source of hooking new folks. Any advertising yahoo will tell you that there is nothing more powerful than word-of-mouth praise. And for F1 those fans play a very valuable second role, too - they are the ones to actually explain it all to the newcomers. The labyrinth of rules, history, and gotchas in F1 makes any other sport on Earth seem absolutely "checkers" by comparison. The stewards threw a new one (to me) on Sainz as they were gridding for the start at Bahrain - a 5 second time penalty for "exceeding the maximum time for the reconnaissance laps." Wow! 55 years of following F1 (really) and this is the first time I have ever heard of such a rule much less seen it enforced.

Formula One is complex and not something that you pick up right away. It's a learned sport and an acquired taste. It's certainly not a series that "puts on a great show for the fans" every race like those series that have been designed specifically to do so. Each race is a chess match. Bahrain was a great example of that. Ferrari played the game well and almost pulled it off despite their underdog status.

And that topic hits upon one of my big complaints about NBCSN's coverage (and Speed Channel's before them) - they are ALWAYS talking to the viewers as we all just stumbled upon this odd racing thing on TV (presumably not long after our fall from the turnip truck) and need the Dick & Jane explanation every freakin' day of ever freakin' race weekend. "The tires are those round things at each end of the car. Note that they come in multiple colors like candies. Neat, Huh?"

Argh!

If you get the chance to watch SKYE do an F1 race, it may actually shock you how different it is. They operate with the idea that the majority of those watching the race are actual fans of F1 and that they can speak of topics that aren't presented as a spoonful of strained carrots to an infant. ANY Skye F1 show will demonstrate this.

The great venues of the world past and present are indeed what grew/grow F1 into a sport of global intrigue and interest. I miss the French GP, German GP and please God forbid the loss of Monza. The fan base in these countries are what built F1, let's please not deny them or the world of the heritage and excitement that was once on their soil. I would be just as pleased to view a great race in the green countryside as I would the painted desert under lights.
If I could bring back just one it would be Imola. I don't really miss France and Germany lost it's cache' when Tilke neutered Hockeheim. But Monza???? Seriously???

I'd rather see technical innovation/exotic looks/sounds and then another team rise to take the torch.
But those days *are* gone. Left unfettered, the tech of today would generate vehicles that might actually kill a "passenger" with the G forces :-) There was probably never a faster pace of race car tech development than in the original Can-Am series. And most of that progress was made purely by seat-of-the-pants experimentation. No CAD systems. No wind tunnels. No huge cadre of engineers to try and tease out the most efficient front wing strake design.

Read this:
http://gordonkirby.com/categories/co..._is_no477.html

But that's gone forever. You can't unring the bell, as they say. So pining for the days of yore accomplishes nothing.

I do however feel the disbursement of funds for manufacturer's points is something that should be changed to benefit maintaining the fabric of the teams and the sport.
Yep.

With the performance advances of Ferrari I was happy and entertained, a great race with some drama in the end (Mercedes brake issues). Over a year ago I started a thread titled something like "F1 2014 not as exciting as 2013". This was based 90% on my displeasure with the lack of screaming engines. That lack of sound opened up a can of worms for F1 just as the fan base was shrinking and the exclusive F1 sounds fading away like a car in the distance. Members posted that the racing was good and indeed I became "almost" deaf to the absence of screaming V8's and focused on the racing. Most of us posting in this discussion or in this section are fans of the race first with the overall visual and aural sensations second. However the fan growth needed for this cash heavy sport are not racing purists (they are here already) but rather thrill seekers for visual, visceral and aural pleasures that can excite their senses through UHD 4K Video 75" TV's with high powered sound systems.
If that's all it takes Bernie could save a ton of money and just do what BMW and Porsche and the like are doing with fake engine sounds fed to you through the car's stereo system Bernie could just feed the TV audience V10 sounds and use a simple equation to map the V6's rpm to the old V10 sound-per-rpm reality. You'd never know until you went to an actual race. Even then you could rent headphones...

Change is inevitable as is the journey of progress. It's just truly disheartening to see that journey heading down a bad, bad road.

"Waist deep in the big muddy and the big fool said to push on"
- Pete Seeger
Z//

Quick Reply: Formula One - Bahrain - TV Schedule (U.S.)