Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HPDE, Track day, autocross, road racing, time trials

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2015, 08:09 AM
06goatm6
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default HPDE, Track day, autocross, road racing, time trials

My car club www.corvair.org/chapters/necc/ is going to be hosting several events this year. All of these events are open to all types of cars, beginners and experts. No super special safety equipment is required. Helmet and seatbelts, and a fully operational car. (they have a checklist of requirements on their website). This is not full on road racing, you can only usually pass on the front straight, but you get hours of practice time, and at the end of the day they do timed laps, 2 cars at a time to see who can post the best lap time. ( My timed laps from the '13 Corvair Olympics at Virginia International Raceway
)

It's a ton of fun, pretty cheap as far as track days go, and you get a TON of track time compared to other events I have been to.

Give them a shot! I strongly recommend the 3 day Corvair Olympics Event, Road racing, drag racing, autocross.

If you want to see more videos of some of my track events with them over the years search 06goatm6 on youtube.

Quick Reply: HPDE, Track day, autocross, road racing, time trials