Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lime Rock Noise restrictions

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2015, 09:09 AM
cottoneg
Drifting

Received 181 Likes on 120 Posts

Default Lime Rock Noise restrictions

I would like to Time Trial my Corvette at Lime Rock. NJMS just takes too long with traffic to get down there. Plus the gas, tolls, etc. make it cost double of a local track. But at least I could run with my Max Flow mufflers.

I was told the sound limit is 86dB for Lime Rock. I just went to the Lime Rock site looking to confirm the noise restriction limits. I can’t seem to locate it, which seems odd.

I am having Burns Stainless steel build me a set of mufflers so I can run there. Can anyone find a reference so I can confirm the dB limit? Could they have changed for 2015? (wishful thinking).
Old 04-27-2015, 02:43 PM
TKOGTO
Burning Brakes

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

It depends on the group. With SCDA it is 86db. You can see this on their web site. I've been told/read it here on the CF that other groups are are limited to 89, 90 or 91. These may have changed over time as Skip has lowered it over the years to avoid issues with the homeowners.
Old 04-28-2015, 05:25 AM
cottoneg
Drifting

Does anyone here run Lime Rock? What set-up do you have to make the noise limit restrictions? Anyone use Burns Stainless?
Old 04-28-2015, 05:27 AM
cottoneg
Drifting

Originally Posted by TKOGTO
It depends on the group. With SCDA it is 86db. You can see this on their web site. I've been told/read it here on the CF that other groups are are limited to 89, 90 or 91. These may have changed over time as Skip has lowered it over the years to avoid issues with the homeowners.
That makes sense and explains why I am seeing different limits on different sites. You would thing Lime Rock would post the "track limit"
for noise. Thanks!
Old 05-02-2015, 05:44 PM
lefrog
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cottoneg
That makes sense and explains why I am seeing different limits on different sites. You would thing Lime Rock would post the "track limit"
for noise. Thanks!
Lime Rock has different limits during the week and the weekends.
Most guys get caught on the main straight. The C5Z stock exhaust at WOT in the straight is usually ok unless the wind blows toward the tower in which case there has been some cases of people being black flagged.
Some have run exhaust tips pointing to the left (the mikes are in the infield), others just take it easy in the main straight. Some clubs are more lenient than others so your experience may vary.
Also Lime Rock is going under some major renovations this year so I'm not sure if that will affect noise restriction or the microphone placements on the track.
So far I have run there without any problem with my C4 (straight 3" center pipe with spintech muffler) and my C5Z (stock exhaust).

Get notified of new replies

To Lime Rock Noise restrictions

Quick Reply: Lime Rock Noise restrictions