Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NCM Motorsports Park HPDE April 23-24

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2015, 09:59 AM
Michael Gordon
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Default NCM Motorsports Park HPDE April 23-24

Had an absolute blast this past week at the NCM Motorsports Park!! The track is incredible. Had the best instructor, he taught me a lot about the track and my car. By the second have of day one I was routinely pushing 100mph at the end of the 3 straights!! And the second half of the second day was over 110mph on the 2 infield straight and 115mph on the main straight. The last session was even faster, hitting the apexes and lines almost perfectly and pushing 115mph on the infield and 120mph on the main straight!! Was pushing so hard that I ended up glazing my brake pads and the nannies started kicking so hard that I had to slow up, but had been pulling away from a C6 Z06 and a C7 Stingray, they were not on the gas as soon as I was coming out of the corner. And I was in a base 2006 with Z51.

I recommend to anyone planning on doing an HPDE to get GOOD brake pads for the event and make sure you have some brake cooling. My front brake ducts are missing, which may have helped. And good seats and harnesses would be good investment too if you plan on doing it more than once, may be my next purchase beside brake cooling.

For you first timers, take your time and listen to your instructor. And Look Up!!!

My 2006 Velocity Yellow base with Z51 next to my HPDE Instructors 2009 with Headers, Tune, Willwood Front Brakes and Z06 Rear Brakes and larger wheels with Michelin Super Sport Tires.

My instructor Ernie Naugle on the left.

Last edited by Michael Gordon; 04-28-2015 at 04:32 PM.
Old 04-27-2015, 06:05 PM
Short-Throw
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Michael,

Glad you came out to our event to learn how to drive your car safely at speed.

Ernie has been around the NCM HPDEs for a long time and as you experienced, is a good instructor.

We hope to see you return and move up in our skill level run groups over time.

Mike Newlander
Chief Instructor
Old 04-28-2015, 04:31 PM
Michael Gordon
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I will be back. But gotta do something about the seats and harness and brake cooling.
Old 04-28-2015, 07:59 PM
GT Racing Tires
Supporting Vendor

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts

August 28-30, 2015 www.GTTrackDays.com. Hope to see you there.
Old 04-29-2015, 07:38 AM
VThokies
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I was there as well, had an amazing time on track. Very nice track that is easy on the consumables, brakes and tires have only a little wear. The track offers a lot of challenges that makes for a enjoyable experience. The staff did a great job running the event, I will be back!

Get notified of new replies

To NCM Motorsports Park HPDE April 23-24

Quick Reply: NCM Motorsports Park HPDE April 23-24