Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PBIR Track Day, Any Pointers?

Old 04-28-2015, 02:37 PM
JLZ06TR
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PBIR Track Day, Any Pointers?

Doing a track day in my c5Z at Palm Beach international raceway. Any pointers specific to this track? I've taken care of the usual and have proper alignment, brake pads and fluid done. But I'm just wondering if any of you have experience with this track and have any specific pointers.

Thanks in advance.
Old 04-30-2015, 10:53 PM
FAUEE
Race Director

Received 4,418 Likes on 2,789 Posts

It's a pretty easy, but very fun track. Not too many places to really get yourself screwed up either. Watch out for people to do stupid stuff at the carousel, sometimes people will think they can make a good line by going wide and then swerving to the inside to try to SUPER early apex it. This is not a good line btw.

Outside of that, get the chicane and the last corner down pat. The last corner leads to the super long straight, and if you get that corner down you are setting yourself up for big speed down that straight. I'd figure you could see 140+ down the straight easy, maybe 150+.

Outside of that... bring lots of water and shelter. Keep an eye that you don't let tire heat sneak up on you. Have fun, it's a great track, even if the facilities there are a little modest.
Old 05-01-2015, 09:25 AM
JLZ06TR
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the reply. From videos I've seen almost every turn is a late apex.
Old 05-02-2015, 10:26 AM
Iconic
Miller Time Wisconsin 🍺

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,440 Likes on 940 Posts
2022 C7 of the Year Finalist - Modified
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
Finalist 2020 C7 of the Year -- Modified
2018 C7 of Year Winner
2017 C7 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22

I agree with FAUEE. Pretty easy to learn and quite fun to drive. I can't add much other than watch out for the sand hill cranes in the paddock LOL. If you're lucky enough to be running with performance driving group dot com, you are in great hands -free pictures, free catered in lunch, free water, and all around great guys.

Get notified of new replies

To PBIR Track Day, Any Pointers?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: PBIR Track Day, Any Pointers?