Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lottes / CLP Motorsports : C5 Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2015, 03:46 PM
Timothy Lottes
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lottes / CLP Motorsports : C5 Build Thread

Been a long time since I posted here, life got the in the way (switching jobs, etc). My build at CLP Motorsports mostly done now, currently getting wired.

Old 04-30-2015, 05:17 PM
ratt_finkel
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Looks awesome man! Need details! And more pics!
Old 04-30-2015, 05:53 PM
Bad Karma
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Old 04-30-2015, 09:06 PM
Timothy Lottes
Advanced

Bunch of misc things left to do on the car, sealing the rear firewall, etc.

I'm only running one fuel tank, the other side is now a battery box.

Leaving parts of the car unfinished, for example I'm not running the C5 corvette rear parachute (why there are LED lights back there), and the current configuration could be even higher drag, but I'm not finishing the bottom and rear of the car until I try it on the track with the existing front splitter and rear wing. I do have a front undertray and another custom piece for the front underbody.

Also for now keeping the stock C5 transmission. Eventually I'd like to get a racing gearbox. Not sure if the electric pump setup I have will carry over in the future, but at least the stock gearbox will last while I get to learn and have fun with the car. And the investment in building the car will probably result in a slow driver anyway...

Some more pics,

Old 04-30-2015, 11:28 PM
smellya
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

that thing is bad ***.
Old 05-03-2015, 10:28 PM
GO_BLUE_VETTES
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

Looks awesome!

Will you post some more pictures or provide details on the firewall modifications for the flipped intake with the air inlet tubes running to that back corners of the engine compartment.

Did you cut the firewall all the way down to the frame? Or just make a pocket for the tube? Thanks!
Old 05-04-2015, 04:59 AM
chuntington101
Melting Slicks

Received 113 Likes on 100 Posts

Stunning car! Love to see some pics of the customer underside components.
Old 05-04-2015, 02:02 PM
Timothy Lottes
Advanced

Originally Posted by GO_BLUE_VETTES
Looks awesome!

Will you post some more pictures or provide details on the firewall modifications for the flipped intake with the air inlet tubes running to that back corners of the engine compartment.

Did you cut the firewall all the way down to the frame? Or just make a pocket for the tube? Thanks!
Easier to see before paint,

Old 05-04-2015, 02:16 PM
RapidC84B
Team Owner

Received 13,170 Likes on 5,991 Posts

Most impressive work, but what class are you building for? Many of the modifications will kick out out of most of the common Corvette classes. Deleting the wheel wells and the rear tub are a no-no for most sanctioning bodies. If you ran with us in NASA you'd be auto moved to SU.
Old 05-04-2015, 02:24 PM
Timothy Lottes
Advanced

Originally Posted by Tool Hoarder
Most impressive work, but what class are you building for? Many of the modifications will kick out out of most of the common Corvette classes. Deleting the wheel wells and the rear tub are a no-no for most sanctioning bodies. If you ran with us in NASA you'd be auto moved to SU.
Not building for a wheel to wheel class, but rather just for open track / HPDE days.
Old 05-04-2015, 02:34 PM
Timothy Lottes
Advanced

Originally Posted by chuntington101
Stunning car! Love to see some pics of the customer underside components.
Other than stripping the car down and generally causing trouble via some questionable design decisions, I didn't build the car, rather I am the customer. Eventually I'll grab some more underside shots, will have to wait until I fly out for first drive (I'm in NC, car is being finished in CA). The undertray+splitter+front is ACP world challenge.
Old 05-04-2015, 11:04 PM
GO_BLUE_VETTES
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Timothy Lottes
Easier to see before paint,
Thanks for the picture, great looking build. Would love to see any more pictures you took of the firewall either from the engine compartment or the inside!
Old 05-06-2015, 11:55 AM
DUMAN
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

vary nice.
Old 05-06-2015, 02:02 PM
flash911
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Hey suse chrees tose Dude! You just show up and throw down some pics to drool over?

C'mon now, details please? I'd love to know more about the motor, suspension, cooling, design decisions etc.

Oh, and congrats on the killer build
Old 05-07-2015, 02:56 AM
Timothy Lottes
Advanced

Originally Posted by flash911
Hey suse chrees tose Dude! You just show up and throw down some pics to drool over?

C'mon now, details please? I'd love to know more about the motor, suspension, cooling, design decisions etc.

Oh, and congrats on the killer build
Details,

Suspension setup is the stock a-arms with LG's GT2 Kit with Sway bars, with Pfadt spherical bearings, and replaced lower ball joints (aftermarket heavy duty, forget the vendor). Didn't do any wheel bearing changes yet, the existing ones had under 10K road miles on them. Transmission is stock C5, rear CVs+axles are stock. Also under 10K miles. Running electric pump driven cooling for gear and diff. Diff might be stock, hard to remember now. Transmission mount got converted into a solid mount. Wheels are Speedline OEM C5 ZO6 rear 18x10.5 on all 4 (ordered from HouseOfWheels). Have R888's on there now, went a little too wide for 10.5 the with the 315. Brakes are the Hardbar version of the AP T1 Sprint kit on all 4. Wish I went with the Essex version, but bought these a long time ago when they first were released. Running swing mount Wilwood pedals. Probably should have done floor mount in hindsight. Running an AimSports digital gauge mounted to a Woodward safety steering column with quick release. Motor is solid mounted a little lower than stock if I remember right. ARE dry sump (stage 4). LS2 block, Callies Dragonslayer 4" Crankshaft, Mahle Black label 11-1cr 4" pistons, Mahle chrome rings, Manley billet connecting rods, ARP 2000 rod bolts, Clivite 77 coated race bearings, ARP main studs, ARP head studs, Pro label CNC Ls3 cylinder heads, Comp valve springs & titanium retainers & spring seat locators & pushrods, Ls3 rocker arms, LG G6x5 series camshaft, Ozmo dual intake mounted backwards, and LG headers. Running some ACP world challenge body work (front undertray, splitter, front, hood). Radiator is Ron Davis, car adjusted to be a front breather, have custom box for hood exit. Rear wing is from Kognition. Forgot who I got the Lexan windows from. Do remember that cut to size doesn't actually mean that, but rather you will need to trim it again. Running one fuel tank, other side is a battery box...
Old 05-07-2015, 10:23 AM
ZedO6
Burning Brakes

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Very cool...who is doing the build?
Old 05-07-2015, 11:08 AM
MUKAK
Race Director

Received 34 Likes on 34 Posts

love the rear LEDs, do u have a pic with the rear fascia on?

Get notified of new replies

To Lottes / CLP Motorsports : C5 Build Thread

Old 05-07-2015, 12:00 PM
Timothy Lottes
Advanced

Originally Posted by ZedO6
Very cool...who is doing the build?
http://www.clpmotorsports.com/
Old 05-07-2015, 12:01 PM
Timothy Lottes
Advanced

Originally Posted by MUKAK
love the rear LEDs, do u have a pic with the rear fascia on?
Nope, because I'm not running the rear fascia.
Old 05-10-2015, 09:08 PM
yooper
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Very nice, subscribed for more pics. What does this bad boy weigh?

Quick Reply: Lottes / CLP Motorsports : C5 Build Thread