Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The hook is set... 1st autox complete! (video included)

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2015, 09:24 AM
FixItFlyIt
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The hook is set... 1st autox complete! (video included)

Well folks, I entered my first autocross event ever yesterday! It was the most fun I've ever had in my life, I think!

A little background: I recently bought a stock C6 (I've only made one payment!), and have never owned a sports car before. My buddy said I should autocross it to learn the cars limits and develop some driver skills, so I said ok!

I started out at at 51.4 and shaved it down to 48.0 in 4 runs, and honestly I am pretty happy with that. 16/25 in the Novice class. Not great, but not last! All my runs were clean, no cones killed!

Biggest takeaway: I need different tires, badly. Since this is my daily, I'll be looking for a good compromise tire. I mean, I also need better driving skills too... haha.

I never really got the "racecar" thing before, but I understand the attraction now. It was a ton of fun, a real adrenaline rush, and all the people I met were so friendly and awesome. I can't wait to do it again!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1NN...ature=youtu.be
Old 05-04-2015, 11:05 AM
TuxZ06
Heel & Toe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice smooth run! What tires were you on? I was out there in the silver c5 z06.
Old 05-04-2015, 12:43 PM
FixItFlyIt
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You were the FAST corvette! I enjoyed watching you drive. I have the stock Eagle F1 run-flats right now.
Old 05-04-2015, 01:47 PM
TuxZ06
Heel & Toe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My codriver was faster! New tires will definitely help. Autocrossing a corvette is an exercise of patience and discipline. It's too much fun to mash the gas pedal. At least that was my problem.

I'll be at the next event. Hope to see you there!

Get notified of new replies

To The hook is set... 1st autox complete! (video included)

Quick Reply: The hook is set... 1st autox complete! (video included)