Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Killed another one...During One Lap...

Old 05-09-2015, 11:05 AM
bags142
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Default Killed another one...During One Lap...

During our 1 Lap of America trip, got off of I35 in middle of a tornado we did not know about in norman ok. While on the streets in norman, got caught behind a suv and semi and water started coming in under the door. Tried to move and more water came and started covering the hood.

We had to get out of the car at that point not knowing how much water may end up coming. Opened the doors to almost waist deep water. Took shelter in a 7-11 while watching the car get flooded.

Sucks we were unable to finish, but lucky we were not injured. That town got rocked hard and lots more people had it worse than Bill (1stz51) and I.

1 Lap is an amazing trip and the people are fantastic. Shaky Dog racing was killing the other folks. Driver mod ya'll, just sayin!!

Anyway, if you ever thought about doing 1 Lap, DO IT. Make plans, and go. It is crazy, tiring, gut checking, exciting, and everything in between.
Attached Images  
Old 05-09-2015, 11:15 AM
moose.b3
Drifting

Received 169 Likes on 128 Posts

Glad your ok. The car can be fixed or replaced, you can't.
Old 05-09-2015, 11:39 AM
sperkins
Le Mans Master

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts

Sorry to hear about the car, but glad everyone is safe.
Old 05-09-2015, 12:11 PM
Xian
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Dang... sorry to hear about the issues. As others have said, at least you're ok.

I was supposed to run this year but a work project got in the way. Already making plans for 2016 though!

PS
I heard one of the other Vette's had a pretty significant off yesterday and was a total loss.
Old 05-09-2015, 02:01 PM
1stz51
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What an awesome experience!!!! It did not end the way we wanted but the competitors and local people we met along the way made up for it. To Marv, Tom, and Eric for getting the car back on the road in Kearney, Ne. To Scott the tow truck driver in Norman, OK. For the help. Each and every competitor along the way that helped a couple 1 lap pups feel welcomed into the family immediately. Most of all Kirk ( Bags) for bringing me on this wild and screwed up event. Lol. I am prepping for next year!!! Lol!

Bill R.
Old 05-11-2015, 04:43 PM
fmcokc
Pro

Received 89 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by bags142
Shaky Dog racing was killing the other folks. Driver mod ya'll, just sayin!!
Thanks for the kind words. Is Brierly getting your trailer situation squared away?
Old 05-11-2015, 09:04 PM
bags142
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by fmcokc
Thanks for the kind words. Is Brierly getting your trailer situation squared away?
Yes he is. He got it today, god bless him!!
Old 05-12-2015, 09:01 AM
LateBreak
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Have you dealt with the insurance adjuster yet? I'm curious to know what the buy-back value is. I may be interested if you're open to that

Get notified of new replies

To Killed another one...During One Lap...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Killed another one...During One Lap...