Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corvettes @ the NJ Pro Solo....

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2015, 07:33 PM
strano@stranoparts.com
Supporting Vendor

Received 231 Likes on 145 Posts

Default Corvettes @ the NJ Pro Solo....

In particular Strano Performance Parts customers, tore it up!

Top 2 in the Challenge? Customers, both on my 33mm front bar.

Top 3 in SSR? All on Koni's, with the custom rod-end lowers and 2 of them on my own spec sway bars. The other car was on a bar I sold him, we haven't convinced him to change yet.

Top 2 in A-Street? Daddio on Koni's and my bar. Johnson on MCS's (which I also sell) and a stock bar (his bar is coming in next week). one on "BridgeRiches" (RE71R front/Rival S rear) and Johnson on Rival S all around. .019 between 'em. Then Daddio won the Challenge.

Top 3 in B-Street? Same thing, except with special mention to Evan Schickel who won his first Pro (ever) over some tough folks in the Kozlak's. And Evan while on a good front bar is still on stock shocks... though I think that'll change soon cause he now realizes he can like win, win. And he's got some better pads on the way from me today too. And double props for making it to the final in the Super Challenge too dude!

Stephanie Reeve won L1 in the family C5 Z06 and then the Ladies Challenge.

Kandy Johnson thumped L2 in their family C6 Z06 (front bar is coming it's shipping to me Friday!!!).

How'd I do? Meh, was stupid to take my half-assed not really STU car, but wanted to see my friends and save my Z06 events for those on concrete. But through Saturday I was less than .3 behind fast guy Barbato in a full prep 350Z. both of pounded by the launch and "dig" ability out of two back to back 25mph corners to the finish. But considering I've got no headers, stock springs, no tune, I guess it went ok. Car turned great! Just lacking punch.

We (as in customers on my parts) tore it up in other places too. Top 3 of 4 in C-street. Winner in E-Street, 2nd in F-street, 2nd and 3rd in G-Street. Yeah, all in all I can't complain.
814-849-3450

More options than any other single company out there. More parts than any other single company I know: Brakes to Safety, Wheels to Exhaust. Suspension to Air Filters: Girodisc, Hawk, Raybestos, Essex Racing/AP, Ferodo, Wilwood, Penske, Koni, Borg Motorsport, Ridetech, Viking, After Dark Speed, Hotchkis, Bilstein, KW, Forgestar, BC Forged, Forgeline, MRR Wheels and on, and on, and on it goes.

Old 05-13-2015, 10:40 AM
conemark
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Thank you for all of your help and advice over the years Sam! We made a pretty good showing for our third event in the new to us Z06 for running in the shark tank known as SSR.
Old 05-13-2015, 03:22 PM
flash911
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Congrats Sam! Must be doing something right
Old 05-13-2015, 03:47 PM
strano@stranoparts.com
Supporting Vendor

Received 231 Likes on 145 Posts

We try. Makes me super proud to have all those folks as customers and friends!

Get notified of new replies

To Corvettes @ the NJ Pro Solo....

Quick Reply: Corvettes @ the NJ Pro Solo....