Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

heat resistance of hydro dipping

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2015, 09:59 PM
rithsleeper
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Default heat resistance of hydro dipping

Just was turned on to this process and really want to try it. My track rims are ugly beat up wagon wheels with chrome peel. Was thinking what if I stripped them then dipped them. Can't look worse than they do already. Wonder if they would hold up to the heat though?

Here is the example froggy https://youtu.be/pKuXyeAGzEU

Last edited by rithsleeper; 05-18-2015 at 12:44 PM.
Old 05-17-2015, 11:50 PM
froggy47
Race Director

Received 194 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by rithsleeper
Just was turned on to this process and really want to try it. My track rims are ugly beat up wagon wheels with chrome peel. Was thinking what if I stripped them then dipped them. Can't look worse than they do already. Wonder if they would hold up to the heat though?
No clue what it is.

Old 05-18-2015, 08:19 AM
miracle_whip4130
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think it would be alright. The first time I had ever even heard of hydro dipping was when a guy at an HPDE showed me the hydro dipped valve cover on his miata. I know the wheels get really hot from the rotors, but I doubt they get much hotter than the engine.
Old 05-18-2015, 09:22 AM
JerryTX
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by rithsleeper
My guess is there is not a chance the stuff holds up. Good luck and if you try it keep us posted.
Old 05-18-2015, 09:48 AM
Han Solo
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Saw a thread on the Harley forum where a guy did the heat shields on his exhaust and claimed it was holding up.

Get notified of new replies

To heat resistance of hydro dipping

Quick Reply: heat resistance of hydro dipping