Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ELI5: How to measure brake clearnaces

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2015, 10:59 AM
ExoticMotorClub
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Default clearing my big brake kit with new rims/tires...

Hello fellow forum members,

I am looking for some help in purchasing a set of rims and tires that will perform very well on my 650 whp c6 z06 and also clear my brembo big brake package. I mostly like to drive spiritedly on back roads or maybe a quick pull on the highway, not really looking for track only wheels. The current tires and wheels that I have are OEM ZR1 wheels with 285/30/19 and the rear is 345/25/20 Nitto Invos. They have a very thin sidewall and look great for shows, but don't really stick when I put the hammer down. This is my first high horsepower car and wheel purchase, so any advice is appreciated.

My questions are as follows:

1. Any tips or directions on measuring my brembo kit to check for clearance issues?
2. Should I try and get the smallest diameter wheel and larger tire wall for maximum grip?
2. Recommendations on wheel and tire packages are also appreciated.

Modifications:
Pfadt adjustable coilovers
Pfadt adjustable sway bars
Brembo Big Brake Kit

Thank you.

Last edited by ExoticMotorClub; 05-19-2015 at 04:29 PM. Reason: spelling is hard

Quick Reply: ELI5: How to measure brake clearnaces