Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Palmer Motorsports Park

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2015, 07:30 AM
555ss
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Palmer Motorsports Park

My Girl Friend and I Went to Palmer Motorsports park at whiskey hill for open track time on Saturday the 23rd almost 3 hrs of track time. THIS PLACE IS UNBELIEVABLE it is like a Disney ride for adults with fast cars. Fun technical track my new favorite hers is still the Glen but this is #2. They have on going work to do on the paddocks and the buildings but it does not matter the track it too cool! They have nascar style barriers and catch fences with tire walls in the needed areas. The place will be unreal when finished. The town is nice gas ( we used a bunch LOL)is nearby and food is also close it is a pretty easy tow off the mass pike even with a 48 ft semi hauler.
We cannot wait to go back.
Old 05-26-2015, 08:18 AM
gbvette62
Race Director

Received 2,018 Likes on 1,309 Posts

I'm curious, what was the situation with the noise limit there?

The track's website has the noise limit listed as 96 db @ 50'. The Vintage Racers Group has a race scheduled there in September, that we had hoped to attend. Unfortunately, there's just no way that we can get the 331 in our 65 Corvette, down to 96 db. The SCCA allows 96 db for parking lot autocrosses.

I'm hoping that some of there race weekends are allowed a higher limit, sort of like other track's muffler and un-mufflered days. It looks like it could be a really great track, but that noise limit is sure going to limit the type of cars and events, that they can run.
Old 05-26-2015, 08:42 AM
555ss
Instructor

I would think they will be pretty strict ( they have neighbors and it is a new track) but it is the A scale at 50 ft my car 02 zo6 long tubes w/cats and and slp catback was 88db....
Years ago I had noise issues with the dragway ( week night racing) with my 950 hp 555inch BBC and I found the vertex cones did alot also aiming the exhaust at the tires...
I put 3 inch cats on my 76 camaro 468 inch BBC and got it down to 89db with no loss of power....
Old 05-26-2015, 04:52 PM
gpuglisi
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by 555ss
My Girl Friend and I Went to Palmer Motorsports park at whiskey hill for open track time on Saturday the 23rd almost 3 hrs of track time. THIS PLACE IS UNBELIEVABLE it is like a Disney ride for adults with fast cars. Fun technical track my new favorite hers is still the Glen but this is #2. They have on going work to do on the paddocks and the buildings but it does not matter the track it too cool! They have nascar style barriers and catch fences with tire walls in the needed areas. The place will be unreal when finished. The town is nice gas ( we used a bunch LOL)is nearby and food is also close it is a pretty easy tow off the mass pike even with a 48 ft semi hauler.
We cannot wait to go back.
A few questions on this as I am considering attending one of these open lapping days.

Did you participate in the whole day event or half day? Did they break out run groups or was it a hot track for all?

I was there on May 8th and there was no running water, gas, air, all the parking was on dirt, have any improvements been made?

Thanks.
Old 05-27-2015, 10:15 AM
555ss
Instructor

Originally Posted by gpuglisi
A few questions on this as I am considering attending one of these open lapping days.

Did you participate in the whole day event or half day? Did they break out run groups or was it a hot track for all?

I was there on May 8th and there was no running water, gas, air, all the parking was on dirt, have any improvements been made?

Thanks.
WE ran the whole day they only had 35 -40 cars did a student group and open group. 3 or 4 runs each for about 3 hrs of track time!!!
They are constantly working on the site so every day it changes the power poles were up and the wire was up but not connected yet there are paved roads in the paddock they hydro seeded the areas on the track. As far as gas, power and water we have it on the truck.. I do know that the plan is for power and bathrooms..
Old 05-28-2015, 08:56 AM
jwebsta32
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What car were you running in? I have heard the Miata guys love it....
Old 05-29-2015, 07:30 AM
555ss
Instructor

Originally Posted by jwebsta32
What car were you running in? I have heard the Miata guys love it....
2 prepped '02 c5z's on hoosiers both cars have been sub 2:08 at the glen. One of the hills feels like you should be pulling back on the wheel as you crest the top and start down LOL. You know us we were at the glen when you ran the silver c6z with COM... mine is blue her is yellow, I got the wall coming out of 8 the first day... hope all is well

Last edited by 555ss; 05-29-2015 at 07:33 AM.
Old 05-31-2015, 01:58 PM
jwebsta32
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 555ss
2 prepped '02 c5z's on hoosiers both cars have been sub 2:08 at the glen. One of the hills feels like you should be pulling back on the wheel as you crest the top and start down LOL. You know us we were at the glen when you ran the silver c6z with COM... mine is blue her is yellow, I got the wall coming out of 8 the first day... hope all is well
All is good man! wish I was able to go to the glen this year, but will have to wait for next year. I think I am goin to Road Atlanta or Road America this year with the guy I run with, hes the one with the TA Mustang. Hope both your cars are doing well.
Old 06-04-2015, 11:07 AM
lefrog
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

You can also take passengers during open lapping days. It's still very laid back with the low number of participants, it's just open track day all day, just hop in and out when you want.
One thing that was great is that we went for a course walk during lunch break. That was really helpful to see the tricky camber changes.
Here is a video of a few laps showing different lines (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-0NWuIlbSU):

Last edited by lefrog; 06-04-2015 at 11:10 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To Palmer Motorsports Park

Quick Reply: Palmer Motorsports Park