Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2015 SCCA Spring Nationals recap

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2015, 12:30 AM
strano@stranoparts.com
Supporting Vendor

Received 231 Likes on 145 Posts

Default 2015 SCCA Spring Nationals recap

Just home, and back out in 2 days for Wilmington Pro.

Short version. Had a great time, did well, Shelly did well, met some new folks (and a few Corvette friends from Canada who were all super nice). Won SSR @ the Pro and Tour both, drove well. Ended up 4th in Super Challenge after it rained and ran up against not one but two Subaru's, and well there is nothing I can do there. Got to run H20's, A6's and A7's all. A7's wear really, REALLY well in Lincoln much better than A6's and the car was never better on that surface. Shelly won L1 and then the Ladies Challenge both. Saw a Fiesta ST destroy a set of magic street tires in 24 runs, and had the owner tell me "gee that's not any better than A6's on my Honda". Stopped by Hoosier and grabbed up 8 win tires on the way home.

Day 2 video:

814-849-3450

More options than any other single company out there. More parts than any other single company I know: Brakes to Safety, Wheels to Exhaust. Suspension to Air Filters: Girodisc, Hawk, Raybestos, Essex Racing/AP, Ferodo, Wilwood, Penske, Koni, Borg Motorsport, Ridetech, Viking, After Dark Speed, Hotchkis, Bilstein, KW, Forgestar, BC Forged, Forgeline, MRR Wheels and on, and on, and on it goes.

Last edited by strano@stranoparts.com; 05-27-2015 at 12:42 AM.
Old 05-27-2015, 01:26 AM
dhowdy
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Nice to finally meet you, Sam! So glad I wasn't in heat 1 on Sunday, but you looked really great through the course despite very wet conditions. I had a disappointing couple of events myself, but I guess I deserve that for not driving my own car out Still a great weekend overall.
Old 05-29-2015, 10:47 PM
strano@stranoparts.com
Supporting Vendor

Will be up in a little while. Day 1 run from the Tour @ Spring Nationals. Very, very wet. On Hoosier H2.O's. Some folks asked to see it, so here it is.

Old 06-02-2015, 09:32 PM
l98tpi
Max G’s
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 73 Likes on 63 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

You in Wilmington too. Keep it up
Old 06-03-2015, 04:34 PM
strano@stranoparts.com
Supporting Vendor

Thanks, it was a nail biter, .051 is just tooooooo close for comfort, but it's a class full of hitters. I'm just proud to have had something to do with all the fastest AS, BS, and SSR Corvettes there! Hell SSR is literally packed with Strano Performance Parts customers and almost every car had one of my sway bars, shocks from here and even some trick shock mounts too.
Old 06-03-2015, 10:02 PM
l98tpi
Max G’s
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 73 Likes on 63 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
Thanks, it was a nail biter, .051 is just tooooooo close for comfort, but it's a class full of hitters. I'm just proud to have had something to do with all the fastest AS, BS, and SSR Corvettes there! Hell SSR is literally packed with Strano Performance Parts customers and almost every car had one of my sway bars, shocks from here and even some trick shock mounts too.
Yes, there is definately a lot of talent in SSR. I like watching you guys compete. Good luck
Old 06-04-2015, 01:31 AM
strano@stranoparts.com
Supporting Vendor

Glad to be part of the show! Nice to know it's entertaining for others too!!!!!

Get notified of new replies

To 2015 SCCA Spring Nationals recap

Quick Reply: 2015 SCCA Spring Nationals recap