Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Strano 1 5/16" FSB--good for track on stock C5Z?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2015, 09:12 PM
TAlli
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Strano 1 5/16" FSB--good for track on stock C5Z?

Interested in the 1 5/16" front sway bar that appears to be an excellent addition for stock AutoX use. My question, on an otherwise stock car would just the big front sway bar be helpful on track for HPDEs?

I'd like to keep the suspension in stock trim for awhile to stay in a competitive AutoX class, but since the NCM motorsports park is literally 5 miles from house I will be doing a handful of driving events on track.

Thoughts?

Car is a 2003 C5 Z on stock stagger wheels with hankook RS-3 s in 255/45-17 and 285/35-18

Last edited by TAlli; 05-28-2015 at 09:14 PM.
Old 05-28-2015, 11:08 PM
chetly
Burning Brakes

Received 84 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by TAlli
Interested in the 1 5/16" front sway bar that appears to be an excellent addition for stock AutoX use. My question, on an otherwise stock car would just the big front sway bar be helpful on track for HPDEs?

I'd like to keep the suspension in stock trim for awhile to stay in a competitive AutoX class, but since the NCM motorsports park is literally 5 miles from house I will be doing a handful of driving events on track.

Thoughts?

Car is a 2003 C5 Z on stock stagger wheels with hankook RS-3 s in 255/45-17 and 285/35-18

That's the bar I use on my c5z. Can't see why it wouldn't help on road courses. May just have to run it full soft in stead of in the middle or full stiff. That's the beauty of an adjustable sway bar, it's adjustable.

Quick Reply: Strano 1 5/16" FSB--good for track on stock C5Z?