Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

All About Insurance

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2015, 11:44 AM
rfn026
Safety Car

Received 272 Likes on 214 Posts

Default All About Insurance

This is all about insurance. It's an article I did a few months back for Vintage Motorsport magazine. Most of us here on this forum could use an STP policy. People doing track days might want to look into track insurance. It's all there.

Insurance is really really complicated. A lot of people helped on this but Adam at the NCM was really great. If you have a Corvette you really need to talk to him.

Enjoy.

Richard Newton
Old 06-12-2015, 12:26 AM
Gary2KC5
Le Mans Master

Received 38 Likes on 17 Posts

wow, a lot of good info in the article. My insurance company says I'm covered during a track event...as long as it's not a "timed" event. It looks like I should check for any changes that may have been made lately

interesting to know about the Grundy requirements, which Haggerty does not have. Just getting ready to renew my insurance on my 3 classic cars, of which one is entirely apart unfortunately has been for the last couple years).

man this site has a lot of ads and popups now...I used to post here everyday...now just check n every month or so...Troy has got to be shaking his head but smiling looking at his bank account.
Old 06-12-2015, 12:45 AM
REVHARD
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

AAA insurance laughed at me when I inquired if I was covered. I'm in Michigan so not sure if other states are different
Old 06-12-2015, 05:21 PM
jwebsta32
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary2KC5
wow, a lot of good info in the article. My insurance company says I'm covered during a track event...as long as it's not a "timed" event. It looks like I should check for any changes that may have been made lately

What INS CO do you have, if you dont mind me asking?
Old 06-12-2015, 08:12 PM
Gary2KC5
Le Mans Master

Received 38 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by jwebsta32
What INS CO do you have, if you dont mind me asking?
American National (Springfield, MO)

Also State Farm does, there was an instructor in St. Louis that was an Agent.

Get notified of new replies

To All About Insurance

Quick Reply: All About Insurance