Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sparco EVO II US Install (Piece of cake)

Old 06-30-2015, 10:20 PM
troyguitar
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Oh yeah I forgot about the LX1, that is probably your best bet over the sparco since you're tall but not all that wide.
Old 07-14-2015, 03:53 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

Looking at doing the evo 2 US in my c6z with the marred aluminum brackets. I'm 6'2" 240lbs with ~38" waist. Is the evo 2 us going to be wide enough for me?
Old 07-14-2015, 04:03 PM
chetly
Burning Brakes

Received 84 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Unreal
Looking at doing the evo 2 US in my c6z with the marred aluminum brackets. I'm 6'2" 240lbs with ~38" waist. Is the evo 2 us going to be wide enough for me?
Yes, the seat is wide enough for you. I have one for sale if your interested. I had it in my c5z for maybe a month. Pm me if your interested.
Old 02-15-2016, 12:48 AM
Bandit60
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the detailed write up.

Anyone have comments on using the Sparco Evo in a mostly street car that goes to the track a few times a year? Wondering how you like the fixed back while driving on the street?
I am considering some in my C6Z that I don't daily drive. I mostly use it as a weekend car for spirited mountain road drives.
Old 02-15-2016, 11:02 AM
NemesisC5
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 331 Likes on 241 Posts

Originally Posted by Bandit60
Thanks for the detailed write up.

Anyone have comments on using the Sparco Evo in a mostly street car that goes to the track a few times a year? Wondering how you like the fixed back while driving on the street?
I am considering some in my C6Z that I don't daily drive. I mostly use it as a weekend car for spirited mountain road drives.
I had Sparco Evos in a 2002 C5Z that saw equal use on track and street that I never gave a second thought to while on street or driving 172 miles to an event. The car had coilovers, stiff sway bars, poly bushings and brakes....the seat made all the car feel complete. If it handles like a "go-cart" you need a seat that holds you in place and you'll likely be so enamored with the handling that any sacrifice in comfort will be overlooked.
Old 02-15-2016, 11:18 AM
Matt_27
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by NemesisC5
I had Sparco Evos in a 2002 C5Z that saw equal use on track and street that I never gave a second thought to while on street or driving 172 miles to an event. The car had coilovers, stiff sway bars, poly bushings and brakes....the seat made all the car feel complete. If it handles like a "go-cart" you need a seat that holds you in place and you'll likely be so enamored with the handling that any sacrifice in comfort will be overlooked.
Same for me. I added a small cushion for my butt for road trips since it would start to go numb after 2 hours in the Evo, but with the cushion I drove it 18 hours to Nebraska last year and back- no problems.
Old 08-19-2018, 11:40 AM
lawson1603
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by marrad
I made a video on my phone to show the adjustability of the brackets that were used.

http://www.marradind.com/C5_C6_Seat_Base.mp4

The picture below shows a bracket without the seat. You can see the slots in the side mounts. After you position your seat in the car, pull the seat, remove it from the brackets and add some holes for grade 8 bolts at the end of the slots. Two holes at the front end of slots and two holes at the rear end of slots is good if possible.

are these brackets on your web site??
Old 08-19-2018, 01:00 PM
0marrad
Former Vendor

Received 70 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by lawson1603
are these brackets on your web site??
This bracket is no longer available. It was replaced by the untra low bracket with sliders, which is our best option for an adjustable seat. We also have a bracket that combines the ultra low seat mount and rear harness mount in one unit for the C5 (due to the shorter floor studs, stacking the 2 separate parts will not work). The aluminum rails are best for a fixed mounting position.

http://www.marradind.com/proddetail.asp?prod=C56MBR-UL
http://www.marradind.com/proddetail.asp?prod=C5UL-RHM
http://www.marradind.com/proddetail.asp?prod=C567MASR
Old 08-19-2018, 02:32 PM
SargeZ06
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That's too bad. I really like mine. What issues did you see with it?
Old 08-20-2018, 08:09 AM
0marrad
Former Vendor

Received 70 Likes on 41 Posts

We just had too many brackets to try and stock and needed to consolidate. We still have four options and may reduce to three in the future.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Sparco EVO II US Install (Piece of cake)