Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Federal 595 RS-R experience?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2015, 02:52 PM
Ludeaem
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Federal 595 RS-R experience?

I searched in this sub section but no real feedback. In a year or two I plan to do a square setup of the factory Speedlines and run 285/30/18's.

Who hear has personal stories or feedback about them? I know some people wouldn't touch a 'no name' tire and I respect that but some people on other car forums seem to really like them. At $124 a tire I wanted to consider them.

http://www.federaltire.com/en/produc...ts_detail_sn=5
https://onlinewheelsdirect.com/feder...8-97w-bsw.html

Last edited by Ludeaem; 07-13-2015 at 02:56 PM.
Old 07-13-2015, 04:51 PM
Xian
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've driven a *small* amount on the RSR. A friend of mine used them on the rear of his SMF Honda. They came up to temp quickly and had a super progressive breakaway. If you're looking for a decent street tire and occasional autox tire (at a super cheap price point), I think they'll be a good fit. There were some folks who ran them in autox on the FRS/BRZ to good result. Apparently the big downside is that they don't do really well with heat.

The sizing is kind of mediocre. The 285 is a little narrow and short but at the price... meh, tough to argue with.

Christian

PS
There's also an RSRR that's either out or coming out shortly.
Old 07-13-2015, 06:08 PM
JerryTX
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Loved them in 265mm on my M3 (normally run 275mm) , stuck like crazy (all of the 140 treadwear and more) but wore out quick. I do not know if you will get 3 track weekends out of them in 285 size on a Vette.
Old 07-13-2015, 09:46 PM
Solid1
Heel & Toe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ran them on my sti for auto-x mostly but did do a couple of HPDE with them. I absolutely loved them, especially for the money. I felt for a 140 treadwear they wore well and managed heat ok. Good grip, good feedback, forgiving of over driving, what more could you ask for!
Since the SCCA changed to 200TW I no longer run them but I would if I could.
Old 07-14-2015, 07:58 AM
Ludeaem
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

This would be for street and occasional track day. 2-3 a year. I am reading the same that some of you have reported is that they can get greasy pretty quickly which deters me. Thanks everyone for chiming in.

Get notified of new replies

To Federal 595 RS-R experience?

Quick Reply: Federal 595 RS-R experience?