Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C6 z06 ride hight suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2015, 06:24 PM
Devens08
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C6 z06 ride hight suggestions

Well I am getting my car Corner balanced in a few days and I was wondering what people's suggestions on right hight. I have jri double adjustable shocks and hyperco leaf springs so it is same set up as stock suspension. The car is strictly a track car and I was wondering what should I tell the people that are doing the corner balancing what I am looking for. Plus I would like to get it as close to what I want it at before the balancing so I don't have to have them spending time in ride hight and more on balancing. I have heard some people say that the front lower control arm should be level but I just wanted to maybe here some peoPle out. Maybe find what has worked and what hasn't. Thanks for all the input
Old 07-14-2015, 06:32 PM
Caliber Motorsports
Advanced

Originally Posted by Devens08
Well I am getting my car Corner balanced in a few days and I was wondering what people's suggestions on right hight. I have jri double adjustable shocks and hyperco leaf springs so it is same set up as stock suspension. The car is strictly a track car and I was wondering what should I tell the people that are doing the corner balancing what I am looking for. Plus I would like to get it as close to what I want it at before the balancing so I don't have to have them spending time in ride hight and more on balancing. I have heard some people say that the front lower control arm should be level but I just wanted to maybe here some peoPle out. Maybe find what has worked and what hasn't. Thanks for all the input
Does the car have Aero? Also, how smooth are the tracks you run and how stiff are your springs? These all play in to the answer. Ride height is a balancing act between ideal geometry on the suspension vs compliance for the surface you're running on. The rougher the surface, typically the softer sprung you have to make the car and the higher the static ride height needs to be to avoid bottoming out.
Old 07-14-2015, 07:40 PM
Devens08
Intermediate

No aero is on the car yet would like to at some point but not there yet. Spring rate I can't remember off the top of my head. Will have to look when I get home. Tracks I am driving are fairly smooth couple rough transitions from circle track to road course on a couple but nothing to crazy

Get notified of new replies

To C6 z06 ride hight suggestions

Quick Reply: C6 z06 ride hight suggestions