Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sparco Evo, Evo 2, Pro 2000 Fitment

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2015, 11:50 PM
slowzzz
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Sparco Evo, Evo 2, Pro 2000 Fitment

I've read through a lot of posts on random forums and have tried to determine how well I would fit in each of these seats without actually sitting in them. Unfortunately, there's not a convenient location (4+ hours driving) for me to physically test them otherwise I would just do that.

I'm 5'10", weigh 190 lbs. I wear 33"/34" pants, but that's mostly because I have to fit my legs that are kind of bulky from weightlifting and biking.

Most of the time I am driving the car to and from the track (about 1.5 hours). Even though I won't be driving it on the street all the time, I'd still like some level of comfort to avoid hating myself every time I drive the car.

In that regards I'm leaning more towards the Evo 2 over the Evo/Pro 2000, as the general consensus seems to be the Pro 2000 may be too deep and the Evo may be too small? Would I be "swimming" in the Evo 2 so to speak?

Thanks for any and all input.
Old 07-23-2015, 07:07 AM
Greg Campbell
Heel & Toe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by slowzzz
I've read through a lot of posts on random forums and have tried to determine how well I would fit in each of these seats without actually sitting in them. Unfortunately, there's not a convenient location (4+ hours driving) for me to physically test them otherwise I would just do that.

I'm 5'10", weigh 190 lbs. I wear 33"/34" pants, but that's mostly because I have to fit my legs that are kind of bulky from weightlifting and biking.

Most of the time I am driving the car to and from the track (about 1.5 hours). Even though I won't be driving it on the street all the time, I'd still like some level of comfort to avoid hating myself every time I drive the car.

In that regards I'm leaning more towards the Evo 2 over the Evo/Pro 2000, as the general consensus seems to be the Pro 2000 may be too deep and the Evo may be too small? Would I be "swimming" in the Evo 2 so to speak?

Thanks for any and all input.
I'm in the identical situation; trying to figure out what I'll be comfortable in and not having a good speed shop nearby. I'm also damn near identical in size and purpose to you; 180, 33 waist, wider legs and shoulders, and looking for snug but comfortable fit for longer drives to the track (no DD).

My strategy so far has been to sit in as many seats as possible when at the track. Most people are more than happy to let you try out their seat (as they have probably gone through the same hassle of finding the 'right' seat).

I have tried the Pro 2000 II and I think the Pro 2000 would be a good one to try next. The II was a little too wide in the hips and shoulders but the overall shape was good. The non-II is supposed to be the same fit, just narrower. My issue has been that most seats that fit in the shoulders are too wide in the waist. The Pro 2000 is fairly deep and the bolsters are a tad high to get in and out easily, but I don't think it would be an issue for a non DD.

I've sat in the EVO and EVO 2, both were too wide in the hips.

The other seat that I want to try is the OMP TRS. I have sat in the TRS XS that a 'skinny boy' friend had; very snug but a good relationship between hips and shoulders.

Last edited by Greg Campbell; 07-23-2015 at 07:09 AM.
Old 07-23-2015, 01:59 PM
Dan H.
Drifting

Received 131 Likes on 94 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

I'm 6'1" and 230lbs with a 38" waist and I fit in the EVO II US snug. It holds me in place great. Its fine to drive to the track for a couple hours (WG is 3 hours and no problem). I'm planning to go to VIR later this year and am not looking forward to the 7+ hour ride with that setup!

If you have amazon prime, you can probably order these with little to no risk around returning them. That is the reason I bought mine there. I had no local shops that had these seats were I could compare them, I even tried carlisle. I didn't want to get creamed with return shipping and those lovely "Restocking" fees. That said, I didn't read the fine print to see if returns were free or not.
Old 07-23-2015, 02:12 PM
lbk16
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have some first hand experience here. I am 5'9", 155 lbs with a 31" waist. I had Pro2000s and they were tight. There are two things that I did not like about them. First, they are too upright and the shoulder belt placement is too low. With a neck restraint and harness, I actually felt hunched over. Very, very uncomfortable. I would have back pain for days after a track weekend. Second, the hip bolsters are too high. When turning, my elbows would hit the hip bolsters. It took a while to get used to. I looked into the Evo as a replacement, but it is not Hans device "certified" (whatever that means), so I went with an Evo 2 (NOT an Evo 2 US). It fits great. Way more comfortable, no more hunched over feeling and I do not feel like I am swimming in it.

Hope that helps!
The following users liked this post:
jkduty (08-15-2019)
Old 07-23-2015, 03:36 PM
blkbrd69
Drifting

Received 71 Likes on 63 Posts

What is your location?

If you have a road course 1.5 hours away you probably have a circle track, off road or other shop that may have seats in stock.

I tried probably 15-20 seats at the track before deciding. For me it was a Cobra Suzuka, may be a bit tight for you in the legs?

On track its hard to have a seat to tight in the hips. Don't rule out Kirkey also.
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...key-seats.html
Old 07-23-2015, 04:36 PM
slowzzz
Advanced

Originally Posted by Greg Campbell
I'm in the identical situation; trying to figure out what I'll be comfortable in and not having a good speed shop nearby. I'm also damn near identical in size and purpose to you; 180, 33 waist, wider legs and shoulders, and looking for snug but comfortable fit for longer drives to the track (no DD).

My strategy so far has been to sit in as many seats as possible when at the track. Most people are more than happy to let you try out their seat (as they have probably gone through the same hassle of finding the 'right' seat).

I have tried the Pro 2000 II and I think the Pro 2000 would be a good one to try next. The II was a little too wide in the hips and shoulders but the overall shape was good. The non-II is supposed to be the same fit, just narrower. My issue has been that most seats that fit in the shoulders are too wide in the waist. The Pro 2000 is fairly deep and the bolsters are a tad high to get in and out easily, but I don't think it would be an issue for a non DD.

I've sat in the EVO and EVO 2, both were too wide in the hips.

The other seat that I want to try is the OMP TRS. I have sat in the TRS XS that a 'skinny boy' friend had; very snug but a good relationship between hips and shoulders.
Well, I wasn't originally planning on doing any mods, but I am getting very tired of sliding around and bracing myself hard. Thanks for the info, I'll try to find someone close to test a seat.

Originally Posted by Dan H.
I'm 6'1" and 230lbs with a 38" waist and I fit in the EVO II US snug. It holds me in place great. Its fine to drive to the track for a couple hours (WG is 3 hours and no problem). I'm planning to go to VIR later this year and am not looking forward to the 7+ hour ride with that setup!

If you have amazon prime, you can probably order these with little to no risk around returning them. That is the reason I bought mine there. I had no local shops that had these seats were I could compare them, I even tried carlisle. I didn't want to get creamed with return shipping and those lovely "Restocking" fees. That said, I didn't read the fine print to see if returns were free or not.
Thanks for the information. I think the Evo 2 US might be a little too wide for me, maybe the Evo 2 will fit better.

Good to know that the Evo's are comfortable, that's an important factor for me. I think I'm heading in the right direction!

Originally Posted by lbk16
I have some first hand experience here. I am 5'9", 155 lbs with a 31" waist. I had Pro2000s and they were tight. There are two things that I did not like about them. First, they are too upright and the shoulder belt placement is too low. With a neck restraint and harness, I actually felt hunched over. Very, very uncomfortable. I would have back pain for days after a track weekend. Second, the hip bolsters are too high. When turning, my elbows would hit the hip bolsters. It took a while to get used to. I looked into the Evo as a replacement, but it is not Hans device "certified" (whatever that means), so I went with an Evo 2 (NOT an Evo 2 US). It fits great. Way more comfortable, no more hunched over feeling and I do not feel like I am swimming in it.

Hope that helps!
Sounds like the Pro 2000's are out for me then, they don't sound comfortable at all!

Evo 2 sounds like a good fit, I assume this was a fairly recent purchase? I thought I read somewhere that the "new" Sparco Evo 2 is the same as the old Sparco Evo 2plus, so they no longer make a seat with the same dimensions as the "old" Sparco Evo 2. Can you confirm which one you have?

Originally Posted by blkbrd69
What is your location?

If you have a road course 1.5 hours away you probably have a circle track, off road or other shop that may have seats in stock.

I tried probably 15-20 seats at the track before deciding. For me it was a Cobra Suzuka, may be a bit tight for you in the legs?

On track its hard to have a seat to tight in the hips. Don't rule out Kirkey also.
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...key-seats.html
I live near Raleigh, NC. I've tried to find any kind of shop that sells Sparco competition seats, but everything seems to be a long drive from me. I'm not too knowledgeable about any nearby shops, so I'm kind of limited to what I can find on google.
Old 07-23-2015, 09:28 PM
lefrog
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by slowzzz
Same size same weight here. The Evo will be too small, you will have to squeeze your butt in and you will be really uncomfortable after more than a 20min session.
I replaced my Evo with an Evo 2 US and it is the perfect fit for my body, but it is a very tight fit in a C5 (not sure what car you are planning to install that into), carefully select your seat mounts.
Be careful, the Evo 2 (non-US) aka Evo 2+ is just a taller version of the Evo 1 but as tight on the hips. The Large version is the Evo 2 US.
Check the sizing info at http://www.sparcousa.com/product/evo-ii
Old 07-23-2015, 09:44 PM
Bowchickawowow
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sparco Evo, Evo 2, Pro 2000 Fitment

I'm 5'10", 170 with similar build. I have a Cobra Suzuka Pro-Fit GT (GT is the wider version). If I only ran the car at the track, the regular width would be ideal, however since I drive on the street sometimes and also to the track, the GT is a good balance. Snug, especially with 5pt. harness, but my legs aren't smashed together while driving on the street.
Old 07-23-2015, 11:22 PM
troyguitar
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm 5'10" 145 and wear "30" waist pants though measuring my waist with an actual tape puts it at more like 33" currently (trying to slim back down to 30) and the regular Evo is kind of a loose fit for me. It works out great for a street/autox/track compromise since it's not too tight to sit in for 8 hours but is not too loose to drive on the track.

You would fit in the Evo but it would be snug, Evo 2 is probably a good choice and Evo 2 US is probably too wide.
Old 07-24-2015, 01:00 AM
FruiTay
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm 5'9" 175 with squatter's legs and had a Recaro Profi SPG? I believe? I sold it and silently cry every day because of it. I thought I was gonna sell the car so I traded for a stock seat.
I drive the Vette a lot, track and street and that Profi was great for it all. Long drives too.
I bought it used and it was one of the older models with lower bolsters so getting in and out wasn't bad.
My buddy has it now. What a fortunate man!
I'm hoping the Sparco Ergo will be comfortable because the removable halos are an awesome idea.
Thanks for the thread! Good info for me on here.
Old 07-24-2015, 06:58 AM
StreetSpeed
Pro

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by lefrog
Same size same weight here. The Evo will be too small, you will have to squeeze your butt in and you will be really uncomfortable after more than a 20min session.
I replaced my Evo with an Evo 2 US and it is the perfect fit for my body, but it is a very tight fit in a C5 (not sure what car you are planning to install that into), carefully select your seat mounts.
Be careful, the Evo 2 (non-US) aka Evo 2+ is just a taller version of the Evo 1 but as tight on the hips. The Large version is the Evo 2 US.
X2. Same size, same seat (Evo 2 US) fits perfect. I have no problems getting them in my car however.
Old 07-24-2015, 11:39 AM
slowzzz
Advanced

Originally Posted by lefrog
I'm installing the seat into a C6 Z06.

Looking at Sparco's website it looks like the Evo 2 is slightly wider in the hips. They don't seem to have any dimensions in the Evo 2 US, but apparently it adds 1.5" width, 38mm, which looks like it would make it as wide as an Evo 3? Sounds too big to me.

Originally Posted by Bowchickawowow
I'm 5'10", 170 with similar build. I have a Cobra Suzuka Pro-Fit GT (GT is the wider version). If I only ran the car at the track, the regular width would be ideal, however since I drive on the street sometimes and also to the track, the GT is a good balance. Snug, especially with 5pt. harness, but my legs aren't smashed together while driving on the street.
Looks like the Suzuka Pro-Fit GT is very close to the Evo 2 as well. Yes, not feeling "squished" is important to me!

Originally Posted by FruiTay
I'm 5'9" 175 with squatter's legs and had a Recaro Profi SPG? I believe? I sold it and silently cry every day because of it. I thought I was gonna sell the car so I traded for a stock seat.
I drive the Vette a lot, track and street and that Profi was great for it all. Long drives too.
I bought it used and it was one of the older models with lower bolsters so getting in and out wasn't bad.
My buddy has it now. What a fortunate man!
I'm hoping the Sparco Ergo will be comfortable because the removable halos are an awesome idea.
Thanks for the thread! Good info for me on here.
From Recaro's website it looks like the Recaro Profi SPG and Evo 2 are very close dimension-wise. Thanks for your input!

Originally Posted by StreetSpeed
X2. Same size, same seat (Evo 2 US) fits perfect. I have no problems getting them in my car however.
Hmmm, maybe the Evo 2 US isn't too wide for me. I am planning on slimming down a bit, but the Evo 2 US could always become the passenger seat if it ends up too wide and I can order a new one for the driver side.

---

Seems like an Evo will end up being too small for me, so I guess that's out. Down to the Evo 2 and Evo 2 US now.
Old 07-24-2015, 12:50 PM
TKOGTO
Burning Brakes

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

My suggestion is to sit in seats of people @ the track. That's how I determined which to choose. I am not big, 5' 10", 165, 34" waist and I was surprised that the Evo II seat (euro) was too tight. Tried the US version and it fit fine.

Get notified of new replies

To Sparco Evo, Evo 2, Pro 2000 Fitment

Quick Reply: Sparco Evo, Evo 2, Pro 2000 Fitment