Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shop in central Florida to align C7Z?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2015, 10:48 PM
Snorman
Scraping the splitter.
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,028 Likes on 486 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

Default Shop in central Florida to align C7Z?

I had the car done prior to Daytona in April but with the heavy banking did not remove the upper shims and maxed out at -1.6* square. Ran this same alignment at Sebring and Roebling. But for fall I want to run the full -2.0* and ensure that the rear caster is zeroed out. A friend who is a GT-R Tech at Nissan did it at the dealer, but does not have the digital angle gauge or adapter.
Any shops in central Florida that can align the car and set rear caster?
S.
Old 07-30-2015, 01:54 AM
blkbrd69
Drifting

Received 71 Likes on 63 Posts

http://www.tredalign.com/

Owner is on the forum.

May be worth giving them a call. Always hear good things about them and they may be willing to make the investment in tooling.

Rear castor may be a trick as it sounds as dealers don't even have tool?
Old 07-30-2015, 08:08 AM
JeremyGSU
Drifting

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

I take my C5 Z to Rev Works in Winter Springs. 407-542-7863

They also have a C6 Z company track car.
Old 07-30-2015, 08:47 AM
miracle_whip4130
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Subscribed. I just have a C5Z but live in the same area and am curious to hear recommended shops.
Old 07-30-2015, 10:59 AM
Xian
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm in NE Florida so I haven't used them but know quite a few folks who've had very good experiences @ Speed Syndicate in Pinellas Park, FL. I believe Chris Vallee is the guy who does the alignments there for most of the fast CFR region AutoX cars.

https://www.facebook.com/SpeedSyn?fref=ts
Old 07-30-2015, 08:34 PM
GTB/ZR-1
Safety Car

Received 77 Likes on 53 Posts

Dynasty Auto on the corner of 50/436. My buddy, Chi, owns the shop & has the latest alignment rack. He does all my competition setups & most of the RR/AutoX cars in Orlando.

407-896-8700 & tell him I sent you.
Old 07-30-2015, 11:10 PM
Snorman
Scraping the splitter.
Support Corvetteforum!

Thanks, George. I'll call Chi tomorrow. I have Stage 2 aero coming and am moving to a set of PSC2's on Cups. Summer break almost over, time for fall!
Without getting into detail, a few of the other shops recommended ITT washed out of my consideration today.
S.
Old 07-31-2015, 07:28 AM
GTB/ZR-1
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Snorman
Thanks, George. I'll call Chi tomorrow. I have Stage 2 aero coming and am moving to a set of PSC2's on Cups. Summer break almost over, time for fall!
Without getting into detail, a few of the other shops recommended ITT washed out of my consideration today.
S.
Yeah--getting ready for fall--and looking for a Z06/Z07 in the meantime, now that it's been deemed legal in a stock class, for my 'cone' work... lol

I'm running 2+ of neg camber in front w/ no issues--you'll like it.

Not sure what you mean by: 'a few of the other shops recommended ITT washed out of my consideration today' though (?).
Old 07-31-2015, 04:12 PM
Snorman
Scraping the splitter.
Support Corvetteforum!

Waiting to hear back from Dynasty. Chi called Hunter to see what options he has for measuring rear caster.
Jeremiah at Stingray Chevrolet told me that they have the equipment needed to set rear caster. They also told me other customers have inquired. I have an appointment Tues at 10 am and will speak to their tech prior to handing over the car. Jeremiah told me to expect it to take 2-3 hours.
S.
Old 07-31-2015, 04:48 PM
jesup16
Racer

Received 55 Likes on 40 Posts

sounds like you're already setup with Chi. That would have been my recommendation locally. Otherwise Chris Vallee at Speed Syndicate.
Old 08-01-2015, 01:30 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,918 Likes on 5,327 Posts

Originally Posted by Snorman
Waiting to hear back from Dynasty. Chi called Hunter to see what options he has for measuring rear caster.
Jeremiah at Stingray Chevrolet told me that they have the equipment needed to set rear caster. They also told me other customers have inquired. I have an appointment Tues at 10 am and will speak to their tech prior to handing over the car. Jeremiah told me to expect it to take 2-3 hours.
S.
The biggest issue as far as rear caster will be the GM bracket which is a special design for the car. After that I imagine the GM angle gauge or any other digital angle gauge that can attach to the bracket magnetically work just fine. Once a few people get a view of the bracket it may be possible to make one yourself. I doubt it is anything more than a piece of sheet metal with a 90 degree bend along the long axis with some holes drilled into it and maybe some nuts welded at the holes so it can be bolted to the car's knuckle. Once people know how long it needs to be and where to drill the holes it can be fabbed by anybody who has a saw and some drill bits.

Bill
Old 08-06-2015, 01:25 AM
Snorman
Scraping the splitter.
Support Corvetteforum!

Just to update this...
I tried to contact or spoke with all suggested shops ITT except for Speed Syndicate because they are well over two hours away.
I went to Stingray Chevrolet. I spoke with Jeremiah and he confirmed with their shop foreman that they could measure and adjust rear caster. I made an appointment for yesterday morning and Jeremiah paged Robert Hoover (shop foreman) to his desk to make sure we were all on the same page. Robert confirmed the alignment specs I wanted and also that he had the angle gauge adapter and digital angle gauge. Today, when I picked up the car (also did PDR reflash), Robert came to the Cashier's desk and then offered to show me the equipment he used to measure and set rear caster. Sure enough, it was the Kent Moore adapter and angle gauge (which I ordered this week, lol) and he went through how he did it.
Two big thumbs up for Stingray Chevrolet in Plant City, Fl.
IMO don't hesitate to use these guys.

As of tonight, I have Stage 2 aero on the car and a track tire/wheel setup with PSC2's. Roebling next week, then COTA, NOLA, Sebring and Daytona.
S.
Old 08-06-2015, 01:26 AM
Snorman
Scraping the splitter.
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Bill Dearborn
The biggest issue as far as rear caster will be the GM bracket which is a special design for the car. After that I imagine the GM angle gauge or any other digital angle gauge that can attach to the bracket magnetically work just fine. Once a few people get a view of the bracket it may be possible to make one yourself. I doubt it is anything more than a piece of sheet metal with a 90 degree bend along the long axis with some holes drilled into it and maybe some nuts welded at the holes so it can be bolted to the car's knuckle. Once people know how long it needs to be and where to drill the holes it can be fabbed by anybody who has a saw and some drill bits.

Bill
The bracket is made by Kent Moore and is $133.
S.
Old 08-06-2015, 08:01 AM
GTB/ZR-1
Safety Car

Great stuff, Sean--glad to hear it all worked out @ Stingray.

Did the caster actually need adjustment to get to spec?

Thx

Get notified of new replies

To Shop in central Florida to align C7Z?

Quick Reply: Shop in central Florida to align C7Z?