Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

IMSA Continental SportsCar Challenge Vettes?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2015, 08:53 PM
doclex
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default IMSA Continental SportsCar Challenge Vettes?

Why aren't Vettes running in the GT class? I've looked on-line through the specs which didn't seem to disqualify the Vette. I did read some promotional material that mentioned that the GT cars had horsepower up to 405 hp. which would eliminate even the C7 base car. However, I did not find a horsepower limitation in the specs. It's just too bad that the Vettes aren't out there battling in this racing series.
Old 08-17-2015, 10:15 PM
z28lt1
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,974 Likes on 1,032 Posts

Originally Posted by doclex
Why aren't Vettes running in the GT class? I've looked on-line through the specs which didn't seem to disqualify the Vette. I did read some promotional material that mentioned that the GT cars had horsepower up to 405 hp. which would eliminate even the C7 base car. However, I did not find a horsepower limitation in the specs. It's just too bad that the Vettes aren't out there battling in this racing series.
The Camaros do very well in that series. GM typically doesn't encourage or support different GM cars competing against each other. Corvette gets the United Sportscar Championship (also imsa), Caddy in World Challenge and Camaro in CTSC

Also, the Camaro is better suited there running against mustangs, the 370z and such...although there is also a 911 and Aston Martins.
Old 08-18-2015, 08:35 AM
doclex
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ah, that makes some sense in GM not wanting to run against their own. And, currently the Camaro is #1 in manufactures in this series with 3 races to go. But as you said, I see the 911's and Aston Martins out there and brings out the Vette competitive spirit in me.

Last edited by doclex; 08-18-2015 at 08:39 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To IMSA Continental SportsCar Challenge Vettes?

Quick Reply: IMSA Continental SportsCar Challenge Vettes?